Bring Back Al Bundy!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Khorn, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

I wonder what an updated TV show with the character Al Bundy would be like? Of course Ed O'Neill would have to play the part. Maybe he could be a divorced playboy or something. Could be a great laugh. Lot's of possibilities.

2. pick-me-up

pick-me-up Straight shooter from S/FI

Al Bundy for president!

Dunno man … but I love everything he has done in Married with children.
    Just bought two first seasons, and english is not even my second best language *s*
    But I’ll get by … but maybe I am not understading every single word or meaning. (DVD:s are not texted or anything, and sound is only mono and picture is not that good, but it is most important that I can see it whenever I want to *LOL*

And beside all this, I had to go to the store I bought my DVD to update it for all regions. Very fast thing to do. They just took a disc and reprogrammed it.

I think now if you buy a new DVD, you can get home this disc and update when ever you want to.

3. easyge

easyge Senior Member

That would be great! It would be a trick to do it properly though. Ed O'Neill's character flourished not only with his excellent performance of Al Bundy, but with the great writing and the rest of the cast was unbeatable! Ed has been typecast because of his role as Al Bundy and I would assume that he would never "repeat" his Al character again. :(

Great idea Khorn, as a fellow Bundy "freak" I would love to see Ed relive Al again! :)

Evan

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Peg had much to do with Al's success! Just one happy dysfunctional family! I'm hoping they finish releasing the Season DVD's...slow going...the reunion special is killer!

5. pick-me-up

Seven son

Yeah, I hope so too Michael. But I wonder how many DVD:s it would take to get with everything they have done?

And what was that odd parts of the show with Seven? Who was he and where did he come from? *s*

6. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Seven was the child of some cousins of Peg (played by Bobcat Goldthwaite and ?) who abandoned the child at the Bundys. I think he was in four episodes and he mysteriously vanished.

7. AKA

AKA Senior Member

You know, I loved that show growing up, and sometimes I come across the reruns on FX, and it just doesn't hold up for me anymore. I'm not sure why.

8. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian Thread Starter

Like most longer running shows it started to fall near the end. Writing? cast disinterest and itchy feet? Repetition of plot lines? who knows, there could have been lots of problems.

The idea of the Bundy character as well as O'Neill's ability to carry it off are what counts. With good support and scripting it can thrive in many different settings. The idea of Al Bundy in different situations has endless hilarious possibilities.

O'Neill type cast, maybe. Given the opportunity to re-play the character and the prospect of the resulting $$$$$ isn't something to be taken lightly in this day and age. If he has the chance to grab the "brass ring" again I bet he would take a long hard look at it. You only get to go around once and in his case if it is as Al Bundy, why not?

9. pick-me-up

Hi Khorn!

Is it true that the people involved in Married … never got that much money for their excellent work? I think I saw that somewhere that they were not so happy about it financial.

That’s a pitty, because there must been mega bucks all in all!

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

They don't get residuals from reruns...according to Christina Applegate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.