Brian Eno 2CD reissues--Dec. 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by morgan1098, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Florian

Max Florian Forum Resident

got it. then there's another Ferry/Eno co-write, 'Wildcat Days', also from Mamouna (1994).

2. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

Small update on this.

I dragged out my old vinyl copy of Music for Films, Volume 2 (from the Working Backwards box set) and can confirm that there are only two tracks from it that haven't subsequently appeared on CD):

Seven of the thirteen tracks from the original album were reissued on More Music for Films, and the extended versions of 'Always Returning I' and 'Signals' appeared on the Instrumental box.

Of the remaining four tracks, 'The Secret Place' and 'Under Stars' are identical to the versions released on Apollo. The listed 3.00 runtime for 'The Secret Place' is completely wrong. It actually runs thirty seconds longer.

So only the edited versions of 'Matta' and 'An Ending' are unique to this release. I believe 'An Ending' is a little longer than its listed runtime of 3.45, but it's nevertheless different than the album edit.

quicksrt and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  3. Summer of Malcontent

The more I look, the more I see, plus other people have been drawing my attention to various bits and pieces (thanks!):

Despite already having an official bonus disc, there are a few more extras to add to The Drop:

Long versions of 'Swanky' and 'Blissed' released on the All Saints compilation Glitters Is Gold. 'Swanky' is twice the length of the album version, so it's a fairly significant difference.
    'Sensual Zero Gravity' from the art book / CD We Love You - a version of 'Coasters' performed with artist Marc Quinn.

There are also a few more tracks for that hypothetical Drawn from Life bonus disc, collaborations between Eno and Schwalm's band / pseudonym Slop Shop:
    Miscellanea (Epitome) - credited to Brian Eno / Slop Shop and included on the compilation Inside 02
    So Nah - from Slop Shop's album Makrodelia 2.0, credited to Slop Shop, featuring Brian Eno
    and while you're at it, you might as well add Eno's remix of Slop Shop's 'Stay. . . and Come' (from the 'Blue Angel' 12") to the bonus tracks.

There's also:
    - one lonely bonus track for The Shutov Assembly: a remix of 'Ikebukuro' called 'Ikebukuro / Madrid / 4' that Eno contributed to a CD released with the MIT journal Terra Nova (no idea what this is like, but it's out there somewhere).
    - a version of 'Gottes Lachen' credited to Eno in the 2003 Andre Heller box set Ruf und Echo, a celebration of the Austrian songwriter's career. I don't know if this is a straight cover, a remix, or what.

4. tcj

tcj Senior Member

I hope to see a reissue of Another Day On Earth with the Japanese bonus track "Demon of the Mines" included. Really bugs me that this lovely track is only available ot me on YouTube.

5. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Hmm - 6 months later --- anyone still on this thing (this thread)?

I find what this thread evolved into fascinating - Hypothetical Eno Sets / "Bonus" Material (for official releases...

- So much so I am considering starting a new thread dedicated specifically to it...
    WHAT U GUYS THINK? new thread - YES / NO (?)

Good stuff covered hear- Some stuff still not mentioned (missed) - Like ...

1995 - Emergency Broadcast Network ( 'EBN' )
    – Telecommunication Breakdown
    Track 19 - Homicidal Schizophrenic (A Lad Insane)

with:
    Keyboards [Solo] – Brian Eno
    Remix – Brian Eno, Markus Dravs
    Written-By [Sample] – David Bowie

The track might be slightly too harsh for a MSL bonus - but given the varity of Nerve Net such would sorta fit - sure dates are skewed a couple years - but don't think it actually fits with anything after Nerve Net...

Even so MMF III 2005 edition grabbed 2/3 bonus tracks skewed by even a greater span of years...

Reply for more info bout all Hyp-sets..
    Such as i have excellent MMF III alternate(s) full length CD track listing (some tracks mentioned / but the comp i refer to is so sweet!)

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  6. Summer of Malcontent

Well, I'm still filling in a few blanks.

I've now got both of these. The 'Ikebukuro' remix is interesting but inessential, but 'Gottes Lachen' is excellent. It's an Andre Heller spoken word bit with a very lively (i.e. song-like, not ambient) Eno accompaniment, almost like a latter-day revisiting of Bush of Ghosts territory. It fits in very nicely on my Another Day on Earth / 00s Vocals playlist.

7. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

More Candidates for Bonus Material

Of the 6 music tracks that make up the soundtrack for:
    'Mistaken Memories of Mediaeval Manhattan'
    one of the tracks (the 5th one) of a duration about 11 minutes, seems to be exclusive to the video - it has the feel (and sonic qualities) of a dark Thursday Afternoon.

Mentioned earlier, but not noted, is how the track CAM also has the feel (and sonic qualities) of a dark Thursday Afternoon.

The actual soundtrack to the video Thursday Afternoon is slightly too long to fit on one CD - But the Thursday Afternoon video soundtrack is actually in two parts - Part 1 is about 36 minutes / Part 2 is about 45 minutes. If split onto 2 CDs, CAM and the track from 'Mistaken Memories ...' fill out each CD very nicely !

Although I read this entire thread, off the top of my head I can not be 100% sure what was already mentioned - so forgive any repeats...

1974 - Lady June : Lady June's Linguistic Leprosy
    Album of voice over readings by Lady June - however some tracks are instrumental (I also think Eno might have done more than is in the credits)...
    Lady June - Lady June's Linguistic Leprosy

Robert Wyatt ...

1972 - Matching Mole : Little Red Record
    Matching Mole - Matching Mole's Little Red Record

1975 - Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard
    Robert Wyatt - Ruth Is Stranger Than Richard
    some interesting work here / where some could be lifted for Eno collection(s).

Phil Manzanera ...

1975 - Quiet Sun : Mainstream
    Brian contributes treatments

The Manzanera Collection. (2-CD)
    When released, it contained some eclusive tracks (with Eno) from 70's - not sure anymore / tracks might have been released on expanded editions of some other albums (I would need to look at it again)

1974 - Nico : The End
    Not truely worth consideration - (IIRC) music/singing is 'so-so' at best - but surely an extension of "June 1, 1974"

These albums contain some tracks with Brian contributions:

1981 - David Byrne : The Catherine Wheel
    I know this was mentioned before, but I believe not all tracks with Brian Eno performances were listed...
    David Byrne - The Complete Score From The Broadway Production Of "The Catherine Wheel"

Harold Budd
    1987 - The White Arcades

Michael Brook ...
    1987 - Sleeps With The Fishes (Pieter Nooten / Michael Brook)
    1992 - Cobalt Blue

1996 - Russell Mills : Undark
    First track is a rework on top of the "Select A Bonk" rythym (serves as alternate to version found on Curiousities vol. I album)

Daniel Lanois ...

1998 - Sling Blade
    Various - Sling Blade (Music From The Miramax Motion Picture)

Acadie - Goldtop Edition
    Daniel Lanois - Acadie - Goldtop Edition

Robert Wyatt ...

1997 - Shleep
    Brian arranged the track "Heaps of Sheeps", on which he also sings and plays synth. He plays synth on two other tracks as well.

1999 - EPs
    The fourth of the 4 CD EPs has four remixes of songs from "Shleep", one of which includes Brian's playing, though he didn't do the remixes.

2003 - Cuckooland
    6 years after "Shleep", Robert Wyatt invited once again both Brian Eno and Phil Manzanera to guest on his latest masterpiece. Brian sung beautifully on the ballad "Forest" and he literally played the 'last note' on "Tom Hay's Fox". By the way, Robert joyfully tinkered with Eno's toys on "Trickle Down"!

2007 - Comicopera
    Includes contributions from Brian.

Phil Manzanera ...

2004 - 6PM
    Brian contributes "Enotonic treatments" on 'Broken Dreams', 'Waiting For The Sun to Shine' & 'Manzra'. The stand-out track is 'Wish You Well', an elegy for Ian MacDonald.

2005 - 50 Minutes Later
    Brian contributes to a few tracks including a long remix, "Enotonik Bible Black".

2008 - The Unknown Zone
    Digital-only track with Phil Manzanera, Brian, Robert Wyatt and Yaron Stavi. Originally a paid-for download from Mvine -- now free from Expression Records

2005 - Hector Zazou : Quadri + Chromies
    Somewhat harsh electronica. Noise like / simular to 'Music for Onmyo-Ji'

And this one was mentioned - Right?

1998 - Une Année aux Appendices Gonflés
    The French translation of Brian's Diary [the Book 'A Year - with Swollen Appendices'] includes a 6-track 30-minute CD containing previously unreleased pieces created during 1995.

