"Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits" [Audio Fidelity Gold CD] - Shipping Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I might order it from another source. .

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I speculated in the other Dylan Audio Fidelity thread that this could be one reason for the delays. It was discussed that it wouldn't be economical to split production into two or more press runs, but it is still a possibility. Recall that with Innervisions, which was limited to 3,000 copies, we didn't hear about copies numbered above 2,000 for over a month after the title was released. Perhaps Audio Fidelity had 2,000 copies pressed initially and the other 1,000 pressed later.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I didn't want to do that, as I ordered it from amazon.com for just $19.99 shipped, but I just want to be sure that I get a copy. It is nearly double the price with shipping from Music Direct, but I should have a copy from them in a couple of days.

4. John D.

John D. Senior Member

That's why I said probably, for people just like you. :cheers:

5. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I can't specifically answer to whether this is true, but according to Audio Fidelity in an e-mail I received as a subscriber, the Dylan title was their first title to SELL-OUT prior to shipment:

I quote from the e-mail:

6. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I ordered from Amazon a little while ago.. we'll see if I am lucky enough to get a copy! :)

7. JulesDassin

JulesDassin Forum Resident In Memoriam

I just pre-ordered my copy from amazon for 19.99 plus shipping
    says will be release on 08-07...looking for another fine sound offering from Audio Fidelity.

8. guitarget

guitarget Forum Resident

keep your fingers crossed, i ordered mine at the end of June and the expected delivery date that they emailed me is Aug.10th - Aug. 14, and that date will be pushed back at least a few more times before they ship, been through this many times. They will keep emailing you a new expected delivery date every week or so until they finally receive some CD's. Usually they have far more pre-orders than the amount of CD's they actually receive.

FYI, my expected delivery date has changed 3 or 4 times since i ordered.

9. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I decided to order 2 more copies from Amazon for whenever it comes out. Since this looks like an instant sell-out, they will be quite desirable in a few years. :)

10. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Why would you say that publicly ? Don't be surprised if you get the hot end of the flamethrower now. :shake:

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

take this!

12. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

and the final result will be...

[​IMG]

;)

13. sgb

sgb Senior Member

LOL!

Now I know for a fact that two of my local friends don't bother with things like this, but one day they'll both be over here and saying something to the effect that they wished they'd have ordered one of these when I told them to way back in 2012. It'll be then, that I'll pull one out of a drawer and handing it to 'em, saying, "I told you so."

14. Myke

Just redeemed yourself. By erasing any possibility of eBay profiteering, you should be safe again. :cool:

15. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I had bad experiences with selling on ebay, MYKE, so I wouldn't think of doing that ever again.

16. Myke

Yeah, but the villagers with torches wouldn't know that.

17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

If anyone is interested, a few of the Audio Fidelity titles are back in print and available on their website, including Bad Company's Straight Shooter and Alice Cooper's Killer. I love those albums, so I thought I would point it out for other classic rock fans and/or Ebay profiteers.

18. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

This is the discussion thread for those of us that have received our copy. I'm bumping it to the head of the line as the other thread on this title has turned into a have it or don't have it yet.

19. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

I have a few copys of Innversions, why would I care if someone doesn't like that? :wave:

In fact I have a whole drawer full of CDs to sell down the road.

20. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Longer version of Positively 4th Street, yes or no?

21. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

Positively:

Long version

22. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Anybody who got a notification e-mail from the forum will have seen your response ;)

Thanks, good to know.

23. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

Where are the reviews of the sound quality?

24. Myke

In the other thread.

25. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

No, this is the thread for that:

Etc.

To touch on one comment above:

There was one microphone for the vocal/harmonica and one for guitar. Dylan was not singing/playing into three different mics. You can hear the bleed from the guitar into the vocal mic move from center to left as the track is panned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.