2016 Paul McCartney compilation album - "Pure McCartney" *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KaptKopter, Mar 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Lol!

Peace and love✌

2. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

It's still there on the Archive Collection version. I knew nothing about it until it was pointed out here a couple of years ago, now it bugs the hell out of me!

3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I didn't even there's a glitch on it. Where is it at?

4. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I'm not near my music at the moment to check the exact timing, but I searched the forum and found this-

5. I don't listen to the archive CD's, only the hires files, and there is no glitch on those.

Paul H likes this.
  6. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Well blow me down, I've just fired up the hi-res to check, whilst preparing my "you're wrong you know!" response, and you're right, no glitch there!

Looks like the hi-res will be my new regular "go to" version, thanks!

Billy Budapest likes this.
  7. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

Yes, I downloaded that (I'm not buying everything two or three times, thank you)
    this is true.

I guess I'm just old-fasioned about wanting to have it all on cd....

8. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

as does Paul now as "Temporary Secretary" has been in his set list the last 2 years!

Rickchick likes this.
  9. Wingsfan2012

no old fashioned, high res downloads or not there is a noticeable drop in audio quality (see compression) and unfortunately now a majority of music buyers don't care and will go the way of download as opposed to CD or vinyl!

Joost van Gijzen likes this.
  10. I always download the unlimited 24/96 files and the sound quality is vastly superior to the Archive CD's. The Archive CD's have had some limiting applied in addition to being 16/44.1. In all cases so far in the Archive series with just one exception, the downloads are the way to go. The only exception is Tug of War, where the bonus CD with the same mastering as the 80's black face CD pressing sounds better than the 24/96 download (which is the harsh sounding remix).

11. Just downsample and dither the 24/96 files to CD. Any burning program should do this for you.

Joost van Gijzen likes this.
  12. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

I never cared for the song "The Song We Were Singing" until Pure McCartney. Whenever I played Flaming Pie I skipped to The World Tonight

But I have still been playing Pure in the car and The Song We Were Singing has been one I've been repeating. It's funny how Macca songs sometimes don't click until days, months, or in my case and TSWWS, years. One of the only artists that does that to me.

13. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I had the exact same thing with that song; I never really liked it until one day when it just clicked recently whilst listening to the 'Pure' album.

14. SixOClockBoos

So the glitch on Magneto and Titanium Man is only on CD pressings? I have the song on iTunes and Spotify and I dont hear it

15. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Interesting bit on here where Paul forgets who blew off Lagos the night before leaving to record BOTR. At 16:06 in the video, Paul says, Jimmy and Denny rang up and didn't go...more like Henry and Denny....

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  16. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Fixed it for you, brother, from another motha :D:righton:

17. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

It still makes no sense to me. But I think I have by now surpressed my disagreements with the selections and just try to appreciate it for what there is on it. :wiggle:

supermd likes this.
  18. SixOClockBoos

It's funny how many of Paul's listeners have different approaches to his work. For me, I like The Song We Were Singing better than The World Tonight. TSWWS is one of the few Flaming Pie songs I bought on iTunes before I began listening to all of his work on Spotify.

19. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

Wow, me too! I always dismissed it because of the non-sung verses, but it made my day listening to it a few days ago. :wave:

20. paulmccartneyistheman

I'm in favor of making it the forum theme song

Johnny Reb and theMess like this.
  21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Thank God Arnie's away and can't chime in with his vote!

22. paulmccartneyistheman

Quick, everyone to the polls :evil:

:D

23. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Also, the UAC version (which was prepared from the hi-res files) does not have the glitch either! ;)
    [​IMG]

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

:cool:

Just figured I get everybody in the mood for Flowers.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  25. Wingsfan2012

I don't have a glitch on either of my 2 CD or the deluxe archive version of "Magneto" from "V&M"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.