Bob Seger - Heavy Music: The Complete Cameo Recordings 1966-1967

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by smallworld, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

A bump for Bob

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  2. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Other than Live Bullet, which doesn't count, it's his best record, for sure.

3. d.douglas

d.douglas Forum Resident

yes, favorite *studio* album :)

4. arob71

arob71 Capitol JAX

I believe that only pertains to previously unreleased material.

fluffskul likes this.
  5. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Yes, please. Maybe they could finally release "Lookin' Back" as a bonus. One of his all time great singles, never on any album.
    My only complaint with this release is no "Ballad of the Yellow Beret" . But considering how long we've waited for a set like this, it's really a minor quibble.

6. ralphb

I've been relying on this:

[​IMG]

7. Trainspotting

Trainspotting Senior Member

Outstanding! The first five songs are all essential Seger.

8. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

It was on a different label, so hes off the hook.

Crimson Witch, Benno123 and ralphb like this.
  9. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

For completeness sake, I wish it included "Yellow Beret" ... but only sort of.

I'm amazed to see this finally getting reissued legitimately.

10. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Keeping this bumped!
    There have been many threads lamenting the fact we had not seen this material considered for release. Finally! Yes it’ll be a short album but great to have them sound good!

Crimson Witch likes this.
  11. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Bob's voice on these early recordings is so strong. He's always a great singer. But i love his voice in these early days.

12. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Update from the second disc.com - "Heavy Music: The Complete Cameo Recordings 1966-1967 has been produced by ABKCO’s Teri Landi. The set boasts new artwork and new liner notes by Jim Allen, plus original photographs and label art from the Cameo vaults. Robert Vosgien at Capitol Mastering has remastered all tracks in their original mono, and the vinyl edition was pressed in Detroit at Third Man Pressing.": East Side Sound: Bob Seger and The Last Heard's Rare Singles Collected By ABKCO

13. Probably, and that might be what it takes to get the rest of his OOP catalog back in print:righton:

Crimson Witch, oneslip17 and pudgym like this.
  14. I am fine with Yellow Beret being gone. I have it, i'm sure you do too - I can live without it on this new comp, or anywhere

15. Me too, but most of all his guitar playing

Crimson Witch and AlienRendel like this.
  16. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

oh, nice. Third Man will do it right.

17. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

He's his own worst critic. The album sounds good to me. It could also be a rights issue. Since the Palladium label went bust, who really owns it?

Crimson Witch and trumpet sounds like this.
  18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Correct.

19. BOZMAN

BOZMAN Forum Resident

Should I be concerned about the decision to have Third Man's Detroit plant manufacture this? I recall a fair amount of complaining about the pressing quality of Jack White's last LP on these boards.

20. baconbadge

baconbadge Chooglin’

Was 2+2=? later?

21. ralphb

Capitol.

22. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Wasn't Palladium a subsidiary of Reprise? Or was it just distributed by Reprise?

I think Palladium was a Punch Andrews vanity label under the Warner/Reprise banner. Whether or not that means Andrews/Seger own the recording or Warners is anyone's guess.

23. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

All are owned by Bob and Punch. Palladium was based in Birmingham Mi and was distributed by Warner/Reprise.

24. tenor1

tenor1 Forum Resident

Thanks so much for sharing this! This sounds great but I'll believe it when I have the CD in my hands - it's pre-ordered of course. I have all these on some albums that made brief appearances on Amazon (like The Best of Hideout Records) or in used vinyl stores once upon a time. I'm really kind of stunned, but happy, that he is allowing Very Few to see the light of day again. If he can release these singles, that's the first hope I have ever seen for the lost albums to get an official release. Seger fans who don't know this material are in for a treat!

25. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

That's the one 45 I don't have a copy of. It is pretty silly, though. Definitely for completists only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.