Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Summoned to commiserate with Bowie in Philly in 1974, he took Greyhound.

How many years, exactly, is he supposed to live like that to satisfy some people?

2. brettster808

brettster808 Forum Resident

CCrider92, C6H12O6, Dr. Zoom and 2 others like this.
  3. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I was just watching that on you tube, thank you for posting it here.

I LOVE People Have The Power; very much; glad someone caught most of it on this.

brettster808 and C6H12O6 like this.
  4. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Here's another clip of Because The Night

Bruce sounds much better in this one (the vocals kind of faint in the other one)

5. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Oh, I bet he'll at least do stands in London and Los Angeles. Steven doesn't know anything for sure, but in an interview with Marc Maron, he speculated that Bruce would have to do a couple more cities.

6. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

This Broadway thing can't end fast enough for me

dee, bob chabot and Jimmy B. like this.
  7. Dr. Zoom

Dr. Zoom Forum Resident

Great stuff, thanks for posting.

Nice to see him on stage with a talented Patti.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  8. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

Damn...my brother-in-law had an extra ticket for me and said Bruce was rumored to show up. Damn....

9. Steve Litos

Steve Litos Senior Member

Treated myself to a weekend in NYC and an evening with Bruce.

Being that I've never seen a full Bruce show I decided to bite the bullet on the secondary market. Tickets are available for all shows for a price on StubHub etc.

Uh... yeah...lot of money but a great show.

dee, jumpinjulian, Bill and 2 others like this.
  10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Finally saw the show and enjoyed it. Won't claim it's the life-changing miracle it's often claimed to be, but it's an entertaining, emotionally satisfying performance.

Was very happy with my 2nd row seat!

[​IMG]

Steve Litos, forthlin, Murph and 7 others like this.
  11. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Anyone want to lay odds on when we're going to see that solo Bruce album? And if it's next, when the next band tour will be?
    My guess is he's been writing and the solo record goes back up on the shelf because some other bug has bit him. Not to hijack this thread...I was just thinking about how the success of this Broadway show has changed the trajectory of other possible projects.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  12. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

There's no evidence of him writing a song after 2011. There is a batch of recorded songs from the WB era that is the new solo album fans are waiting on. That album may have been delayed due the drastic political climate change in the US since it was recorded.

Keep in mind his aging mother has health issues and Bruce may be staying local, while working most evenings of the week.

Like Neil Young, Bruce seems to be keeping a relative low profile with his political opinions compared to the mid 2000's.

blastfurniss likes this.
  13. phillyal1

phillyal1 Forum Resident

Only a city where he can limo home at night :)

14. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

I have a friend at work who had the opportunity to visit NY (his home town) and took in the show. Not necessarily a real expressive guy about music (more a sports fanatic) he could not stop raving about how much he and his wife enjoyed the show. It made me think how nice it would be to be able to see that performance.

dee and OptimisticGoat like this.
  15. Syscrusher

Syscrusher Forum Resident

Every time he extends this broadway thing I roll my eyes. Give us the new solo record you’ve been talking about for 3 years and then go on the road and play that stuff solo.

16. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

I have said it before but I will say it again. Solo, unaccompanied Tom Joad Tour in Melbourne was the best show I have ever seen. Even though I did not love the set list. I can only imagine how good this is.

forthlin likes this.
  17. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

How do we know he hasn't been writing songs? But I get your point and I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get new music from him. I agree with you about his mother and his need/wish to be nearby. And the political situation is super-charged enough these days, why should Bruce add to it?
    Everyone knows where he stands anyway.

18. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I'd imagine he also has to schedule that BITUSA box sometime in the not too distant future.

Syscrusher likes this.
  19. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

If only to get some product to market. I'm guessing Christmas for some kind of project, with announcement by Labor Day.

20. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

For Christmas, I tend to think that we'll see a Blu Ray / Streaming release of the Broadway show which will likely include a short theatrical run via fandom -- unless the show is going to be extended again in NYC or he schedules SOB dates in London or elsewhere.

21. blastfurniss

blastfurniss Forum Resident

Whatever Springsteen does next it'll sure be met with a chorus of "It's not anywhere close to as good as the stuff from 1978."

OptimisticGoat and JoeRockhead like this.
  22. Mfj55

Mfj55 Forum Resident

I think we will see the Broadway show released as a soundtrack/ DVD. Don't think we will see the BITUSA box this year.

JoeF. likes this.
  23. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

But it might be true.

superstar19 and blastfurniss like this.
  24. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

No solid rumours, but 2019 being a 35th for BUSA box set and tours seems logical if the goal is simply making another 100-200 million. With fans viewing it as an ESB farewell or last time he does 3 hour shows it big venues.

I know I want non-ESB/broadway activity in late 2018 or all of 2019.

25. helter

helter Forum Resident

Okay dude .....how can you have a 2nd row seat to Springsteen on Broadway and not claim it’s a “life changing miracle”
    We’re talking 2nd row seat now! ....2nd row !
    For some people like me, it’s a miracle I was finally able to buy a ticket for any seat in the house after being shut out in numerous previous attempts to buy tickets.

Better rethink your good fortune son ...

Steve Litos likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.