Boiling up old German Kraut - remastering Grobschnitt live on the web...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Eroc, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eroc

Eroc Active Member Thread Starter

Was "Waldeslied" released as a single??? I really can't remember...

I suppose you are talking of that double-album? It's worth a suggestion to the company. Will see what I can do.

- Eroc

2. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

Sweet news, indeed, Eroc! I feel confident that these will be the definitive versions of Grobschnitt on CD!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. Eroc

This time it has to be, Jeff, because it well may be the very last time ever in my life I'll put my hands and ears on these productions.

Later I will put MP-3 examples of "everything" on my website, including all vinyls and CD reissues and whatever, so that everyone can judge the differences without any problems.

So let's have it... :D

- Eroc

4. Jeff Carney

This should be very interesting. And a first? Don't think anyone has ever remastered something while asking for input from fans and the audiophile community along the way! :righton:

5. Eroc

Have you ever heard about the listening sessions done by Peter Gabriel for the UP album...?

- Eroc

6. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Great news, Eroc, both about the reissues and about your open remastering process. I'm looking forward to it, and I know you'll do a great job.

7. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Hi Eroc,

You have a superb idea about how to really do this one right. I also think you are sensible and have taught and learned much here. Thanks for letting us be a part of this good work!

8. TomM

TomM Forum Resident

Ballermann and Solar Music Live are two of my favorite albums. In fact, ever since I returned to vinyl, I have been searching for top quality original pressings of each on vinyl. Is there any chance of a remastered vinyl release at some point in the near future?

Good luck with this project.

9. Eroc

Thanks Tom - I have sent a message concerning vinyl to the company a few days ago (just because I'm very into the so called "Stoner Rock" scene these days where I'm working for CD AND vinyl issues for those bands), but haven't got any response on that so far.
    Maybe they even haven't thought in the wildest dreams about releasing remastered vinyls of Grobschnitt again...

But I'll keep that ball rollin'... :D

- Eroc

10. Eroc

Thanks Kent - words like these make it a lot easier for me. :) :) :)

- Eroc

11. Jeff Carney

Nope.

12. Eroc

Who else has...?

- Eroc :confused:

13. Jeff Carney

Actually, I think I remember hearing about it, but I think you are being way to humble, Eroc. This idea you have for the Grobschnitt remasters is a highly original idea!

14. Eroc

Thanks, Jeff - in the end I just do my job for you and all the others out there. So why not involve them and let them have a closer look behind the curtain?

Presently I'm discussing with my webmaster how to upload sound examples directly from here on my website. Hope to get it going somehow by end of this week. Then will put a post here with the exact URL and method.

:righton:

- Eroc

15. SilentCries

SilentCries New Member

According to the "Joker" single cover, "Waldeslied" was a B-Side.

[​IMG]

Yes, the double LP comp in 1978.

[​IMG]

Images from http://www.stephan-schelle.de/grobschnitt/

EDIT: Eroc, you are being a bit too humble :D

16. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I've never heard any single note from Grobschnitt.... so it's time to jump in!

17. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

get Ballerman first, a double LP with great songs like Sahara and Solar Music!!!

18. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Yes, I will... Ballerman / Rockpommel's Land are on my list :righton:

19. Eroc

Well, where's my head...???

Of course - I have a dozen of those singles standing here in my collection and didn't realize the B-side was "Waldeslied". Too much work around here these days, sorry.

Anyway, thanks for posting the pictures. And now the final winnig question: which one is Eroc on the compilation's cover? Eh...?

(Free gas cooker given away for the right answer)

:D :D :D :D :D

- Eroc

20. SilentCries

SilentCries New Member

Second on the left, next to Lupo. Why the short hair? (I wish I could grow my hair that fast...).

Will this will be the first time you placed your hands on post-1983 Grobschnitt material?

21. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

Great news about the remasters and a nice idea to let the fans be involved.
    It has been very hard to find Grobschnitt on CD for a loooooooong time now.
    Time to give Solar Music Live a spin!

22. Eroc

Right - you won!!! I cut my hair that short once in all those years because I had been rude to my girlfriend... :D

I remastered a live-radio-version of "Sonnentanz" from 1986 for my GS-Story before, but Lupo forced me to cancel the release. But this time he's out of the game, because now it's a clear right's decision of the companies.

- Eroc

23. Dok

Dok Senior Member

PHP:
    In the end you will do what you want though, right Eroc?
    Despite everyone's recommendations? :winkgrin:

24. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Ballerman was my first Grobschnitt album. And a double album to boot! Oddly, I can't stand the first 9 minutes of the album, but the remaining 65 minutes are superb. "Drummer's Dream," "Magic Train," and "Morning Song" are favorites.

25. rcdupre

rcdupre Flying is Trying is Dying

mine too, the reason I bought it 1st was because it was the longest, and "Sahara" (1st song) is probably my favorite Grobschnitt (aus English: Rough Cut) song of all time, the transition where it goes into the space jam is probably one of the best prog moments ever as far as I'm concerned..love the alt mix on "Story Vol. 6"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.