Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. rihajarvi

rihajarvi Forum Resident

that was amazing. further evidence that '76 is every bit as integral to the rolling thunder mystery story as '75

when the time comes i sincerely hope they don't skimp out on us

DeeThomaz and Richard--W like this.
  2. David Allan

David Allan Active Member

You're a Big Girl Now - Take 2 has appeared on Spotify.

Natural E likes this.
  3. Moth

Moth fluttering by

I was initially a little skeptical about this release, but I've been listening to the alternate "If You See Her, Say Hello" every so often, and his vocal performance connects with me in a way the album version just has never been able to do. It's a really minor change for a song in what is considered to be an entire Bootleg Series consisting of minor changes to songs, but it makes a huge difference. I am ready for more.

4. Waymore Lonesome

Waymore Lonesome Forum Resident

"What do your parents think about my songs mr "Time Magazine"?"

I would trade Dylan's entire 1980's output for that clip. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

enro99, mrjinks and Olompali like this.
  5. Waymore Lonesome

Waymore Lonesome Forum Resident

Peeps need to give Joan Baez a break, she thought she was going to marry the person she respected most in the world who became a worldwide legend multi-millionaire hero. She at least had the honesty to admit how she felt in all those fantastic songs she wrote in the mid 70's. Sweeter For Me forgives a lot of sins as far as I'm concerned.

6. SomeLocalLoser

SomeLocalLoser Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you! The way he sings “she still lives inside of me” is very moving and you can feel the hurt in his voice. There are other instances in this take that reveal that raw emotion, and I love it. I’m looking forward to listening to all the takes because of the way he varies his pronunciation of some words and his emphasis. I can’t wait!

Richard--W, matt79rome89 and Moth like this.
  7. voles

voles Forum Lurker

...and Itunes. This is the 'unreleased' track on the UNCUT CD.

George P likes this.
  8. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I've read it now. Phew, that was lucky (for me); it's years since I did any pole-vaulting... :)

Perhaps "Little Red Rooster" will be a bonus cut on the 2CD edition.

9. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

Beautiful, but the Minneapolis version is untouchable

10. If that's only take 2, it proves he knew the song he wanted to sing before he even started take 1. It's a great performance and could go on the album.

The NYC acetate version is the absolute masterpiece though.

Box set pre-ordered.

Mr. D and Jimmy B. like this.
  11. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

sounds almost like a demo, the 'I know where I can find you......in somebodies room' line is really something

NYMets41 likes this.
  12. IronWaffle

IronWaffle It’s all over now, baby blue

Neither of my two bookstores likely to carry this had it yesterday. For those in a similar bind, you can buy a digital copy here for a 99¢.

No bonus CD but now that the “unreleased” track is online that’s arguably no real loss. Maybe not as satisfying as turning glossy pages but it has the added benefit of offering a toggle to peruse a reproduction or to speed through a minimal phone-friendly text-only version.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  13. Percy Song

"Exclusive" for a day...!!!

[​IMG]

#

14. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

I just "purchased" it but then Google and so on has been putting me through the ringer trying to update all my info in order to gain access to the magazine. They had no problem taking my .99 though . . .

JohnKale, IronWaffle and NYMets41 like this.
  15. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Quite a nice compilation though, with a track from all the Bootleg Series issues.

I got mine from Badlands this morning, free postage too.

Percy Song likes this.
  16. Percy Song

No wonder that Clinton's book is so expensive! Encased in a cardboard mailer and slipped into a gold bubble-wrap envelope. Classy!!

[​IMG]

It's a slim volume, but it has a number of studio "paperwork" images, one page from one of the "working" notebooks and a few rather poorly reproduced photographs, including one of Rich Blakin, assistant engineer on 17 September.

"....thanks to Jeff Rosen for green lights and insights...."

How things have changed....:)

rihajarvi, JohnKale, redsock and 6 others like this.
  17. All that glitters is not necessarily gold.

Seriously, how many books has Heylin written on Dylan now? I wonder what his wife thinks about his lifelong obsession?

When will we get a book on Dylan's dietary changes? How much of his life hasn't been exposed and written about yet? Is Heylin the 'respectable' Weberman for our age?

Tribute and NYMets41 like this.
  18. Percy Song

"How many? It's either....." No, no, I'll refrain from doing that again. :)

It might be of some interest if you are buying the box. It is expensive, though.

[​IMG]

#

19. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I ordered the magazine, but would someone kindly link us to where this "exclusive for a day" can be bought?

20. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Streaming on Tidal

21. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I might argue with 'best of' though! :)

22. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Itunes as well.

23. Walking Antique

Walking Antique Nothing is incomprehensible

By the way, both of these preview songs are available as free MP3 downloads from:

Main Page
    Freegal Music

"You're A Big Girl Now"
    Freegal Music

You can log-in using your library card. This is a FREE and LEGAL service. They have Dylan's entire catalog, including all the expensive boxsets. The only hitch is that you are limited to just a few songs a week. For instance, "The Cutting Edge 1965-66: The Bootleg Series Vol 12" would take 38 weeks to acquire.

24. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Thanks, but I'll pass on the streams and downloads.
    I would like to pick up an extra copy of the CD. Perhaps it will slide into my Complete Albums box.

25. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Mine just arrived. It's small (5.5 x 8.5 inches) and it's short (128 pages). Based on the price, I sure hope it's GOOD! :)