Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Should be the "NYC acetate" version, I believe.

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

So the NYC acetate version with organ and without organ circulate? The two tracks I have are not quite at the same speed so it's not easy to do a comparison. :p

3. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

There is no “big red”

4. revolution_vanderbilt

:shake:

5. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I'm probably the biggest (perhaps the only) culprit in this regard, and I apologise without reservation. No more talk about Big Red.

No, we've already had Big Red...

[​IMG]

But there will be a Bootleg Series Vol.14, right? Possibly red in hue but not so big.....:hide:

#

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  6. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

There are no plans to replicate the big box format of the 1965-66 collectors edition set for blood on the tracks, as far as I’m aware, and probably nor will it be 18 discs - I don’t believe there’s enough material for that and I haven’t heard that figure mentioned.

As always I could be wrong and at some point I’m going to be, but I have a 100% track record so far on future Dylan releases so take from that what you will.

At the moment, I have no new information on this set that I haven’t indicated previously.

7. Percy Song

Yes. I believe they are the same. Take 6 from 16 September. One has the organ overdub, apparently recorded on 08 October.

8. revolution_vanderbilt

Well, ok, this isn't too bad. I never would have expected 18 discs, since like you said there doesn't seem to be enough material to warrant such a number.

9. Percy Song

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we all appreciate the information that you have imparted over the years. Long may you run!

I don't think there was any serious expectation of a replication of Big Blue, either in size of box or number of discs. Unless there are many more takes that Krogsgaard did not have access to, a 6-disc set would pretty much cover the BOTT sessions, and the Bootleg Series presentation format has been established for a while now.

However, personally I would very much like to see a box size for BOTT that is comparable to Big Blue so that the "paperwork" can be presented in a larger format. This was, and remains, my dream of a thing that I will no longer mention...:) . It is, unfortunately, predictable if not inevitable that a BOTT bootleg series release will be packaged in the same way as the "deluxe" editions of Vol 8, 10, 11, 12 and 13 were.

I recognise that I may be the only one around these parts who dislikes the format.

#

10. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

I’ve been around for awhile but only recently saw a censoring. It was due to narrative.

I went to this thread and found it very interesting?

Why would something like this be closed?

11. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

PS: I do disagree w claiming Dylan not “really” involved.

Who else but the artist would have pulled “Another Self Portrait” with its universal condemnation yet shocking beauty of this release?

Tribute likes this.
  12. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I don’t know if he is involved, but ‘Another Self Portrait’ was mentioned to me as a future Bootleg Series release as early as 2002.

Sean Murdock, AGimS, NYMets41 and 4 others like this.
  13. Percy Song

Interesting.

I wonder if ASP would have been a bigger set if it had been understood how well it was going to be received? At least, I suppose, there is the possibility of a Copyright Collection release for the ASP era next year.

Gauth and NYMets41 like this.
  14. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Are the complete John Wesley Harding sessions now out of copyright (in select countries) as there was no "copyright edition" issued in 2017?

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Big Maroon?

16. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

The BOTT set (if not a "box") needs to come out so I can Chekov my wish list

17. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

Fair enough.

That means “they” have known how beautiful the music was for a long time.

After Tell Tale Signs, it’s my favorite.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

After all this TIME, I am going OUT OF my MIND for more TOOM sessions

19. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

Even if the next is “The New York Sessions”, I’ll buy it.

I could whine up and down, but whatever they offer I’m gonna pay for.

20. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

I’d give your left arm for the TOOM outtakes, demos etc.

Listening to it in hi res with dac and headphones is like being in the studio.

mrjinks likes this.
  21. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

Insightful.

I was one of the weirdos who didn’t hate Self Portrait.

I was stunned at ASP.

Gauth and Crispy Rob like this.
  22. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I already gave my left arm to view the session notes for the Wiggle Wiggle Sessions.

23. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

Asp has one of my favorite alternate takes ever. That solo piano version of When I Paint My Masterpiece is phenomenal

24. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

Uh oh, you mean you like some of the lyrical children's fairy tale stuff, too?

I would love to hear outtakes, stripped down versions, etc. I like Under the Red Sky and wonder if there are hidden gems awaiting us.

25. Gauth

Gauth Forum Resident

Meanwhile in Bob Co's office:

Genius #1: "Guys, we can't tell them we've been holding on to these tapes for 10 years before releasing them..."

Genius #2: "Why not just change 2002 for 2012?"

Genius #1: "Holy f*** we're so bad! Now, let's do the teaser video!"

"In 2012, a tape was found, containing mixdowns of what would become Bob Dylan's Self Portrait album. These recordings became the inspiration for the Bootleg Series volume 10, Another Self Portrait."

NYMets41, Tribute and ranasakawa like this.