Rocat and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  8. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

P.S. Tip of hat / Big THX to Summer of Malcontent

--- and OH YEAH . . .
    Phil Manzanera : 1982 - Primitive Guitars
    A compilation of instrumentals / Manzanera Guitar...
    Although Eno is not directly credited on this album liner notes by Manzanera indicated that the little snippets between the tracks indicate the time frame which tracks were created - There is at least one snippet of Eno sharing a demo some (A FAIRLY INTERESTING SNIPPET) - It does make me wonder if the track(s) adjacent to the snippet(s) have some "Enosification" / Regardless, excellent Album / borders on "Must Have"

Rocat likes this.
  9. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

2 more [Single Tracks]...

2011 - Shame Totem v.2.0 [Video Single]
    Good with 'Drums Between The Bells'
    Brian's music to concept video (aimed to shame big business). Downloadable from Vimeo:

Music can then be extracted from video if desired (with ur fav extractor) / Lossy - no lossless version availible.

AND...

2016 - Stochastic Processional (the DiEM25 Anthem)
    Pretty good with 'The Ship' / Esp. Japan version with "Away"
    Another Lossy track, it's MP3 unfortunately. The filename is "DiEM-SP-FINAL.mp3" and can be found at:
    https://diem25.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/DiEM-SP-FINAL.mp3
    - To download find "DiEM-SP-FINAL.mp3" on server index page at:
    Index of /wp-content/uploads/2016/02

10. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Warning: this post is epic (very long)
    and is only intended for Neroli-philes

Neroli :
    Thinking Music Part IV / 3

[ That's Neroli divided by three ]

The Neroli Track on the CD has a duration that's just under 58 minutes (57:57.293). However, the actual Neroli music only has a duration that is slightly over 19:18 - and it is merely repeated (looped 3 times) to create the 58 minute CD version. In other words, the 19+ minute Neroli music is looped 3 times to create the 58 minute long track on CD.

The source loop, the actual Neroli music, is 51071277 samples long (clocking in at 19:18.078).

I can only assume that it was created (and mastered in part) with analog systems, as each loop is not 100% identical to the next. There is around a -50db variation between each loop / -50db is essentially right next to silence - meaning the difference between the loops is nothing noticable. Interestingly enough there is a mastering glitch about half way through the third loop. The glitch shortens it's duration by 2 samples (Yes, a 2 sample mastering glitch - Oh my!).

The Neroli Loop and what it means...

Create an expanded version / for Neroli lovers, which does not include me, but many early on in this forum thread have expressed a great fondness for Neroli ...

- You can easily :

A) Create a "full length" version that fills an 80 minute CD...

1 --- COPY the middle of CD version (by grabbing the loop) from sample 51084000 to sample 102155277 - you can select from 51084000 to 102155277 - OR create a selection from sample 51084000 that is 51071277 samples long / COPY the selection

2 --- PASTE it at sample 102155277

3 --- SAVE (as "Neroli Long" or whatever)

Now you have a version of Neroli that has a duration of 1:17:15.372 (slightly over 1 hour, 17 minutes, 15 seconds). Fits perfectly on standard 80 minute CD.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

- OR ...

B) Create an even longer version for digital playback by doing either of the following...

1 --- COPY same portion described above in A) 1...

- Option for fixed duration:

2 --- PASTE the copied selection over and over and over and etc.. Be sure to paste at the end sample of previous paste (to line up the loop)

3 --- and SAVE (as "Neroli Extra Long" or whatever)

Notes:
    Of course, this 'extra long' version would be too long to burn to CD / the reason I stated this was "for digital playback" (good to store and play directly from computer). And it can't be too long or some players/editors can't handle it - around 2 1/2 hours should be safe - Meaning it would probably be safe to paste (insert) the loop 4 or 5 times. To be fair however, there are some audio players that can handle audio files which are much longer - so (if desired) you'll need to experiment for yourself.

- Option for unlimited duration:

2 --- PASTE copied selection in new file

3 --- and SAVE (as "Neroli Loop" or whatever)

- then play it in a player with loop option (play the loop as long as desired)

Note: I believe this method should not be MP3 - as I understand it, MP3 is not that good for looping (MP3 format has padding added).

The Neroli Loop and what it doesn't mean...

For the non-Neroli Fanatic - Create a version where Neroli music does not repeat ...

