British singer/songwriter Rumer begins work on her third album, "Into Colour"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm happy to see Rumer post this on her Facebook page!

2. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Wow - how soon is that after the second one?

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Groove Armada - Chicago

3. pghmusiclover

Well the second album was a covers album, and a great one at that!

But really, it's not too soon for new original material, since her debut "Seasons Of My Soul" came out in 2010.

Plus, she's a great artist, so the more she records, the happier I will be!

4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Good news. Her most recent album is still my album of the year so far.

5. pghmusiclover

Latest update from Rumer's Facebook page:

6. pghmusiclover

In a recent e-mail newsletter, Rumer indicates she hopes this will come out in early 2014.

In the meantime, she had some exciting news to share about music coming out from a shelved album recorded by her first band, La Honda:

'La Honda'
    A project you might be interested in, is the album release of my first band La Honda. When I was 19 I was in a band and we were actually really good although I was pretty shy and inexperienced back then. I left the band to move back to the south coast because my mum was terminally ill. But we were on the path to some sort of success when I did so. Anyway the recordings that would have been our first album were sitting on old tape in the studio and I decided to have them unearthed, mixed and mastered. They are really nice albeit a bit naive but I think that's what's nice about them. The photos are really cool too. I look so young!

So for about 6 months this project has been slowly coming together and it should be available for you should you be interested on Cd and Vinyl format. I actually think the album is really good, it's quite indie, little bit country and way more Carpenters - like than what I am doing now. Before the Carpenters, Karen and Richard had a band called Spectrum. I like the idea of you thinking of this band as my "Spectrum". We just got the test pressings back from the factory a few days ago so the next time you hear from me I will be able to show you the artwork, links to purchase it should you wish to do so.

Here is a free download to a La Honda track from the album. This song is called "I see stars"

[​IMG]

You can get the free download here:

http://www.lahondamusic.com/freedownload?eml=2013June21/626577/6120516

7. pghmusiclover

The album is available to order at the La Honda website. The vinyl looks set to ship around November 4, 2013, but in the meantime, the digital download is sent immediately:

http://www.lahondamusic.com/home

8. pghmusiclover

Also, just received this e-mail from Rumer's website:

Hi Everyone
    I can’t believe its already October. Thank you so much for your good wishes online and for your patience!:)

Into Colour: The songs….
    The writing process is going well and I am already in studio pre-production. Music is a healing art and making it is a mysterious process. I don’t really know how to do it exactly. Every songs journey is different, from the initial inspiration, to the first time you write some of the ideas down. I will go into a studio with a friend and make some initial recordings. Then I will probably listen to them in a car, on a bus or a train, and let a season go by. I don’t know how they appear but when they do, they leave a little trace of how they got here. Now when I listen to Seasons, it feels like it got here on a magic carpet! : )

La Honda’s album is released!
    So the La Honda album is finally out! As you may know, La Honda was my first band. I joined at the age of 18. It’s a bit of history, a really fun and magical time of my life with my friends Malcolm, Dave and George.

I like to collect and I thought maybe there are some you out there who like to collect too. Its naive and youthful post Brit-pop, but its marks a special time in my musical journey.

I love it, and I love the artwork. We have all put a lot of effort into making the project happen. I really hope you like it and enjoy it as much as we all do.

The album will be released and in record shops (including HMV and Fopp) on November 4th, but it is also available to pre-order on AMAZON and iTunes as well as direct fromlahondamusic.com

If you purchase the pre-order from the band's website, a digital download of the album will be sent to you as soon as you complete your transaction no matter what format you choose.

You can stream and preview the album here: http://lahondamusic.com/music

9. NICKO1977

NICKO1977 Well-Known Member

Posted on Rumer's Facebook page

Rumer ( Musician)
    As you know I am working on my new album ( it's going well and I'm hoping to complete it by the summer) Before its release we were talking about doing a few short USA tours...As we consider routes, I would love to know which towns and states you think I should come to?

pghmusiclover likes this.
  10. pghmusiclover

Rumor just posted the following on Facebook:

"Into Colour" Album release is tentatively set for the autumn 2014..

Exciting news!

11. pghmusiclover

12. Got the email as well. Apparently it took her nearly 2 years, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

13. NICKO1977

NICKO1977 Well-Known Member

pghmusiclover likes this.
  14. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

15. pghmusiclover

16. pghmusiclover

Short album trailer (the brief song samples sound terrific!):

Release date in early November for the UK, Ireland and Japan. Early 2015 for everywhere else.

[​IMG]

1. Intro (Return Of Blackbird)
    2. Dangerous
    3. Baby Come Back To Bed
    4. You Just Don't Know People
    5. Reach Out
    6. Play Your Guitar
    7. Sam
    8. Better Place
    9. Pizza And Pinball
    10. Butterfly
    11. I Am Blessed

Orders are available through her online store (via Warner UK):

http://rumer.warnerartists.net/eu/?eml=2014September22%2F1830219%2F6120516

17. pghmusiclover

18. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

Hmmm. That's true blue disco right there. Not sure I'm a fan of the song. The other clips from the album preview sound more promising but it's going to be hard to top Seasons of My Soul.

19. Grohlfan

Grohlfan Dan

20. pghmusiclover

21. pghmusiclover

New song, "Reach Out":

22. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Due out in the UK on November 10th. US sometime next year. Here's a video for "Reach Out":

Harry

23. pghmusiclover

24. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Sorry. Did a title search on "Rumer" and this thread didn't show. Really...

25. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Just listened to the new song 'Dangerous'. It's great, pure retro disco. Rumer reinvents herself as late 70's Abba!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.