Britney Spears- Yay, or Nay?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Per the request of TheSeventhStranger in the Madonna Yay, Or Nay thread, here's a Britney Spears one. :)

I really like her first three albums (especially the second and third ones- the first is more of a guilty pleasure) but they're pretty spotty after that so I voted "I like some of her stuff".

That said, I think the third album "Britney" is her strongest by far.

2. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

omg I was kidding. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Girlfriend is dreadful. She puts in 0 effort into her career. She can't dance, she's can barely sing, and she lip-syncs her entire show. Not to mention her nasty, rude, unprofessional attitude.

F-

3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I do have 5 of her albums, but in truth the Mr Prerogative comp is sufficient. Even that loses points for including Britney's brutal slaying of I Love Rock 'n' Roll.

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Nay, but she doesn't drive me crazy. She's easy on the eyes, which is nice, I suppose.

Mickey2, 2xUeL, sewerdog and 3 others like this.
  5. The7thStranger

ILRnR is hilarious. She's off-key the whole song. :p

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  6. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I have no idea what she's doing these days

7. zen

zen Senior Member

[​IMG]
    My trusty old poster from the man cave. Yay!! ;)

8. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Hit me Britney one more time

Clanceman likes this.
  9. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

She's still performing...Vegas?

Clanceman likes this.
  10. Bobby Morrow

Didn't she also have a crack at (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction?

Dear, covers really aren't your thing.

11. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Neither is "original" music.

sewerdog likes this.
  12. Bobby Morrow

True, but sometimes when they bury her in one of Max Martin's better melodies she can kinda get away with it.

13. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

Honestly, my whole take on what "fame" is changed when she got famous. She is #1 worst artist to sell millions of records. I have a hateful passion towards her like no artist ever in any medium-movies, music, media, art. I'm so glad she's not in the mags every single day like she used to be. I got tired of her and her media and fans just liking her because of her album covers.

WANNABE MADONNA- everything Spears did was already done 20 years earlier by Madonna. I hated her before her mental issues (which was the one human thing about her), I hated her fashion and influence on young women to sell your body as often as possible. (At least when Madonna did it, it was innovative, against the grain). I hated the "ooh I'm really a bad girl honestly" mentality that she brought to music.

She is my #1 worst-ever artist.

14. The7thStranger

Britney's best song: Everytime.

Everything else was purely at the hands of her incredible team of producers. Danja gave Britney some much needed personality. As good as Circus and Blackout are, that's not because Britney has ANYTHING to do with it-- including the lame, lazy delivery.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    mtvgeneration and MultiMan like this.
  15. WilliamWes

You know I learned that even Spears music can be good at times because it's not her who's writing it most of the time. It's really talented songwriters that I have no problem with-it's the thin vocals etc. Obviously I voted that she has made me crazy in how she beat out real talents who can actually sing.

My favorite writer for BS was Cathy Dennis (wrote Toxic) who is so underrated it's criminal at this point. If Dennis only used her songs for her own career, she'd be very famous today.

16. Aurora

Aurora Forum Resident

She has some nice tunes, but I don't like the fact that she doesn't sing them live.

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

She often doesn't sing live because she's dancing. Have you ever tried to sing (well) and dance at the same time?

Tim 2 and buzzzx like this.
  18. The7thStranger

Cathy is very underrated. But it's tragic who gets her songs sometimes-- Heidi Montag for starters. :sigh:

WilliamWes likes this.
  19. WilliamWes

I was very strong with statements here, I hope her fans don't get too upset-no prob with the fans though I wish other artists would take up your attention. Anyway, love music fans- hate this particular artist. It's been a passion of mine for years and when I saw this thread, I couldn't help myself. Sorry in advance.:cool:

eibran and mfp like this.
  20. The7thStranger

...she dances? Last time I saw her dance was 2004. She mostly sits down or walks around the stage in glittery pumps.

21. WilliamWes

Have we ever gotten almost a million dollars per show? For the amount of dough her fans fork over to see her, she could at least try.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  22. WilliamWes

You know I want to put together a Dennis album of her best stuff given away, but the artists who get these songs don't always gel with my tastes. Like this one! Anyway, I'm a Cathy Dennis completist-all the singles, LP's, CD's etc. She doesn't have much anyway to collect! Her third album "Am I the Kind of Girl?" is my favorite because she brings in the 1960's influences into a millennial context. Beautiful album-all her words and music mostly.

23. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

For me she was always very fake.
    Her smile, her voice etc.
    She was certainly attractive and could dance really well but that's where it ended for me.
    Just bubble gum pop and on her attempts at emotional depth she always fell flat IMHO.

24. The7thStranger

Pretty much. I think she had the attitude and style but none of the depth or artistic thirst. She's no Mandy Moore for example.

artsiistra and Price.pittsburgh like this.
  25. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

I can't believe folks are taking the time to contribute to this.

This is a joke thread just to see what fires emerge from it.

Yes- took the time! But it's my business to expose threads like this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.