Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

The raison d'être for articles on this "news" website -- and the article you took that screenshot from does this -- is to recommend that readers use a certain "no fee" website to buy secondary market tickets. Online search shows this "news" website is located in same place as this ticket sale website that many of its articles recommend.

This is a website that reports "news" about how tough it is to buy tickets, then points you to a certain "no fee" website where you can buy secondary market tickets.

Oatsdad likes this.
  2. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Now that's creative! And deceptive too!

3. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

Just out of curiosity, how many of the shows you went to at those prices were in the first 10 rows?
    There are some out there who think the idea of just being in the building is worth $100 or more.
    I'm not one of them........

Jimmy B. likes this.
  4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

It didn't sink in when I posted on here yesterday, but this damn run til Feb. 3rd, through it, was obviously planned from the start....they reserved all that time and then only announced the first couple months, to throw fans into a frenzy, a panic, and then they make more money - ?!? - and then reverse course to the original planned dates, calling it "extended" thus implying something it wasn't in the works from day one....how else did they suddenly have ALL that time reserved with no problem at all?
    It was lying to the fans, deceiving, misleading...really shameful....all the dedicated fans making plans and those lucky enough to have the money to spend on incredibly expensive tickets....and those lucky to be able to travel (I can't travel for ****, I miss out on many shows...)
    It also seems a waste, for this length of time....I mean what happened to this ancient-by-now album that originally was going to come out and Wrecking Ball did instead? And then after High Hopes (I'm one of the minority that loves that album - sans "This Is Your Sword") - he then instead of releasing it last year did the River 2016 tour on the skimpiest box set (sans the great DVD set in there, which should have been a stand-alone release, but then how do you tour via that? A: you CAN'T). And THAT was originally "just a short two month tour" RIIIIIIGHT.....
    :confused:

A lot of people will defend him no matter what he does, because "he's BRUCE." That doesn't cut it, and doesn't mean anything anymore it seems. It's a poor excuse, it's no excuse actually.
    The prices are sick and go against everything he's preached for years and years which helped make him richer.

ExHead and budwhite like this.
  5. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

The secondary market prices will definitely come down, but should they indeed have already directed some tickets to secondary sites, Bruce's camp will already have made their money. Hundreds of tickets are selling -- not listed, selling!! -- in the $2000 range. They're essentially doubling their money!
    The secondary market prices will indeed come down, but Bruce's camp will already have made their money. Hundreds of top tickets have sold at three and four times face value. That's an insane profit when the face is already close to a grand.

Very savvy move!

6. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

I don't think the stubhub tickets come directly from Bruce's camp.

7. fourfeathers

fourfeathers Forum Resident

Definitely not all of those StubHub tickets, but I think it's naive to believe Bruce's people aren't holding back a few dozen seats per show to scalp themselves. This is how the industry works these days.

Rfreeman likes this.
  8. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Dumb idea posting something to a discussion forum if you don't want feedback.

9. Yawn. With big shows like this there is always a tentative hold for possible additional dates.

I've even heard Macca discuss this. Even he gets nervous that some multi shows somewhere may not sell out so frequently they announce only one or two but have everything tentatively set if they quickly sell out the initial shows. Then they add one or more.

All this greedy conspiracy crap is BS.

10. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Holding back additional dates is a good strategy to combat speculation in tix. But only if you hold back enough additional dates to come close to satisfying demand.

fourfeathers likes this.
  11. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

I just accepted a job at the Walter Kerr Theatre as an usher. I'll be starting work there on October 1. I'll be reporting back on all the shows AND will keep a count of how many blue haired ladies are in attendance.

12. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Yeah of course, Bruce isn't greedy. You'll believe what you want to believe. Average ticket is $400-$500. Yeah that's fair, isn't it?
    Conspiracy crap, yeah of course, the theater just happened to have all those dates open for booking him and being SOLD ON THE SAME DAY AS THE REST. It was deceiving his fans. He didn't just add one or two more shows, he added until Feb, 3rd.
    He's destroying his legacy.
    You can write "yawn" all you want, you seem like a blind defender of all things Bruce as many are, and also I feel I can "yawn" about people defending his BS that he's pulling!

13. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Oh and merchandise emails show up for anybody who actually tried to go to this THE DAY OF SALE.
    No, NO greed from Bruce Inc. :rolleyes:

14. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Yes it is a terrible thing that he is devoting another two months of his life to playing in an intimate setting where he works harder by being the whole show with no back up band and has to go outside of his performance comfort zone with book reading segments, instead of doing a stadium tour with ESB for 10x the money. If ever a person should be glad that I have exhausted my supply of tar and feathers it should be Bruce today (the anniversary of the last time I saw him do a damn fine 4 hour stadium show).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  15. dee

dee Senior Member

Redheads too?

warewolf95, joepepitone and Daryl M like this.
  16. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Two thoughts
    1) If a performer were greedy wouldn't they do two months of arena shows rather than theater gigs?
    2) We may have to re-think the "blue hair" concept of old ladies as many young women now literally have blue hair, and green, and orange, etc.:shh:

17. Obviously you don't understand about entertainment venues, theaters, schedules and contracts. It it normal to book a venue for a specific number of dates and then hold additional time but not initially book that time. You then have first refusal and can book those dates anytime unless someone else challenges you for the venue.

Broadway does this all the time because sometimes shows close and don't succeed.

So in this case the theater was on hold through February. Who knows maybe they are holding it beyond into March too ???

18. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Plus this theater offered itself rent free to Bruce for the chance to make concession money because they were unable to get another booking at this time, so it is not at all surprising that their unbooked period extended longer.

showtaper and Mazzy like this.
  19. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

That would be a Bruceical.

warewolf95 and Mazzy like this.
  20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

If I had $2000 to spend on a show, I'd buy a first class round trip ticket to San Antonio, get a five star hotel for the night, and spend the rest on a ticket to see Guns n' Roses and ZZ Top at the Alamo Dome.

21. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

If tix were $50, no travelling were required, and Axl agreed in writing to give me $200 if he didn't start within 15 minutes of the announced time, I would hit that too.

warewolf95 likes this.
  22. joepepitone

joepepitone Forum Resident

Oh yeah.

23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I haven't checked but I am sure you can buy a ticket to the show w/ZZ Top at the Alamodome for $50 or less. As for the "written guarantee from Axl", I take it you haven't seen the show or been following. Of the 100 or so shows played to date, I don't think they've started late yet. In fact, they have recently bumped up their start time from 8:00 to 7:30 in many venues because they've gradually increased the length of their show from 2 hours 30 minutes (at the start of the tour) to 3 hours 20 minutes. At one of the Japan shows, they actually started five minutes before the announced start time.

On some GnR forums fans have been complaining that they start so early the sun is still out, which lessens the impact. Who woulda thunk it?

superstar19 and Rfreeman like this.
  24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Some artists - Gaga, U2 - offer general admission floor tickets for $75ish, so you can get "front row" for that price.

I had 4th row for Blondie/Garbage this summer and 6th row Elvis Costello for prices in that range.

No, you're not gonna get reserved 1st 10 rows for $75ish for most "A"-level acts - I don't claim that.

But the notion that $75 won't even buy you a last row seat for some "third rate" band was preposterous - and then the guy who posted it tripled-down on his ridiculous claim! :help:

budwhite likes this.
  25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The 2016-17 GnR tour really should put to rest the idea of Axl as someone who won't come on until 3 hours after ticket time.

These shows have mostly - all? - been on-time. They started at 7:20 PM when I saw them in Hershey the other week! :eek:

Rfreeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.