Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Are the other tracks on the acetate identical to the released one's or do they run at a different speed? If they have the 'right' speed I would consider it different tracks compared to the original commercial pressing.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. voles

voles Forum Lurker

According to Still On The Road: 1974 Blood On The Tracks recording sessions there are 35 interrupted tracks or false starts. I look forward to seeing and obviously hearing how things are actually arranged.

I am a bit irritated that the disc breaks don't coincide with the separate sessions nevertheless.

3. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Just burn your own. That's as far from a deal breaker as we can get with this set.

4. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

I'm thinking of Cutting Edge goodies. Photo books, descriptions of takes, essays... I'm still hoping for a recreation of one of the many notebooks as well.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

Cutting Edge goodies ?

Leopard skin plastic trash ?

voles and mickdoby like this.
  6. slane

slane Forum Resident

They didn't have the foresight to only record up to a limit of 80 minutes per session... ;)

voles, majorlance, RayS and 9 others like this.
  7. Thomas Casagranda

Thomas Casagranda Forum Resident

Unlike Blonde On Blonde, Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, I view Blood On The Tracks as Dylan's perfect album. Not one track on the released version is bad.

8. TimeandTempo

TimeandTempo Forum Resident

A box full of goodies (18 cds, 2 books, 9 7" singles, and a cel from the film) and you focus on the smallest most insignificant part of it... Excited to see your thoughts on BS14

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I don't care about the goodies as they only add to the price. Just give me the discs.

10. nfmboss666

nfmboss666 Forum Resident

I’m in for the 6 CD and 2 LP. One of my favorite things about the LP sets of the BS series have always been the larger 12x12 books that accompany them. Yes, all will be in the cd box but I’ve always enjoyed the larger pictures etc.

I’m wondering since this is only 2 LPs, i gotta guess it will be issued in a standard gatefold jacket rather than a box?

11. Lars1966

Lars1966 Forum Resident

I'm hoping for the buttons from Dylan's jacket...

12. racingman11

18 cds, 2 books : good.

Everything else : expensive and of no value for me.

13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I suspect that specific details like those you mention will be part of the official announcement. If not, we’ll be able to compare the Amazon track listing against Krogsgaard’s sessionography and get a pretty solid (though probably not perfect) sense of it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    IronWaffle likes this.
  14. racingman11

What the hell are they doing ? I can't focus at work.

And they were supposed to make an announcement 14 minutes ago !

15. moonshiner

moonshiner Forum Resident

My favorite record by anyone, I'll buy everything.

timnor, voles, Mr. Explorer and 2 others like this.
  16. Would imagine the 6-disc will be the usual format of 2 books in the hard box. They've been consistent with the design.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

So...even if there is a 1 CD version instead of the usual 2 CD version; if the jewel case is housed in a slip case and includes a booklet, it should still match the other 2 CD Bootleg series packages.
    Which, other than less music, is not necessarily a bad thing.

18. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

While waiting for more details of BOTT, here's another, somewhat tenuous, Miles/Dylan connection: they both played at the Isle of Wight Festival. Admittedly a year apart.

19. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

looking at the tracklist, even if none of them are incomplete takes, these could be pretty short discs.

or at least discs 1, 5, and 6.

The Expecting Rain forum fans are weird.. all they do is talk about how they don't have time for this box. I agree with this poster who said, "I find the negative reaction to this bizarre. If you told the denizens of Expecting Rain in 2005 that We'd get 6 CDs of BOTT outtakes there would have been mass jubilation."

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  20. kuddukan

kuddukan Forum Resident

I’m with up above. This waiting today is making it really hard to focus on work. Thanks all for your continued interesting discussion here!

21. goodnitesteve

goodnitesteve bootleger

Is that confirmed by process of elimination or inside sources? It doesn't say anything on the Amazon Uk page.

22. slane

slane Forum Resident

It doesn't seem that way to me, given the length of some of the songs. Disc 6 seems to be the only one that could be a bit skimpy.

23. slane

slane Forum Resident

Process of elimination. The first 3 songs on Disc 6 are the last ones listed in the NY session logs (following on from Disc 5).

24. Graham

Graham Senior Member

There's nothing to complain about as the 1CD/2LP configuration takes care of those, like me, who don't want to listen to back-to-back takes of the same songs.

25. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I'm wondering if the 2 LP is three songs per side because it's at 45 rpm or if it's three songs per side because there are multiple takes of each song 33 1/3 rpm.

Some of you know already, yes?