Bowers & Wilkins to release new speaker series?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Vern, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

I agree about your assessment regarding Magnolas set up. Not ideal. I listened to these as well four separate times in two of their stores plus once again when an indie hi fi shop got them in two weeks later.

I actually returned to one particular Magnolia sales person who really knew her stuff and took a lot of time with me auditioning them. I offered to buy them the spot- 5 speakers and asking for a discount and delivery and set up. They couldn’t do it. Just wanted to offer me financing, but I was paying outright so I didn’t need that. She even spoke to her manager. I was hoping for some sort of counter offer, even a gift card if they found dealnon the speaker iTunes. So I walked And they lost a 7k plus sale.

A few days later i walked into the indie and we made a deal on the spot. Saved almost 9% overall. They are being delivered and set up tomorrow

Really looking forward to the 702S2. Your comments were in line with my initial thoughts as well. And they will sound even better after 50 plus hours.

I’ll post pictures when I have them set up.

chacha, Kyhl and Eigenvector like this.
  2. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Delivered. 702s2 for main stereo. Plus Center and surrounds.

Now should I stay awake four days straight to burn them in ? :tiphat:

I’m actually thinking of letting the music from my hardrive run while I’m out.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Art K, DrZhivago, btf1980 and 7 others like this.
  3. 14 Cheerleader Coldfront

14 Cheerleader Coldfront Active Member

Congrats! Love the white...i have 805s in the same color. Gorgeous.

Listened quite a bit to the CM series and thought they were excellent. So I am sure these are great. Awesome buy.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Mazzy likes this.
  4. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident

Heroes at 40

[​IMG]

5. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Forum Resident

Very nice. Congrats mate. Didn't think the white could look so good. It perfectly gels into your decor.

Happy listening.

Regards

6. Mazzy

Mazzy Forum Resident