Bowling For Columbine - DVD Question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Aug 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Bowling For Columbine

Without turning this into a political thread, some people are reporting that their "Bowling For Columbine" DVDs are two-discs, and some are stating that theirs are two-sided. There's a little bit of confusion going on with this title. To those who bought it, is yours two discs or two-sided?

Mine's two-sided.

2. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Mine's 2-disc

3. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Weird!

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Mine has two discs. I prefer it that was so I lucked out!

5. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

2 disc also.

6. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Is it worth watching?

7. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Haven't watched it yet but it's a 2 disc.

8. Jymn

Jymn Formerly skysaxon

It's hilarious. The last bit with Charleton Heston is a bit much, though. Moore went over the top methinks with this stunt, when the rest of the movie was great without the Heston "hijack."

9. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Yes it is worth renting.

Moore makes a couple of good observations like why is America so violent at times compared to other cultures (we are very rich). And why does the Media push fear so much that the average guy/girl is a nervous nelly.

That part really resonates with me after hearing the Feds warn us silly this past year with yellow/orange /red colors and that we better all run out and duck-tape our houses. Ridiculous!

The good old days of trying to make everyone feel calm and safe are over. Fear sells apparently. I know in my line of work it keeps my job very secure. When people fear everything, they want more police etc...

Moore can be over-the-top at times but his essential point is good.

10. Ralpho

Ralpho Senior Member

2 Disc here...
    Better than 'Roger & Me' and definitely worth owning.

11. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I loved the buy a CD get a Gun segment.

"Maybe I shouldn't be waving a rifle around in a Bank".

...we will never see that promotion here on Long Island. In fact they don't even give out free toasters here anymore.

When you watch movies like this one, you really realize we American's are nuts! Lovable nuts I'm sure....unless one of them is waving a Gun in your face :D

12. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Depends on your political views. You'll either love what he's saying or hate what he's saying.

Michael is an interesting phenomenon. He's made a career out of being that normal, flannel wearing average guy. He's slow moving and speaks like he's about to fall asleep but he's obviously an intelligent guy with an interesting way to get his point across, whether you agree with him or not.

What was the name of his Fox series? Loved that episode where he went to Russia looking for the missile pointed at Flint, MI. Funny stuff.

13. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

TV Nation

14. Grant

I thought the Heston "hijack" was the best part and made Michael's point better than anything else in the documentary.

I don't thin k Moore went far enough!

15. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident

I think Michael Moore pushes fear more than the "government". I think they do a background check on those new bank customers. What happened in the Charleton Heston part?

16. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

He didn't have answers for Michael's questions and wound up walking out of his house.

17. Grant

Yeah! And, Heston said very little. But what little he did say and do at the end of the movie seemed to be very damaging to himself and the organization he once represented, IMO.

18. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Yup. It made him look very uninformed and stupid, IMHO of course. :)

19. Grant

Heston *appeared* very callous and uncaring, among a couple of other things to some. IMO, the non-interview with Dick Clark was almost as disturbing.

To sum it all up, this is a must-see movie for everyone to make up your own minds.

20. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I just watched it for the first time a few hours ago. There's some really disturbing things in this flick, not excluding those you mentioned. The video from inside Columbine High School during the shootings was awful. So was the montage of people getting shot unexpectedly. Horrible stuff. People can be so cruel to one another.

That's all I can say without violating forum rules too. :)

The flick does include a good advertisement for Canada though. :)

21. Grant

I think I want to move to Canada! :thumbsup:

22. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

John B, Gary Dave... got any room for Grant and me? :D

23. Grant

Yeah! You guys don't know how good you have it up there!

24. James RD

James RD Senior Member

Interesting movie. Moore is quite good at this sort of thing and he makes some very good points. But, please don't call it a documentary.

And I think it should be noted that Heston has been displaying signs of his illness for quite some time now. This "ambush" was unfair.

25. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Well, it's a non-fiction, 2 hour news story. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.