Bob Dylan – Live 1962–1966: Rare Performances from the Copyright Collections [2018 2-CD release] *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joannenugent, Jun 2, 2018.

1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Are we witnessing the “Live at Budokan” effect in real-time?

2. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Could be a listing error on Amazon’s part. They may honour it, or pull the listing completely. We’ll have to wait and see.

3. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Just ordered from Bull Moose. $13.97. Only one per customer. Limited???

4. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Here in the UK, it appears to be listed as an MP3 download only so far on Amazon, of course it's not yet available...

5. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Looks like there are a spate of Dylan CDs of questionable origin on Amazon USA. They're available for streaming as well. Right now I'm listening to the "enhanced" 1961 Gleason tape - some idiot added reverb and fake stereo effects. I'm guessing the same company's version of Finjan Club won't be a sparkling new tape source. :)

DmitriKaramazov and DeeThomaz like this.
  6. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Yeah, but the US release doesn't have "The Boss of War" or "Mr Tumbling Man." I'm staying put with the Japan edition.

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The Boss of War rules !

8. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

9. ishkabibble

ishkabibble Forum Resident

According to the track listings, the final "Like A Rolling Stone" isn't on the US edition. Not sure how important that is since it's a 1966 version, but it is a difference.

LonesomeDayBlues likes this.
  10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

In answer to my own question, yes, they (CDJapan) charge in full when the order is placed, despite what they claim in their T&Cs*. In addition and feel free to correct me, I can see no way of cancelling and placing my order instead with the (now cheaper) offering from Amazon US.

*Another crowd who claim one thing and do the other is Sound of Vinyl. When challenged, in writing, they actually had the cheek to insist that they had done no wrong because a vinyl record is a "digital download".

11. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

29 tracks listed here in Australia (no LARS) and the CD Japan description also says 29 tracks but has not listed them...

Live 1962-1966: Rare Performances From The Copyright Collections

12. jumpinjulian

I was wondering about trying to cancel my order too. Pretty cheeky of them to charge for a pre order before it has shipped. I paid via PayPal.

13. stepeanut

PayPal is always immediate, no matter who you go with.

CDJapan’s customer service is excellent. Drop them an e-mail and explain your situation. They’ll sort it for you.

Personally, I’m holding fire for now. Something strikes me as not quite right about these Amazon listings, at bargain prices, with (possible) missing tracks. I’ve heard nothing about this album being released in the West, and there’s no way Amazon could turn a profit on a Japanese import at less than USD $14.

marcb and jumpinjulian like this.
  14. jumpinjulian

The Australian release for $19.95AU is a legit local release.
    However it is tying in with the tour as well. Not sure if the USA will be an import or local release though...

15. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Yes, it seems odd to end it with Visions of Johanna instead of Rolling Stone, as great as it is.

jumpinjulian likes this.
  16. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

It could just be an error, but if they had to leave one track off they picked the right one (it's already been issued 3 times)!

IronWaffle and LonesomeDayBlues like this.
  17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Not thrilled there is so much previously released material on Disc 2.

18. I have the big blue box. So I have no idea if need this. I preordered just in case. :agree:

Jack likes this.
  19. stepeanut

You’d need the three earlier copyright collections as well, plus the 1966 Live box.

Shvartze Shabbos and DeeThomaz like this.
  20. Are the three others still available? Do you happen to know the names of these releases?

21. stepeanut

As noted earlier in this thread:

Disc 1
    1-2: 50th Anniversary Collection 1962
    3-10: 50th Anniversary Collection 1963
    11-16: 50th Anniversary Collection 1964

You may still be able to find the 1963 and 1964 sets on eBay, at inflated prices. You’ve little to no chance of finding an original 1962 set.

22. Thank you. :tiphat:

stepeanut likes this.
  23. Were these all realeased on CD? I am only seeing vinyl for the 1962 collection.

Edit, I see it on Discogs.

24. stepeanut

The 1962 vinyl is a bootleg. The original is a 4CD-R set.

The 1963 and 1964 sets are both legit vinyl releases.

There are Wikipedia entries on all of these releases, should you require further information.

See also the Dylan discography website Searching for a Gem.

Good luck.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  25. Kevin Davis

Kevin Davis EQUIPMENT PROFILE INCOMPLETE

Wasn't the sound quality on a lot of that '64 copyright stuff pretty dodgy? Glad to see the price coming down, but I'm just not that excited about another set of '60's stuff...

majorlance likes this.