Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. bem

bem Forum Resident

Agreed.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  2. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

It is The Gaslight you're thinking of.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  3. Percy Song

Thanks for that, @DeeThomaz . Similar to the experience he had in 1966!

So, it sounds like we'll be getting more or less what we already know but in better clarity. I can live with that.

No mention of a release date?

4. Percy Song

Definitely! And deserving of an official release.

I'm sure most people round these parts know that "Walls of Redwing" on this release is a studio outtake with applause added. The actual performance can be found on LP 6 of the 1963 Copyright Collection. I imagine plenty of people have done their own edit...

5. Johan1880

Johan1880 Forum Resident

Isn't the Copyright Collection in mono where the master is stereo? I was under the impression Sony gave us pristine audio on the Copyright Collection but held back the complete stereo for a future official release.

6. Percy Song

Probably. I only have one working ear so I hear everything in mono.....:)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  7. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The solo shows are better in mono

Richard--W likes this.
  8. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I did NOT realize that. Mind blown!

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Jimmy B. and Percy Song like this.
  9. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

This is the only previously uncirculated track on the 1963 collection. Given Sony’s thinking when compiling that particular set, it would seem to have been released in error, i.e. someone took the fake live version on BS1-3 at face value and didn’t think to cross-check this with the real Carnegie Hall live track.

Percy Song likes this.
  10. Percy Song

For "Bootleg Series" releases, yes, that's true. I have no specific information but I don't think "Dylan at the Gaslight" is going to be part of the "Bootleg Series"; it'll be lower key than that. It's almost certain that the BS Vol 14 release will happen in November, so logically Sony has to push out "Dylan at the Gaslight" within the next couple of months or wait until after the end of year holiday avalanche. The way Richard is plugging his Gaslight Tapes (and also indicating that the BOTT release is on the way), suggests a Gaslight release sooner than later. I'd say before the end of July is realistic.

In any case, it seems likely that we will be experiencing the wizardry of these two gentlemen sometime this year.

[​IMG]
    Richard Alderson

[​IMG]
    Steve Addabbo

#

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I wouldn’t mind seeing in official release of the 1961 Carnegie Hall concert too. Did he not perform there in 62?

12. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

'61 Carnegie wasn't the main stage. It was the "chapter Hall" theatre side-stage. I did hear there's a recently-discovered second reel from the '61 show that hasn't been circulated before. Fingers crossed we'll get to hear that! I don't believe there was a '62 Carnegie show.

Richard--W, Crush87, Jimmy B. and 2 others like this.
  13. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

Great news. Carnegie 61 also deserves an official release. He actually did play Carnegie in 62, as part of a Hootenanny with other singers. Performed 5 songs, among them the premiere of Hard Rain.

Still On TheRoad 1962

14. Tom Schreck

I can't find where I read about the second reel, but I'm pretty sure it's in one of the articles about the Tulsa archives. Definitely remember reading about it in the past 18 months.

15. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Of the 22 song setlist for Carnegie Chapter Hall '61, only 15 songs circulate. Of those 15, one, This Land Is Your Land, was officially released, on The Bootleg Series vol 7. The missing songs are somewhat scattered across the setlist.

Still On The Road 1961

16. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Just chiming in to agree that more of the folk-era concerts deserve release.
    Gaslight shows, the Carnegie Hall shows and Town Hall especially.
    A separate set for demos (Minnesota hotel and party tapes, etc) also need to come out.
    I'm hopeful that these Gaslight rumors represent a use of the copyright dumps in order to make a commercial product.

17. Tom Schreck

That's puzzling as far as rumors of a "second reel" go (if tracks from throughout the set circulate, that probably means Izzy Young started-and-stopped the tape throughout the show, and the remaining material doesn't exist), but if there's a new tape, maybe it's the whole first half or whole second half, or maybe the whole concert unaltered! One can hope.

18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I am hoping that the mystery 1973 session of new unique Dylan songs is released. All directly political, Dylan's reaction to what was going on.

Richard--W and Yorick like this.
  19. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Say whaaaa?

20. Tom Schreck

Methinks he’s “taking the p***,” as our UK friend posters might say.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  21. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

What mystery tape are you referring to?
    If it's a mystery, how do know the songs are unique, political and Dylan's reaction to what was going on? and how do you know it's from 1973?

please Tribute, Tribute please....

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

If he told you it wouldn’t be a mystery then.

Richard--W and Tribute like this.
  23. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I believe that you can accomplish your dreams only if you can imagine them.

24. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

It could be he imagined it all.

Poor Tribute. He used to be a normal person.

25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I don't think that anyone who speculates about Bob Dylan's next archival release is normal.

SteveM, Richard--W, NYMets41 and 7 others like this.