A) Create a "full length short" version (slightly over 19 minutes, 21 seconds) that preserves the CD version's FADE IN and FADE OUT - surrounding only one Neroli Loop...

1 --- DELETE / CUT from sample 50455301 to sample 152597853 - you can select from 50455301 to 152597853 - OR create a selection from sample 50455301 that is 102142552 samples long / DELETE the selection

2 --- SAVE (as "Neroli Short" or whatever)

Notes:
    The sample values I provide above delete the 2nd and 3rd loop (and takes into consideration the 2 missing samples from the 3rd loop). The selection also has a slight shift towards the beginning to preserve the FADE OUT.

This 'Neroli Short' version makes an excellent bonus track for The Shutov Assembly. When added to the end of Shutov it brings the total play time to 1hour 16minutes 48seconds - perfect for CD burning. If you do opt to add 'Neroli Short' to Shutov, for flow sake, I would move Ikebukuro to the 10th position (right before 'Neroli Short'). And a nice plus, 'Neroli Short' serves as an excellent segue between Shutov Assembly and Shutov Bonus Material (CD2 of expanded version).

And Finally...

Interestingly, there are not any "Neroli (Edit)" versions that present the entire loop - they all fall short. Another point of interest is that all "Neroli (Edit)" versions are indeed edits of the Neroli music - EXCEPT for one, found on the CD Textures. There the Neroli edit is an alternate mix titled "Constant Dreams" and is little over 4 minutes. Essentially it's the Neroli music with a very quiet drone background (almost sounds like a didgeridoo).

richard a likes this.
  11. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

If there was a vinyl version, it wouldn't need to be a double record - you'd only need one side to have it all. Pretty cool.

richard a likes this.
  12. richard a

richard a Forum Resident

What a brilliant post. I salute your excellent investigative work on this! Thank you!

13. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Fun Post / "Side ?"

@richard a
    BIG THX! Much appreciated - so much so I just had to hit your 'Shutov Puzzle' thread:
    Brian Eno - the shutov assembly - bonus tracks puzzle
    And will be hitting it again (soon-ish) - with more relavent info (rather than just mere opinion).

@BlueTrane
    HOLY CAP!!! You're right! - If there was a 12" vinyl version, the Neroli music would fit on one side. I can't believe with all my focus I missed that. Then you got me thinking [ for 'shoots and giggles' ] - If there was a double vinyl version of Neroli that presented the long CD version, (if done 'properly') Side A, Side B and Side C would all consist of the same track :D

Then I started wondering "What would go on Side D?" - It horrified me to imagine an EDITed version of 'New Space Music' - I absolutly love that track and hate the thought of it being edited. Then, after some time, I realized what would be perfect for Side D - a 23 minute long silent track called 'Silence' - Or even better: it could be called 'Silence (Extended Club Mix)'

SO...
    This is how I would master Neroli double vinyl:

Side A - Neroli: Thinking Music Part IV - 19:21
    Side B - Neroli: Thinking Music Part IV - 19:21

Side C - Neroli: Thinking Music Part IV - 19:21
    Side D - Silence (Extended Club Mix) - 23:04 *

* Original album edit of 'Silence' found on "Drums Between the Bells"

--- LOL!
    Alternatively the silent track on Side D could be called 'Silence (Extended Dance Mix)' - but i opted to give it a name with a subtle tip of the hat to the track from Brian's Civic Recovery Centre : "The Quiet Club"

But really - if such a double vinyl existed, at a good price, I would buy it! Serious - I mean a DOUBLE VINYL > 3 sides identical, one side of silence - I don't think that's ever been done - the sheer novelty of it would make it worth it (at a good price) ;)

Any who . . . Have fun,
    and again THX GUYS !

14. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

If one of the discs was damaged, had surface noise, was pressed off-center, etc., it wouldn't matter - you'd always have a good side to play without missing anything. :pineapple: You could even have some cool etching on the blank side.

Or in the alternative: one side of Neroli (complete), and New Space Music for the remaining three sides. Nothing would be cut at all. (I'd be considerably less happy with a bad pressing, tho'.)

15. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

The "My Squelchy Life" cover design was stolen from me. I created the design and sent it to the long-running Eno fan site sometime around 1998. Someone simply used my image for a bootleg - which then became the official artwork. The liner notes mention "Anonymous" as the original designer. It's me.

johnnyyen, Y-me and richard a like this.
  16. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

@davebush

DUDE - CONGRADS!!!

