Rihanna's New Album 'Anti'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnnyQuest, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Can't say that I've been exactly hungering for news of Rihanna's next move but that's a nice cover and certainly several steps up from the raunchy-photo-of-artist sleeves with which the industry seems so besotted.

3. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Love this, I loved the art. I also like the title "Anti" it seems like it's gonna be a huge departure from "Unapologetic" which is great and it's gonna be something she's never done before
    Can't wait.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  4. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Nice design.
    No intention of buying physical media or pressing free download button.

Getting older, going arty now.

klockwerk and JohnnyQuest like this.
  5. alexpop

Think only her and Taylor Swift are the new pop divas that are cutting it right now. At least making good videos.

zebop, driverdrummer and JohnnyQuest like this.
  6. JohnnyQuest

Rihanna is finally working on a ALBUM instead of a collection of songs.

In the interview, Rihanna gives a small update on her eighth studio album, tentatively titled R8. Apparently the album is yet to be finished: "To me it's never done until it’s done."

Kanye West is one of the reasons behind the delay, as she's been wanting to get in the studio with him and he's been extremely busy. "We just have to wait to get back in the studio together," she said. "His schedule and mine are totally opposite right now, but I think this month we’ll be back in the studio."

She continued, "I have so many songs I love—and they're so different—that it's hard to actually put them all on the same album."

Seems like she's more focused on making a cohesive body of work and that's why it's taking this long.

Grant, SITKOL'76 and alexpop like this.
  7. JohnnyQuest

The wait for Rihanna’s new album will soon be over. The “BBHMM” singer is releasing her long-awaited eighth album, ANTI, next month. According to HITS Daily Double, the project will drop on Nov. 6th. This will be Rih’s first album to be released on her label, Westbury Road, through Roc Nation.

For months it was thought that her project would be titled R8, but last week the Bajan beauty shocked the Navy when she unexpectedly unveiled the album art at a L.A art gallery and announced the album’s real title. The album cover, which was designed in collaboration with artist Roy Nachum, shows a young Rihanna on her first day of day care with a crown covering her eyes. The front and back cover also feature a poem in braille written by Chloe Mitchell.

http://allhiphop.com/2015/10/14/rihanna-anti-album-release-date/

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  8. alexpop

Cover art revealed " Not naked as nature intended?

9. JohnnyQuest

10. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Anyone saw her tweet?

11. JohnnyQuest

The last tweet I saw was a promotion for her new Puma line.

alexpop likes this.
  12. alexpop

How cool. I wear Puma trainers. :)

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuest

Check out the kicks!
    [​IMG]

SITKOL'76 and alexpop like this.
  14. alexpop

Very today chic / yesterday Vivian Westwood ~Ripped &Torn.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuest

I've seen girls around with those on. I'm not sure if they're out yet but I know that she's a fashionista/trendsetter, so I'm sure it will be a success. :thumbsup:
    It looks like she's trying to bring back the 90's Hip-Hop style. (Tight shirt,baggy pants and gum bottomed kicks)

alexpop likes this.
  16. alexpop

It'll flatter a lotta heavy set females.

klockwerk, Fullbug and JohnnyQuest like this.
  17. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Nice to see that album artwork still gets treated as artwork. Certainly not a bad thing.

18. JohnnyQuest

Artwork? You mean the little picture that pops up when the song plays on my ipod? ;)

19. FatherMcKenzie

FatherMcKenzie Forum Resident

Interesting. My son is working on the album (engineering). From what I understand there will be work done on the album through early to mid-December.

Grant and JohnnyQuest like this.
  20. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Is this true about her starting a weed line called MaRihanna? I saw something about in on Dish Nation a few days ago.

goodiesguy, Fullbug and JohnnyQuest like this.
  21. JohnnyQuest

True. It's a very silly investment but it's her money, she's free to blow it on whatever she wants. :shrug:
    She's trying her hardest to be "edgy" and it's starting to come off desperate and forced.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  22. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

On that show I saw, I believe they called her the female Seth Rogen. :D

23. JohnnyQuest

Rihanna will release her eighth studio album ANTI on Black Friday (November 27th), reports High Snobiety. The album will be available exclusively on TIDAL until December 4th, at which point it will be made available on all platforms.

ANTI marks Rihanna's first album since 2012's Unapologetic. She announced ANTI at a Los Angeles art gallery event six weeks ago. The album will presumably include singles “Bitch Better Have My Money," “American Oxygen,” and “FourFiveSeconds."

Rihanna and Samsung, with whom she recently inked a deal for $25 million, launched an interactive website called ANTIdiaRy that invites you to look for clues in an abandoned warehouse. Presumably it should be used in conjunction with this mysterious Instagram account that just popped up.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/rihanna...ew-album-anti-on-black-friday-news.18803.html

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  24. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Funny, to old school me, until there is a "real" release (CD or vinyl), I don't consider it "released"!

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  25. SITKOL'76

SITKOL'76 Forum Resident

Best news in a while, I'll start saving

JohnnyQuest likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.