Bob Dylan: Complete Album Collection (pt3)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

De alguna manera no me divierte.

Un pirata de un comunicado oficial autorizado no es aceptable. Ciertamente no cuando está representado y con un precio tan auténtico.

2. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Forum Resident

I'm looking into getting this set. Anybody know of legitimate sites that might have it less than Amazon?

3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Right now, two of the main European Amazon sites (amazon.co.uk and amazon.de) are selling it for about $150. Compare each of their shipping prices, that may vary. Sometimes UK shipping is cheaper than Germany, but it varies

US Dealers seem to want close to $200 (Amazon USA, ImportCDs)

You might guess that those Ebay sellers offering it at $80 to $85 are selling counterfeit copies.

4. BigBadWolf

Yeah, I figure if the price is too good to be true, it's a fake.

5. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I went to amazon.co.uk. I forgot that they DEDUCT the VAT tax when you order from USA.

You can use your Amazon USA sign-in name and password.

You can go all the way up to the final step before you click "PAY" to see the final price with shipping.Then if you do not like it, close the page and you are clear.

Believe it or not, after they deducted the VAT tax and added shipping, the total price was $140 from Amazon UK including shipping!

USA Amazon adds sales tax for many states. Even with free shipping, the amazon USA price for me would be $216.

$76 savings, which you can put toward a counterfeit copy for your beach house.

I just looked, my original advance order price in 2013 (best price at the time) was $180 plus sales tax. So $140 ain't bad.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  6. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

importCDs.com always sold this box less than anyone else. I think I paid $82 plus shipping two years ago..

7. BigBadWolf

Thanks for the input. Just checked importcds. Price went up to $195. But I kind of expected that.

@Tribute, $140 sounds a whole lot better than $199 plus tax:righton:

8. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

with european shipping, you have the same issues and chances as with any shipper - potential damage. I have heard about amazon UK being OK to work with. I buy box sets from europe all the time

9. SKean

SKean Forum Resident

Keep checking back here, for people will either update you on sales or they just might sell theirs that's in pristine condition
    in the CD classifieds...

10. BigBadWolf

Thanks. It's something I'm looking to get, but not spend too much on. Still, I know overall it's cheaper at the current price than trying to get them all individually. And yes, I know the set is the only way to get a couple of albums on CD

11. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I would say that if you are missing even as many as 8 to 10 of these discs, it is a "no brainer" to pick it up at $140. If you are missing many more than that, what are you waiting for? Every album is essential. Skip those Starbucks coffees, and if you don't drink them, skip your lunches. No one needs that extra food as much as they need the essential Dylan box.

12. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

The last used copy I saw in decent shape was $130. New at $140 sounds pretty good. I think that $80 deal is unlikely again, if it really was that. $200 in the USA seems to be today's price point.

13. BigBadWolf

I actually don't have any. I wasn't into his stuff when I was younger. I think his voice turned me away. But recently, I'm finding myself exploring music I've dismissed. I figure if these artists have had huge success and relatively long careers, there must be something I'm missing

14. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Time to jump. Figure out where you can save $140. If you have a car, stop going anywhere.

15. BigBadWolf

Ok, please forgive my ignorance on this. There would be nothing different buying this from overseas versus domestically other than price. Am I understanding that correctly? Sorry, I've just gotten into buying online and have never ordered anything from another country. Please have mercy on the newb

16. Ordering from amazon.co.uk is easy if you are American. You can reuse your Amazon.com credentials and they already have your info. The only problem you may have is that a foreign purchase may trigger your credit card's fraud alert system since you've never ordered outside the country. Your credit card company may call you to confirm the order.

The order should be delivered by your normal Postal service mailman.

17. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I suppose it may happen to some, but it never happened to me, perhaps because Amazon is a recognized merchant. I don't recall, but paypal might also be usable through Euro amazons

18. BigBadWolf

Alright, then. I've got it ordered. Of course, because I'm impatient I paid extra to have it here Friday:laugh:. Still was cheaper overall.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  19. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

You will be happy. For many years.

highway likes this.
  20. Richard--W

You have acted wisely. I've bought from amazon in Germany, France, the UK and Japan. It has proven to be reliable everywhere. Be sure to tell us what you think of the box-set.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  21. BigBadWolf

So, it's being shipped initially with DHL. Got a text earlier claiming it's from them with the correct tracking number, expected delivery day, and delivery options. Is this normal?

22. Richard--W

Yes. It's routine when you select standard / default shipping. Don't worry, it's on the way.

23. BigBadWolf

Thanks, I was more concerned about it being a fake message.

24. Sure, Amazon UK uses a couple of different delivery companies.

25. BigBadWolf

Yay, it arrived early!!! Checked through it, all the discs are there. I won't really have time to dig into it more until Saturday