"Better Call Saul" - pre season and Season One Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

Ratings:

1. Uno - February 8 - 6.88 million
    2. Mijo - February 9 - 3.42 million
    3. Nacho - February 16 - 3.23 million
    4. Hero - February 23 - 2.87 million

2. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Oh damn the ratings are dropping fast. Hopefully it turns around.
    Can you find us the ratings for the first 4 Breaking Bad episodes?

3. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Surely you can't read too much into that. The premiere episode had the benefit of a huge Walking Dead lead in, right? I'd say the 2.5-3.5 million range is probably where they expect it to be.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  4. Vinyl Addict

Yeah im thinking the same thing. Thats why i was looking for the rating for the BB

5. SMcFarlane

SMcFarlane Forum Resident

For comparison, I've glanced through the viewer stats available for BB on wikipedia and in the first 4 seasons I don't think they broke into the 2M viewer range, staying in the 1.1 - 1.6 range roughly.

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Lead in, schmlead in! Surely people aren't mindless automatons unable to switch channels to select what they want to watch and when? I never understood the so-called lead-in phenomenon as it never ever applied to my viewing choices.

guidedbyvoices and SMcFarlane like this.
  7. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

All Jimmy/Saul has to do for that to happen is get his car washed. If I was them I'd save that for a long time.

I have a TiVo to do that for me. Doesn't everyone?

mmars982 likes this.
  8. Vinyl Addict

Well, they still couldn't work that in for another 5 years or so. Walter didn't buy the car wash until the second to final season (I think), and at that point, he would have already known Walt for a few years. IF he shows up, he will show up before any car wash scenes I would think.

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Walt was working at that car wash when the show started.

EVOLVIST, heatherly and Vidiot like this.
  10. Vinyl Addict

Hahaha oh shlt son. Forgot all about his boss with the 2 caterpillars for eyebrows.

[​IMG]

Tex_Writer likes this.
  11. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

agreed.

I will say though Sunday night is easier to watch entertainment tv than Monday night. A lot of people likely DVR it and watch later. Then Im sure AMC also doesn't overly care about ratings since Walking Dead, BB, Mad Men all do well on netflix and dvd. so instant first run ratings are probably somewhat irrelevant to AMC as long as the buzz is there and ratings aren't microscopic

12. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Monday is a tough night and it comes on late too. I bet there's a lot of DVR'ing going on. I haven't looked, but can you buy episoded on Amazon or iTunes?

13. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Who sits and lets the TV flow from one program to another without changing the channel other than the elderly and shut-ins? I'm straining to remember the last time I watched a block of TV on a particular channel - it was probably back in the '90s!

With streaming, I know of AMC as a brand and I look at the shows they offer for streaming if I like some of them. I have zero idea what plays before and after Better Call Saul on the TV.

14. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

How long until Combo?

15. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard

Yep, we got a season pass on iTunes since we don't have cable/satellite. I think it was $25.99 to get all episodes.

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I've got the iTunes season pass as well. The only problem is that it doesn't show up until late Monday night, so I have to avoid all discussion until I can get home and watch it on Tuesday.

17. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm liking Better Call Saul so far. (SPOILERS). I really like how they portrayed his older brother's psychosis in the last episode, when he goes out into his neighborhood wearing the space blanket as "protection" in order to pick up the daily paper. I called the billboard scam as soon as the worker fell off the platform, however.

I guess I should do a search, but what's the policy on spoilers over here?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Deesky likes this.
  18. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, I loved that scene also and is a perfect example of the thought and the detail that goes into the writing. They could have made Chuck just a comical tin-foil hat type of character to get cheap laughs, but through that scene, they dramatically show what it's like for him to go into the real world. He may be delusional, but he is definitively suffering.

artfromtex, wavethatflag and mrstats like this.
  19. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

Not sure, but I think if it's aired it should be fair game, right? If I missed an episode, I'd know to keep clear of the thread until I'm caught up.

20. Vinyl Addict

This.

Whats the point of a thread if you cant talk about the subject, right?

Rufus McDufus and wavethatflag like this.
  21. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Well, the first thing you can do is use this:

Then you can type whatever the heck you want and no one has any excuse to get on you about it.

wavethatflag likes this.
  22. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Do we even need "spoilers" in this thread? With shows I was but haven't seen yet, I just don't open the thread until I've seen the show. I think the thread should be open after the broadcast on the west coast. Discussion becomes difficult when people start complaining about discussion of an episode after it has aired.

23. Tex_Writer

Tex_Writer Well-Known Member

consider renaming the thread "Better Call Saul - Spoiler Content !" to possibly keep a few people out of the thread who are brand-new to the internet. :pleased:

EVOLVIST and rburly like this.
  24. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I totally agree. However, if you're ever unsure about something you're posting in a thread on this forum being a spoiler or not, just use the Spoiler option - it takes 2 seconds.

25. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

If it is OK with the OP @Sean Murdock then I will add "SPOLIERS" to the thread title.

In the meantime, a question:
    Was Jimmy filming his own commercial as his news story was rejected by all of the TV stations?

'sall good, man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.