"Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits" [Audio Fidelity Gold CD] - Shipping Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drSeehas

drSeehas Forum Resident

2. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Amazon has this statement now posted:

3. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Could the problem be that amazon.com is sending them out in bubble mailers and they are crushed into oblivion when people receive them? I received for different packages yesterday from amazon.com and all were sent in bubble mailers and each item was smashed. I suspect the footprints on the envelopes might have something to do with it.

4. sgb

sgb Senior Member

My first bubble mailer with footprints on it arrived with nothing inside. Given that they probably had to replace more than mine it's a wonder if Amazon has made a profit on this title at all.

5. guitarget

guitarget Forum Resident

If there is footprints on them that's not really Amazon's fault, a little extra bubble wrap wont help that situation. I must be lucky because i have ordered many Cd's from Amazon since they started in the 90's and never had anything arrive damaged. I suspect that this is more about how your local post office handles their packages. Not that Amazon's packaging is perfect but it works for me.

6. sgb

sgb Senior Member

^^ Well I will never forget the time that the USPS refused my package when I answered their question, "Is there anything breakable inside?" with the response, "Only if you ride over it with one of your trucks."

I suspect that it is more about how the parcel is prepared for shipment, personally. I have no idea how many times I've ordered from Amazon since the Nineties, but I have had MANY arrive with smashed jewel cases, so consider yourself very lucky.

7. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

I'm thinking about ordering AF's Bob Dylan Greatest Hits Vol. 1 and the new AF's Eric Clapton "Behind the Sun" SACD from Amazon. I was concerned if Amazon sticks those, "gooey" UPC price sticker on the AF's gold cd and SACD on them? I hate those things! :realmad:

8. sgb

sgb Senior Member

They don't.

9. David P. Hill

Coo! Had any broken spindles in the jewel cases during amazon shipment? Thanks for the info!

10. sgb

sgb Senior Member

If that is your sole set of criteria, don't buy anything via mail order.

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Most of the time Amazon stuff ships fine, if not you can get a replacment easily enough, unless it's through a third party seller.

12. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I've never had a problem with AF discs from Amazon. I have with more than one other third party sellers, so they must be doing something right with packing. And as already mentioned, they'd probably replace right away if something did happen.

13. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That was an issue with a few Audio Fidelity discs I received from Amazon a few years ago, but I've been lucky lately in that regards. I'm sure it's just luck, as Amazon's packaging hasn't changed, and I doubt the jewel cases that Audio Fidelity is using these days are any better than the earlier ones.

14. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

The ones I've ordered from Amazon always come in a padded envelope. One was crushed, and actually damaged the O-card. They sent me a replacement.

15. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Mine shipped.....

Oh wait, two years ago!

16. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Damn, the mail is slow.

JeffMo likes this.
  17. Hellenback

Hellenback Forum Resident

The problem very well could have been people complaining about receiving a non-numbered disc when it is listed as a "Limited Numbered" edition.

18. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

FYE is the only company I've ever purchased anything from that sticks gooey stickers on paper CD cases.

19. David P. Hill

Acoustic Sounds does "gooey stickers too!" On cds and SACD's!

20. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

My local record store does it on their used CDs and it's most annying on non-jewel case sets like digipacks. Take my wife's hair dryer to it to lift the sticker off and then some goo gone to remove the sticky residue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.