Why did you make the image - what was behind it's inception?

I did see the note about that / shortly after they posted the info.
    As my interest in that album gas always been peaked.

enoweb's mention in their eno discog:
    2015 - 'My Squelchy Life' (double vinyl release)
    "[...] The LP cover appears to have been, ahem, inspired by the cover of the bootleg version, which some miscreant ripped off from Dave Bush's image donated to EnoWeb's gallery long ago." (with link to your image)
    enoweb.co.uk
    - which I always access via the hyperreal web address.
    EnoWeb: The Latest Brian Eno News and Information

17. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

I'm a big Eno fan and created the image just for fun back when I started using Photoshop. Hard to believe it's been 20 years since then.

18. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

I took another look - They are different!!!! They are so similar, all this time, I thought they were the same image.

Your image:
    http://www.eno-web.co.uk/images/enoart.jpg

Official release...
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51YtFmEpdlL._AC_US240_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Opened cover
    to view Back (left) & Front (right):

https://img.discogs.com/rHWwnroJy9J...ogs-images/R-6911778-1480975469-2152.jpeg.jpg
    I think it's cool they carried your design around to the back side - etc.

Now I see what you mean by the album's credits ...

My Squelchy Life / In the Liner Notes:

Cover Re-boot: Leg Salad
    Original Cover Concept: Anonymous​

Still - I think it's really neat they spun off from your image! Esp. when you consider all them options they had - beyond alt images on other boots, there's the logical 'go to' of any number of stills from the unfinished vid that was being made for 'I Fall Up'
    Brian Eno on Twitter

Pic (still from vid):
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVDzQl9UYAAoUCc.jpg

I think this was what they were going to go with originally (right side):
    https://img.discogs.com/VQGfDGIkm15...ogs-images/R-6911778-1480975477-3512.jpeg.jpg
    that image even appears as one of those little pictures on the final release's front cover (bottom row: 2nd from left)

pobbard likes this.
  19. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

They took the design, not the actual image.

20. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

davebush / YUP ...

- I should have just typed out what I actually meant to say:
    They stuck so close to your design that I didn't even notice it was a different image.

ME (if I were you): I would email 'em and see if they could hook you up...

Maybe with 'Sisters' (if you do not have it) - that digital download album that they made available to those who got the 'Reflection' App early on. Although 'Sisters' is similar to 'Reflection' - In my book, it's much much better.

Brian Eno - Sisters

Or even better - IF POSSIBLE (I mean WOW!) - I'd see if they could make this available to you somehow:

Work In Progress: The Shutov Assembly & Juju Space Jazz

Tracks:
    1 - Ripples in Time
    2 - Her Enchanting Coldness
    3 - Planet Dawn
    4 - Juju Space Jazz

Brian Eno - Work In Progress: The Shutov Assembly & Juju Space Jazz

I only know the first 3 tracks from a so-so bootleg:
    'Shutov Demos & unreleased tracks'
    - And the 'Juju Space Jazz' track might be the demo version.

Getting them in good quality - WOW!
    But that's just me ( I can get greedy ;) )
    and I'm rather ballsy - I'd go for it, and give it a try.

Worst outcome > "never got a letter back"

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  21. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

Can't deny it would have been nice to see my name on an Eno release, but I'm pretty much the opposite of ballsy. I'll just sit back with a drink and listen to "Reflection" again - I swear I've listened to that 50 times in the past couple months.

22. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Mentioned earlier, My ALTernate MFFIII playlist:

Music for Films - The B-roll

Alternate Music for Films III
    More Eno-centric collection
    Possible MFFIII 'Bonus' CD

01 - Mist/Rhythm
    02 - Radiothesia III
    03 - Prophecy Theme
    04 - Late Evening In Jersey
    05 - Distant Hill
    06 - Stravinsky
    07 - Slower And Slower
    08 - Balthus Bemused by Color
    09 - The Demon Of The Mines
    10 - White Mustang II
    11 - Space Diary 1
    12 - Garden Recalled
    13 - Balance
    14 - Theme From The Swan
    15 - Shark 12
    16 - Shark 15
    17 - White Darkness
    18 - From The Beginning
    19 - River Journey

TRACK NOTES:
    --- some tracks need volume adjustments to fit properly...
    And DEFINITELY: open to rearranging.

