Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series Volume 15 (Travelin’ Thru 1967-1969 (1st November 2019) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mbd77, Sep 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

Well, all these monumental Bootleg series still haven't turned up the Big Band version of George Jackson in decent quality (the one on Masterpieces is distorted). Not on Spotify either.

Yes I know, Mr D's Collection #3 ...

Tim

sweetdudejim likes this.
  2. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Hah !!! LOL :D Richard, you just made me spill my coffee !! Love the description :D

keef285 likes this.
  3. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Personally would like RTR - including a FULL concert.

Logic tells me they may not want to follow a mid 70's Bootleg with another one - so, maybe they will go with early 80's (post Gospel) or NET.

mpayan likes this.
  4. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

That would be great as would an Infidels based release. Then all those odd recordings and lots of cover songs (so not likely) from the whole Knocked Out and Down In A Rut period.

I would also like more Times stuff and would especially love to hear Bob's version of Key to the Highway.

5. Arkady

Arkady Forum Resident

Agreed about Supper Club, though the hero who curates the Thousand Highways collection tweaked the sound to sweeten the vocals and I think it sounds pretty good. Presumably more could be done with the original tapes.

(edited to remove the link, as I think it might be against the rules, but google is your friend)

6. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Volume 15...
    How many albums did Dylan release between 1962 and 1980?
    The output is amazing.

7. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I would love to see a bootleg series cd on the Infidels period.

Sean, Willowman and Richard--W like this.
  8. morwells

morwells Forum Resident

Ahhh everyone trashing The Supper Club shows. I don't think they are as bad as made out to be. I might be a bit biased though as i worked on these shows. The 4 shows plus 2 rehearsal shows. It was one of my first jobs out of college. I was a prod asst but got hearded in to wrangle cable on the camera closest to the stage. I have lots of memories of those shows. The first being how insanely hot it was in there for the recordings. A sweatbox. All the VIPs were put upstairs (Springsteen, Ric Ocasek and a bunch more). All the fans offering me insane amounts of money outside for my pass or any pass (no i didn't sell mine or sell any to anyone). And of course how i maneuvered to meet and talk to Bob briefly in the bathroom before one of the shows (a great long story i won't get into here). If my memory serves correctly, one of the rehearsal shows was my favorite of all but for me they were all magical as i was a mere few feet away from watching Dylan perform in this very intimate (and great sounding) room.

Sean, Percy Song, Blue Note and 11 others like this.
  9. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Thanks for telling us about the evening.
    Did you take any photos?

10. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Down in the Groove Complete Sessions............just kidding. :hide:

It may not quite fit the BS template but what I would really like at this point is a collection of all the B Sides, movie songs and other stray tracks that have not yet been included on a Dylan album.

Sean, mpayan, Crispy Rob and 3 others like this.
  11. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

We definitely need a Side Tracks 2. Side Tracks was a great collection, but there's so much more out there that needs to be collected.

Arkady likes this.
  12. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Dylan / Dead
    or
    Dylan / Petty & Heartbreakers
    please.

If not, then
    1975 RTR with tons of footage, Hard rain, no Rain, etc.

MikeVernon and ted321 like this.
  13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Indeed! Plus one.

Sean, ExHead and JohnKale like this.
  14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

What? You know that it sucks on Masterpieces, and that Mr. D's #3 is not so hot either? Or that Mr. D's #3 Collection is the good one?

It's not clear if you know.

15. Gouty

Gouty Forum Resident

Give the 60's and 70's a temporary rest and hit up that 2001-2012 run of Love & Theft, Modern Times, Together Through Life and Tempest.

The closest we got was that weird, half-hearted Oh Mercy, Time out of Mind set (Vol 8) that seemed centered around Daniel Lanois rather than any particular album or period. As good as it was it was only two discs (three if you ponied up for that ridiculously priced set)

Modern Dylan hasn't hardly been touched. Even if theres scant studio outtakes, give us some variations on live performances.

Its just such a fertile and strong run of albums, I don't know why we need to double back on the already well documented periods before visiting his more recent output.

The MEZ, MRamble and bliss44 like this.
  16. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

More Tell, More Tale, More Signs

That's what I want.

The MEZ, Sean, Lonson and 7 others like this.
  17. CDmp3

CDmp3 Forum Resident

1974 Tour with the Band Box Set
    JWH sessions

Lonson, SuddenSam and SteveFff like this.
  18. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Where is the preorder link? ;)

SteveFff likes this.
  19. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

This thread's trial balloons and fractal zoomings in on remaining nooks and crannies are giving me a powerful sense of a possible ending looming not too far up ahead. How many really strong, revelatory, richer-than-expected unexplored and unearthed zones of Bob are left to corral into future boxes?

Heresy, I know... And probably dead wrong. But it seems at least a theoretical possibility that having finally settled accounts with Born Again Dylan and Blood on the Tracks, we're getting closer to closing the books on the last big gaps in the canonical record.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  20. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

There's been about ten reasonably good ideas floated in here so far without even touching the NET. We already know a few of the targets Jeff Rosen, er, Rolling Stone's "anonymous source" want to hit next (Supper Club, a more robust Rolling Thunder to go with the rumored documentary, etc.). The other big holes are safe bets (Infidels, Oh Mercy, '74, '78, Dylan/Cash/Harrison, JWH). 64-66 are done, something like Freewheelin' outtakes might not be enough/already out there for the copyright stuff. And who knows what they'll do with the mountains of live stuff?

The more likely scenario to me isn't that they run out of good sets people will buy, but that they'll hit the end of physical media before they get there. Most likely, the Bootleg Series finishes off as a digital product for live material with occasional/pared down vinyl releases for niche collectors.

21. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

I only have Masterpieces sadly.

Tim

22. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

Masterpieces was the first Dylan album I bought. How many of you can say that!

23. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I did want it but it never fit into my budget.

Great cover art / impressive set of tunes. "Import mystique" in spades.

24. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

I happen to have a very good contact who is more or less a decision maker inside the Dylan team for future projects.
    This is all very hush hush but the word from him is that a set similar to the self portrait BS is being considered for Empire Burlesque, Knocked
    Out Loaded and Down In The Groove. The aim here is to allow us to reassess this underated period.

Also being considered is the full Oct 17 1987 London show.

25. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Does their name rhyme with Meff Mosen?

Six Bachelors likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.