Bobby Darin fans please read

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Keane, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Keane

Sean Keane Pre-Mono record collector In Memoriam Thread Starter

Exemplar Music in San Diego released some Bobby Darin compact discs a while back and they're real good. Originally Capitol releases, they're 24 bit remastered by a man by the name of Dave McEowen. They are two-for-one discs. Exemplar provides fast and friendly service and it's run by a man by the name of Jim Rose. Two great albums by Darin have never been released on CD. The 'hippie' albums, Bobby Darin/Born Walden Robert Cassotto and Commitment, originally released on Bobby's own Direction label. Anyway, I was thinking that if everyone here who likes Darin would post a reply to this thread expressing positive interest in those wonderful records, I'll call Mr. Rose up and ask him to look at the thread. Who knows? Maybe it'll get him thinking to call Dodd Darin (Bobby's son) and get those tapes rolling!!! With Steve's remastering!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I don't know if I'm a giant Bobby Darin fan, but I'd sure be interested in a "hippie" album by Mr Darin. Bobby had a great voice, and I like "Dream Lover" from his teen idol period, and (of course), "Mack The Knife", and later on, his version of Tim Hardin's great song (though I prefer Tim's). He had a lot of different styles, and I'd like to see what he did in his anti-establishment gig - I'm a sucker for the early psychedelic period.

This line from the AllMusic.com review of "Bobby Darin Born Walden Robert Cassotto" appeals to me:
    So .. yes!

Regards,
    Geoff

3. Ragu

Ragu Forum Resident

Silly aside-about 15 years ago I bought some of Bobby's clothes from a local thrift store that the estate had donated to. On of the custom made shirts still had a dry cleaning bill in the pocket and the name on the bill was Cassotto, this was during his roots phase. I still have a shirt and pants that I can't fit in to anymore. I passed up the chance to buy a hair piece. True story.

4. Kym

Kym Former Resident

I've already emailed Mr. Rose about putting out Born Walden Robert Cassotto and Commitment (my favorite Darin album of all) as a two-fer after the Exemplar CDs first came out. He said he'll try!

On a related note, The Darin Invasion has just been reissued on DVD. I still have my laserdisc! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.