Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series, Vol. 10

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peerke, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedgin

swedgin Forum Resident

Now up to pre-order on Amazon uk.
    66.72 for the 4 disc set.

2. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

Also vinyl up on Amazon GBP 42.73. Placed a pre-order for both. Hope price will drop between now and release.......

jsb! likes this.
  3. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

And if you don't have to pay the VAT, it's £55.60, which is $84 US. :)

jsb! likes this.
  4. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Yep, the uk is surprisingly competitive this time!

amazon Canada's price has dropped too - $55 for vinyl, $89 for 4-disc.

5. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Pre-ordered from amazon.ca. Even if it doesn't get any lower, I think that's a decent price for 4 cds and two books. Plus ordering from Canada saves me postage and duty (which they pre-charge and then reimburse because I almost never pay duty on parcels).

I have never heard Self-Portrait, and only heard NS and NM a couple times, but I have all the other Bootleg sets so why not.

6. dee

dee Senior Member

Good to know. Cheers.

rednax likes this.
  7. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

The deluxe version spiked up to $107.10 CDN on amazon.ca. :/

Of course, it will likely drop again.

I really want the deluxe version, but I suspect the price will fall a little after the release.

8. John D.

John D. Senior Member

The vinyl version contains 35 tracks on 3 LPs (and 2 CDs) plus a 12" x 12" booklet that includes the liner notes written by Greil Marcus, the essay from Michael Simmons, and the photographs from John Cohen and Al Clayton, and pictures of the original tape boxes and cue sheets.

Just pre-ordered the vinyl from amazon, it includes 2 CD's too. :pineapple:

9. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I pre-ordered the deluxe set from Blow It Outa Here as I found that was the best price at the time. I'm used to most companies charging my card when it ships however they have a hold on my card now. It really doesn't matter, but will that charge fall off or will it go through? Has anyone done biz with them before? I ordered from them through Amazon in the past. Just wondering, thanks.

10. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Yes, but which 2 CDs? CDs 1-2? Or CDs 3-4?

11. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

It will fall off.

12. soundfanz

soundfanz Forum Resident

I'd like to know that too. Have ordered the vinyl myself, pity the Amazon listing lacks detailed info on the vinyl release.

13. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Not too concerned, I want the vinyl mostly. :agree:

14. dee

dee Senior Member

Looking forward to hear if ASP will be officially streamed online the week before release. What I like best of a few handfuls of songs, after JWH and before PW, are close to as much as I like any other classic Dylan, but am not a major fan of any of the NS through Dylan series of albums. Hoping this set will add to some of the individual song favorites I have from that time though.

15. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

It'll be the first 2 CDs.

hodgo likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Best album he ever done , bar none

dylan-1973-01.jpg

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  17. furrykittens

furrykittens Forum Resident

Is the deluxe edition going to be the only way to get the remastered version of Self Portrait? Or has there been any news on that being a stand alone release?

18. Sean Murdock

So far, the deluxe edition is the only way to get the remastered Self Portrait album, with no news of it being a stand-alone release. Personally, I would expect it to be quietly released as a remaster sometime in the next year ... but that's just my guess.

19. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Yeah I just ordered it too at that price total cost with postage is £44.22.

20. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Personally I have no interest in the remastered "Self Portrait" CD because I have it on pristine mid 70's vinyl, my only interest in the deluxe edition is the books & the IOW CD which due to lack of finances I'll not order immediately but rather at a later date.

21. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

22. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Well, maybe the best cover art. Self-Portrait is great for the cover, too. Say, maybe there's a pattern here?

23. Sean Murdock

None of the MyPlay responses seem definitive, and the very first one seems to indicate that the 2 CDs included with the vinyl will be CDs 1 and 2:

Hi Marty, the 2 CDs will also have the same 35 tracks plus some Isle of Wight live tracks. Thank you.

But what's with the "plus some Isle of Wight live tracks"? Is he referring to the ones already ON discs 1 and 2, or did they throw a few more on? (The former I'm sure, but it's worded badly...)

24. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Huh. I can't see that comment/response at all. Maybe it's a regional thing - since the price I see is in AUD, maybe it's all Australian for me & all American for you?

Here's what I can see:

Q: What are the two CDs? Is it the isle of Wight tracks?

MyPlay: Hi. The Isle of Wight tracks are included In the cd.

So. Not exactly definitive. I don't really trust MyPlay on this. Here's hoping they clarify soon. I remain 98% sure that the two CDs are the same music as the 3-vinyl.

25. Sean Murdock

Yes, you're seeing the Australian page, with the Australian comments and responses. You can easily see the ones I'm seeing by clicking on the U.S. store -- but for the sake of convenience, here are all the comments that MyPlay replied to:

Marty Corcoran: Are the 2 cds that come with the 3 lps just the same 35 tracks as on the lps, or are they the bonus material? (July 16 at 8:06pm)

MyPlay: Hi Marty, the 2 CDs will also have the same 35 tracks plus some Isle of Wight live tracks. Thank you. (July 16 at 10:05pm) [The part in italics makes no sense -- same 35 tracks PLUS some live tracks? Probably means INCLUDING some live tracks...]
    --------------------------
    Mike Johnson: Maybe I'm misunderstanding. If fans want vinyl and all every possible track included in the Bootleg Series Vol. 10, will they have to buy 3 LP version AND the deluxe 4 CD version? In other words, does the 4 CD version contain tracks not included in the 3 LP+2CD version? Please clarify. Thanks. (Wednesday at 9:06am)

MyPlay: Hi Mike, the 3 LP + 2 CD version and the deluxe 4 CD edition will both have the same tracks included in the Bootleg Series Vol. 10. Thank you. (Wednesday at 3:06pm) [This SEEMS to indicate that the 2 CDs in the vinyl will be discs 3 and 4....]
    Judy Demby: So, in order to get the entire Isle of Wight concert you have to buy the deluxe cd package. Correct (Thursday at 4:07pm)

MyPlay: Hi Judy, you are correct. The entire Isle of Wight concert is only available when you purchase the "Another Self Portrait (1969-1971): The Bootleg Series Vol. 10 (Deluxe 4 CD)" package. Thank you. (Thursday at 9:28pm) [.... and then THIS seems to contradict what he just said!]
    Neil Rigler: Sorry - I'm confused - does the 4CD version have a full version of the Isle of Wight tracks? Are there more live tracks on that version than on the vinyl version? (Thursday at 4:40pm)

MyPlay: Hi Neil, the entire Isle of Wight concert is only available when you purchase the "Another Self Portrait (1969-1971): The Bootleg Series Vol. 10 (Deluxe 4 CD)" package. Both packages have the same amount of tracks. The only difference is the 2 bonus CDs that only come with the deluxe 4 CD version. Thank you. (Thursday at 9:34pm) [I give up. He says both the deluxe and the vinyl have "the same amount of tracks" -- right after saying the IoW concert is ONLY available in the deluxe. But he DOES seem to confirm that the two "bonus" CDs ONLY come with the deluxe, and NOT with the vinyl. I think that's what ALL these MyPlay responders were trying to say all along...]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.