BRIAN ENO- New reissues double lps 45rpm August 4th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zwolo, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy Bird

Billy Bird Forum Resident

Asked Miles and he said that these are being done at Optimal, after the recent Winehouse/Who/Gaye/Oldfield batch were done at GZ.

Joti Cover likes this.
  2. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

So what? They were also recorded on tape. Not drinking the DSD Kool Aid, sorry.

audiotom likes this.
  3. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

You mean that batch were no good?

My friend uses Optimimal. His pressings have always seem good, but he also always uses poly inners.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  4. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

'If it means something to you kudus and respect'

what an odd thing to say. really you don't need to bother. :)

5. Billy Bird

Billy Bird Forum Resident

They were ok. Needed a clean. They went for printed inners that weren't too tight. Took two copies of 'What's Going On' to have a quiet set.

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No! Just polite etiquette.
    Which i should have said in the first place.

drasil likes this.
  7. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Sorry but I enjoyed that whole "Richard Who?" thing immensely. Just goes to show that this is an audio forum indeed. I guess certain people would even try to peel these things off. Like that cleaning woman that once cleaned a dirty bathtub Joseph Beuys displayed in a museum.

Art always inherently has the option to be misunderstood/ not recognised as such :righton:

DrewMeyer and mr.datsun like this.
  8. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

When you say originals, do you mean US or UK ?

9. Gerry Todd

Gerry Todd Forum Resident

US. I've never heard original UK vinyl Eno. The CD's sound great to me, so I never bothered seeking any out.

10. RocketUSA

RocketUSA Forum Resident

Check out the Analog Planet link I posted above. I know Fremer has equipment we can only dream about, but Baby's On Fire from an original Island pink rim LP sounds much better than the 2004/2009 DSD sourced CDs.

Gerry Todd likes this.
  11. Bryce

Bryce I drank what?

Are these AAA?

12. deadcoldfish

No the abbey road half speed process only uses digital files, so it can be high res digital, but it might be acceptable digital, but probably not.

uzn007 and Bryce like this.
  13. Eamon

Eamon Forum Resident

Exactly. I was very fortunate to find Tiger Mountain at my local second hand shop for £18 in EX condition. Warm jets is going for £35-45 for a VG+ copy.

14. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

You can find AAA german pressings in VG+ or EX conditions for 20 -25 euros.

Neonbeam likes this.
  15. Eamon

Eamon Forum Resident

Not in the North West of England

16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I've been traveling through the U.K. this last week and a half. I have not seen a single Eno record, outside of recent releases. I've also noticed that prices on Discogs are considerably higher than in the shops.

Hey, I'd love to buy a pink rim copy, but I'm not expecting to find one.

17. Neonbeam

Oh.... is the www down????

Cassius likes this.
  18. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

19. Eamon

Eamon Forum Resident

On discogs £40 quid for a VG+ version. Plus I have no way of determining condition until it arrives.

At least New I can always return or get a partial refund if it shows up less than mint.

20. I just checked out eBay and man ... prices for original LPs both UK and US are quite high in most listings.

I'm going to bite the bullet and get all four of the new 2LP releases even though I'm not keen on the 45 rpm aspect. A plus will be that these reissues are gatefolds and other than TTMBS, the originals are single sleeves (are far as the ones I have currently).

SoundstageDirect have them up for pre-order at $35.99 each. Take off 20% using the code 'LP20' and they come out to almost $29.00 each with free shipping over $49.99 for US customers.

21. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I don't understand criticism of the original pressings, the UK ones at least. I have Here Come The Warm Jets on Pink Island, Taking Tiger Mountain on mid 70s Polydor and Another Green World on the UK orange Island label and really like the sound of them all. Tinny doesn't come into it for me.

Ryan_Pretzel and Neonbeam like this.
  22. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

maybe its because they are not all good. I've had a poor pink-rim of Jets in the past.

Man at C&A likes this.
  23. deadcoldfish

24. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

What was wrong with them? I've only heard my own copy and have heard other 70s Island LPs that are bad. My Roxy Music 1st is far from great. Surface noise and dull sound. Very disappointing as it's immaculate looking. I must have got lucky with Warm Jets, I love that one. I know mid 70s vinyl is variable in quality.

25. Neonbeam

How can all Pink Rims be good? That's like saying all apples are good. I'm not a big fan of German Pink Rims for the first four Roxy albums, their corresponding UK editions are much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.