Track 01: Mist/Rhythm
    Originally appeared on the 'Rarities' vinyl EP (1983) / Part of the LP Box set 'Working Backwards' - Later this track was presented on CD2 of the 'I: Instrumental' Box set. I have included this track in this collection simple because it seems to fit (esp. to open with) - And seems somewhat simular to the feel of the Lanois track 'Tension Block' & even the M. Brook Track 'Err' (only somewhat simular - but still, it works here).

Tracks 02, 05, 06:
    Radiothesia III, Distant Hill, Stravinsky
    These 3 tracks, that Brain reworked from the Glitterbug soundtrack, first appeared on the CD 'Future Perfect' (1995) - which presents works from various artists such as Harold Budd, Roger Eno, and others. Later the 3 tracks were presented on the 'Sonora Portraits' CD (1999).

Track 03: Prophecy Theme
    Appearently, the only track Brian contributed to the 'Dune' soundtrack (1984).

Track 04: Late Evening In Jersey
    From 'Curiosities I' (2003) - part of the 'Heat' (1995) movie soundtrack (but not on the released sountrack album).

Tracks 07, 15, 16:
    Slower And Slower, Shark 12, Shark 15
    All from the 2005 CD reissues of 'Music for Films III' - whereas the US version contained 'Shark 12', and the UK/Europe version had 'Shark 15' - both had 'Slower And Slower' by Roger Eno. The "Shark" music by Brian was used in an episode titled 'Hammerheads' of the BBC documentary series: 'The Natural World' - 'Hammerheads' also consisted of Brian's music that was developed and used in the album 'Another Day on Earth'

Track 08: Balthus Bemused by Color
    From the Harold Budd album 'The White Arcades' (1988) - A different version than the one found on 'Music for Films III'

Track 09: The Demon Of The Mines
    Bonus track on the Japanese version of 'Another Day on Earth' (2005). This track is from music used for the film 'The Jacket' (although this presentation is a different mix to what actually is in the movie).

Track 10: White Mustang II
    From the Daniel Lanois album 'Acadie' (1989) - different version than the one found on 'Music for Films III'

Tracks 11, 12:
    Space Diary 1, Garden Recalled
    From 'Spinner' (1995) - An album of Brian's 'Glitterbug' music reworked by Jah Wobble / although I can't identify 'Space Diary 1' in the 'Glitterbug' soundtrack (maybe it was supplied special for 'Spinner'). 'Garden Recalled' is longer than it is on the 'Glitterbug' sountrack. Both tracks are all Brian / no Jah.

Track 14: Theme From The Swan
    From Passengers 'Original Soundtracks 1' (1995). Personally, I like the dog barking.

Tracks 13, 17, 18:
    Balance, White Darkness, From The Beginning
    From 'Opera - Original Soundtrack' (1988), shared with Various Artists. 'Balance' is much like 'Quixote' and 'White Darkness' is much like 'Theme For "Opera"' - Brian's 'From The Beginning' seems to be unique to the 'Opera' soundtrack album / Not to be confused with the 1987 'Opera - Original Soundtrack' album.

Track 19: River Journey
    From 'Textures' (1989) promo album for the TV and Film companies. Clocking in at a little over 11 minutes 'River Journey' an extended version of 'Asian River'

23. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

@davebush - hay ....

just a side thing
    --- i actually played around with photoshop to make my avatar specifically for my membership here at this forum...

Inspired by the stevehoffman design for the default avatar (of the Reel-to-Reel reel) - I made mine to be something completely different - I wonder if anyone noticed - I made it the day I joined up.

24. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Note on:
    (1990) Brian Eno - Work In Progress: The Shutov Assembly & Juju Space Jazz
    [Discogs link in earlier post]

TRACKS...

"Her enchanting Coldness" would be a different title for 'Cavallino' (might be slightly different mix - probably not, but if so, it's not really detectable)

"Ripples in Time" is an extended version of
    'Innocenti' (over 12 minutes)

"Planet Dawn" unique track (very shutov-esque)

"Juju Space Jazz" ??? (might be release version or a demo version)

25. Y-me

Y-me Well-Known Member

Mea Culpa
    My mistake(s)
    A.K.A. "Oops"

"Planet Dawn" (from 'Work in Progress') is not unique / It is a different title for "Triennale"

Also, no biggy but in my Neroli post (above) I forgot to include Last Option : B) Create a longer short version - I guess this option was obvious - simply fade up and/or out at any place...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.