Brian Eno 2CD reissues--Dec. 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by morgan1098, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leigh

Leigh https://orf.media

I have verified digitally that the first track of the reissued Nerve Net (Fractal Zoom) is indeed identical to the same track on my 92 CD (by subtracting waveforms). So I assume these are all truly reissues.

Dino likes this.
  2. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I was in HMV on the weekend, and the only one of these reissues they had in stock was Nerve Net.... which, of course, is the one I'm least interested in. :rolleyes:

3. Does anyone eles have the drop out at 14 seconds on "What Actually Happened?" on Nervenet?

I prefer MSL to Nervenet--it's a better album but can see why Eno canned it--it feels a bit too much like the Eno/Byrne collaborations.

pobbard likes this.
  4. No one else had issues with the track?

5. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Yes, everyone does. It's part of the song. It's always been there.

wayneklein likes this.
  6. Really? Mmmmm I don't remember it n the earlier edition (maybe I'm just forgot testing it since I hadn't played it in a while like a couple of years)

It never was a favorite back in the day. I really bought this for the full MSL.

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  7. Bruno Republic

Bruno Republic Forum Resident

No need for them; you can easily create hours more similar material from his iOS apps.

8. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Soundscapes had them all in last week.

If all else fails, you may have to order them from Amazon.

I feel guilty, though (but not really), 'cause I bought all four from the HMV at Dundas/Yonge at 2/$25 when they first came out. Why no one's bothered to restock I can't imagine - I seem to have grabbed the only copies they bothered with.

9. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I was just in the Yonge & Dundas HMV this weekend, and luckily they had all 4 of the reissues back in stock, still at the 2/$25 price.... so I picked up all four. :)

93curr likes this.
  10. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just noticed the edit myself.... what a load of crap! What were they thinking? Nothing more than poor quality control, if you ask me.
    I was hoping I'd be able to get rid of the old CD editions once I got the reissues, but now I'll have to hold onto both editions of The Drop just so I can have the complete version of "Iced World". :mad:

11. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Since they're otherwise identical, you could just put the old disc in the new case, and get rid of the new disc & old case?

12. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

But then the catalog numbers won't match! :eek:

13. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

Spoken like a true collector - splendidly nerdy! :wave:

93curr likes this.
  14. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Hey, that's a good idea.... I might just do that! :righton:

15. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

So, has anyone noticed any other discrepancies (such as the "Iced World" edit) on any of these new reissues?

16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

17. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Hey, I haven't seen much comment here (or anywhere else, for that matter) on the vinyl editions of these.

Does anyone have them/any of them? Thoughts? Thanks!

18. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I bought Nerve Net. Quiet pressing, sounds great, though I did not compare it to the original CD.

19. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

Thanks! I just noticed my local store has at least one or two of them in, at quite reasonable prices. I have all four cds now, so was just wondering whether there's any point. The Drop has a couple of extra tracks on the vinyl, of course...

20. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

If any Toronto-area forum members are still looking for these reissues, the Yonge & Dundas HMV has marked them all down to "2 for $20". :)

21. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Does anyone have the release of The Drop? There is a curious comment in a review on Amazon that says the final track has been reduced from around 32min to 19min on this new release. True/False?

I'm sitting here playing Neroli for the first time. Will play the extra CD afterwards. Initial thoughts - it's Eno.

22. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

True. I don't have the original, but on the reissue the final track of The Drop is certainly 'only' around 18 minutes. The vinyl reissue actually notes this, calling it the 'vinyl edit' on both the front sticker and the track listing on the back cover, but it's not mentioned on the cd anywhere.

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

True.

24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Well ain't that a crock. I assume they edited it to fit Vinyl, and then simply used the same sound files for the CD's. Horrible decision. I actually own the original CD, so I have the track - but losing almost half a track, and more than ten minutes of music, is such a horrible waste. Lucky they added the bonus disc, otherwise the new CD release is virtually worthless.

25. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

It is very annoying that "Iced World" has been chopped back, but to be honest the track is a bit dull, and perhaps 19 minutes is bit more palatable. ;)
    But, really, I agree - there's plenty of room, there's no reason to edit the track, and it just looks like the vinyl edit has been used by mistake. Which is sloppy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.