Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

Tempted to go there (from London) if ability to listen to tapes is granted.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  2. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

London to Tulsa, return flight plus hotel for 5 nights - £1500.

:sigh:

3. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Oh, I know for sure that if the tapes are made available to the public, I'll be making my way to Tulsa somehow... :agree:

DeeThomaz and Mbd77 like this.
  4. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Aren't all rumors just made up?

5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Please have a digital recorder surgically implanted, with microphones in your ears

LonesomeDayBlues and dee like this.
  6. Mrsharko

Mrsharko Forum Resident

It seems more likely that they will lump the Blood on the Tracks set in with Planet Waves and Desire, and possibly Street Legal as well. 1974-1978. That is if this is a book tie in, like the Sid Griffin Basement Tape book and the recent Clinton Haylen books.

7. stewedandkeefed

stewedandkeefed Came Ashore In The Dead Of The Night

Do you have the Fort Worth 5/16/76 complete audience tape - the only 1976 RTR show with Joni Mitchell?

8. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Take my money!

9. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Yes.

10. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

The recent update on the Tulsa Archive website includes citations of several unknown Oh Mercy era songs. When Rolling Stone mentioned the possibility of an Oh Mercy-focused set, I was skeptical (I mean, c'mon-- didn't TTS cover that pretty well already?). But in Still On The Road, Heylin mentioned that Lanois kept a 2-track tape running in the studio that captured performances not on the full multi-tracks (including an early "TV Talking Song"). I'm starting to wonder if there might be more undocumented material here than we previously realized?

11. inaptitude

inaptitude Forum Resident

With everyone getting so excited about the new Sgt. Pepper box, it makes me realize just how lucky we Dylan fans have it with this series. While the Beatles certainly don't have the extensive unreleased archives that Dylan does, it does strike me that Apple is fairly stingy with what they release. And here we are debating what will be released in Volume 14! Amazing.

Runicen, Sean, mrjinks and 4 others like this.
  12. Sean Murdock

Indeed. While the Beatles certainly don't have the vault material to sustain a 14-volume series like Bob does, they definitely have the goods for Super Deluxe Editions of the White Album, Abbey Road, Let It Be (with the film!) and (circling back) Revolver. This Pepper box is beyond my wildest dreams, and I hope it sells well enough to encourage more of them.

Sean, Percy Song and DeeThomaz like this.
  13. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Oh, Sean! Surely your Sgt. Pepper wildest dreams included the following for around $150:-

CD1: Original Mono mix
    CD2: Original Stereo mix
    CD3: New Stereo mix
    CD4 - CD10: All unreleased outtakes
    CD11: Singles mixes, recently discovered early mono mixes and Carnival of Light
    DVD & Blu-Ray
    Book, posters, cut-outs, facsimilies of session logs etc
    1x 180gram vinyl (mono)
    Vinyl Single: PL/SFF in picture sleeve
    1x spindle

#

14. Sean Murdock

Nope -- given Apple's history, my wildest dreams never got THAT wild! :agree: This Pepper box is much, much more than I ever thought they would go for.

And besides, if MY wildest dreams were being monitored and catered to, we'd be getting this Super Deluxe Edition of the White Album, not Sgt. Pepper.... :D

15. Percy Song

It's predictable, if not inevitable, that your wildest dreams will be fulfilled in November 2018. I'm guessing a double whammy of "White Album" Super Deluxe and Bootleg Series Vol.14: Blood On Your Saddle. Start saving!

Dave Gilmour's Cat likes this.
  16. Sean Murdock

Part of my daily life is saving up for Super Deluxe box sets nowadays. After BS12, I'm not getting caught by surprise again! Can you imagine a White Album box and a Blood On The Tracks box being released in the same month?!

Sean, Buda, Percy Song and 3 others like this.
  17. IronWaffle

IronWaffle It’s all over now, baby blue

That sentence alone just caused a palpitation. With everything, I don't know how much my heart can take... or how much longer I can wait.

18. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Now that is a box set I could live with 6-8 CDs, maybe more. This is maybe, today anyway, my favourite Dylan period.

Oi you lot! Stop talking about `Revolver`, `White album`, `Abbey Road` etc Beatles box sets, as if being a Dylan, Jethro Tull, Yes and many more artists fan who keep releasing bloody box sets that I have to get wasn`t bad enough! Not to mention the cost*.

*Isn`t that an oxymoron?

19. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

This is very unlikely to happen. The plans are for a 'Blood On The Tracks' set.

20. Mrsharko

Mrsharko Forum Resident

BoB was supposed to be a single box too but they ended up lumping in everything from 65-66. The Douglas Brinkley book scheduled for next year specifically mentions the years 1974-1978. The book tie ins seem to be a regular thing now.

21. Mrsharko

Mrsharko Forum Resident

I don't think a BS based solely on Blood would be very interesting to the general populous unless there are a bunch of unreleased songs we've never heard of before. Of course you or I might listen to 5 takes in a row of Idiot Wind, but it doesn't make for a very interesting album. The beauty of the BS series, at least the standard editions, is that they work as albums on their own. A kind of parallel discography. Two disks of the same 13 songs repeating over and over is kind of dull, at least to the mainstream. That's why I think they are more likely to go the ASP or TTS route.

Tom Schreck, bobcat and Sean Murdock like this.
  22. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I know what the plans are.

You won't be hearing 5 takes in a row. You will be hearing stuff sounding like a completely different thing to what you might expect and the start point and the end point are different ends of the spectrum. You haven't heard the 'Blood On The Tracks' stuff, trust me - people thinking its just 'alternate takes' like on the Bootleg Series 1-3 are mistaken - Blood On The Tracks wasn't approached like that, in my view. It won't be 2 discs either.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  23. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Wow. Do you mind if I ask how you know this stuff?!

24. Percy Song

Very pleased to see you around these parts; your posts on the other Bob threads have always been spot on!

I'm hoping this is an indication that the apparently lost tapes have been found...

25. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I'm a Peruvian Shaman.