Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

deany76, McCool71, dee and 3 others like this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

The theatre only has 975 seats.

3. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Can you imagine how hard it would be to get tickets for this

4. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Those will be great shows to see! :love:

Hmmm....
    "Born To Run" the album may eventually be developed into a musical...?

Here's an opening scene I just thought up:

"The screen door slams, the actress' dress waves
    She dances across the porch
    (A radio plays, in the background)"

...more brilliant ideas to come. Give me time...
    :winkgrin:

MicD95, Murph, ailgin and 7 others like this.
  5. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I see they didn't say 'with band'.
    The shows will be filmed, I assume. Dvd release? Always iffy, with Bruce involved.
    I think everyone is hoping for new material being tested out.
    I would also wager that his politics will be out in the open.

6. BeSteVenn

BeSteVenn FOMO Resident

Probably discovered he couldn't book the Record Plant for two months straight, so he got the next closest available space.

Big Train, ailgin, Fullbug and 3 others like this.
  7. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Hopefully all the shows will be filmed!
    But hopefully not too much new material...
    These shows should be incredible.

longdist01, Efus and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

this would be something to see.

9. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Hey, some people have recorded albums of new material in front of a live audience--Todd, Joe J come to mind. Maybe he's going that route. But if he's going solo, he better rest that voice. He's no young man.

10. Alcoholic

Alcoholic Forum Resident

It doesn't make financial sense to have more people on stage than in the audience.

DHamilton, Pizza, Pretty.Odd. and 9 others like this.
  11. Jimbino

Jimbino Goad Kicker, Music Lover

Efus and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

...cut to the end of Act IV...A pistol is drawn (the word Dream is written on the barrel)...a shot!...Rat falls...

:agree:

lightbulb and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  13. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Will be great to see on Bluray next year!

14. P(orF)

P(orF) Forum Resident

Grumpy old guy remembers when rock stars were more interested in making music than marketing the brand.

JNTEX, blueslover99, JackS and 7 others like this.
  15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Sweet! I would love to see this online somewhere.

lightbulb, azjvm05, Jimmy B. and 2 others like this.
  16. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Will the E Street Band be there, or is it just him only?

lightbulb likes this.
  17. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Mid-November please if this is happening. Am coming back to our old stomping grounds anyway for my better half's 60th bday celebrations, so have already coughed up stupid money for hotel, dinners w friends and Hamilton tickets: Bruce might as well get some of this while the pocketbook is open!

Seriously, yowza - those will be great shows for any and all lucky enough to attend. Would *love* to be there!

18. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I will do whatever is in my power to see this! Last summer I got to watch two dream shows at MetLife. I'd love to be able to catch an intimate Broadway show (or two) this fall! The advantages of living in NYC!!! ;)

19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

He has discussed a solo project for awhile so it will probably be just him although he could certainly rotate surprise guests.

MikaelaArsenault, lightbulb and Efus like this.
  20. Efus

Efus Senior Member

Well now look at this.

I thought after the release of the biography, and the cd release, he was going to do a solo tour, presumably structured on a Storytellers "audiobiography" of his career.

Like to avoid the Broadway ticket slugfest w/ something local, the "warm-up", but I'd go if the price wasn't crazy, in a heartbeat.

Anybody that's holding a ticket, that thinks they maybe offend by what Bruce might do, contact me, and I'll take that burden off yr hands.
    Tanks...

21. Efus

Efus Senior Member

U catch the 3rd one at Met Life?

Didn't go, but I knew when they added that 3rd one, a weekday at that, had a feeling they were going deep in the night, and they did.

ModernDayWarrior likes this.
  22. I'm sure these shows will be really fantastic (they certainly have the opportunity of being so). And they'll sell out in a second. I can only imagine what scalpers will charge for this (provided they are able to get them - who knows what kind of ticket selling thing he'll have - if any time there needed to be "paperless" tickets, this is it - not in arenas!)

I really hope he doesn't turn his book into a musical though. That's one of the most horrible ideas to this long-time fan of things he could or should do...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  23. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I was in the pit for night 2 and at the end Bruce yelled "We'll be back on Tuesday night!!" (or something to that effect). I didn't even know there'd be a third show, but as this was one of the best shows I'd ever seen (and Tuesday was my off day from work!), I just had to try for tickets. Taking the Path train + subway, I didn't walk in the door until after 2:AM (on the early morning of my 46th birthday, no less), but as exhausted as I was, I went straight to the computer and found a ticket on ebay in the pit for night 3! I made the payment and the guy overnighted it to me. The weather was even better for that third night and the show... well, I don't think I'll ever watch a better show! Up so close, the sound was perfect, and I got to witness so many songs that I never thought I'd get to see live - Incident On 57th Street, Kitty's Back, Blinded By The Light, Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street and Pretty Flamingo were the uber rare ones, but as for me there were others that through luck of the draw (or lack thereof till this point) I'd never seen live: Spirit In The Night, I'm Goin' Down, I'm On Fire, Secret Garden, It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City, Sandy, Summertime Blues, Candy's Room, Twist And Shout and Jungleland were all the first time I saw live. During the intro of Jungleland (and again, I have to stress just how amazing the sound was), I closed my eyes, took in the amazing moment and my good fortune to get that ticket and try to imprint it all in my brain, remembering every detail (sound quality, weather, smells) so that I'll never forget it. That night I got home after 3:AM, hot and dehydrated on the walk home from the subway (thank God for 24-hour Dunkin' Donuts with their life-giving XL iced teas!) and never more happy to be alive.

24. Efus

Efus Senior Member

He'll film them, I think he films every show he plays, how far back I don't know.

The theater is giving him this stage for 2 months free, so they can stay in business.

So there is no issue there.

MikaelaArsenault, dee and lightbulb like this.
  25. No one knows.
    Everyone is assuming it's solo as I did initially, some feel with that album that he put aside for Wrecking Ball to be finally released (still nothing but a rumor),
    and some are thinking a more stripped-down band, but there seems to be no way to tell at this point in time.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.