Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

And a one off event is a different animal from a ~40 show run. At least we have it on good authority that it will not rain every night.

2. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Yes, hearing just one sub-par song from Springsteen's entire catalog, then his hastily exiting the stage after just 4 minutes to a disbelieving crowd that paid near $1,000 per ticket is a true embarrassment, complete sham, and extremely disappointing rip-off.

Thus sparking an immense riot by his hardcore fans, demanding an immediate refund.
    :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

Back to Reality ....
    Bruce Springsteen is the very last performer who would ever attempt that completely impossible scenario.
    :shake: :agree: :shake: :laugh:

3. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

I seriously doubt these will be released on Nugs. If it happens at all, it would be after the run is completed.

4. matt79rome89

matt79rome89 Forum Resident

Why latch on to the lowest or highest priced ticket to start an argument or make a point? It's a range. In reality there will be very few tickets for $850 or $75. $850 probably first few rows or VIP as someone else mentioned and $75 for limited standing room. It will be high, don't get me wrong, but assuming you'll have to pay $850 to get in the building is false.

Scooter59, JoeRockhead and lightbulb like this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

However, it will cost $850 to get OUT of the building ... ;)

Toomanydogs and majorlance like this.
  6. dee

dee Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea to me.

7. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

should be good.
    bound to be more scripted than a regular E Street Show, or even a solo show. I guess he will let certain parts of the book decide what's primarily played. Probably means a large number of songs that will be played every night.
    I won't be surprised if he goes off script at points during the night though. I'm sure certain stories and anecdotes will pop into his head on the night and lead to something that wasn't planned.

Curious to see if NUGS will be involved in this. I'm sure at least half of the audience on each night would buy a copy of the gig they just saw.
    Would be great to see a properly filmed blu ray too

lightbulb and dee like this.
  8. dee

dee Senior Member

Thanks for posting the link. After reading the limited info on the show,
    I don't know what to make of it, if he has written and 'designed' a 'static' show he is going to perform with the same songs and the same stories each night? Has the potential to be a great show, but if its basically 'the same show' over 40 or so different nights, then I guess there'll be 1 concert of material available from 40 performances? Not particularly excited about that myself, but sounds like he's trying to achieve something else than 'just' a solo concert, etc. So, at the end of the run, he will have played to close to 40,000 people.

9. BrutandCharisma

BrutandCharisma Forum Resident

Based on my last Springsteen concert, there's less political discussion in Hamilton.

budwhite and enro99 like this.
  10. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Maybe he'd do a Woody Guthrie cover...

PacificOceanBlue likes this.
  11. Jimmy B.

12. mlew

mlew Pub Rocker

Steve Van Zandt will not be involved since his Disciples of Soul will
    be touring Europe in Nov and Dec.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  13. Davido

Davido ...assign someone to butter your muffin?

Whatever format the shows evolve into, it'd be a lot more engaging at the Bowery Ballroom rather than a stuffy theatre in midtown. The more I think about this endeavor, the less sense it makes... unless Bruce just wants to add "Broadway" to his resume.

brownie61 and Jimmy B. like this.
  14. redsock

redsock Writer, reader, grouch.

I read ticket purchasers are limited to 2 tickets - not per show, but total! That will certainly give more people a shot.

My wife signed up and says I'm going if she gets tickets. As long as Bruce doesn't play any song after Tunnel Of Love, I'll be fine. (Though we saw him in 2013 in Toronto and it was fantastic.)

15. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

thank god. We will be spared VZ writing scenes from Bruce's past for his wife to act out like in the Rascals Broadway production.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  16. Jimmy B.

:laugh:

17. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Nominally, I'm kind of angry at these sort of things, like the Phish summer run, that basically are only convenient for people with lots of travel funds or who are already lucky enough to live near NYC. But I can't get that excited about a Bruce solo acoustic thing anyways...i'm sure the shows will be a unique experience, and I'd enjoy it, but I'm not as sad about missing this as I'd be if it was a full band thing in an intimate venue.

budwhite likes this.
  18. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I'm nowhere near Broadway but I'd go (assuming I could afford it) if I was. I'm not a big Bruce fan, but I saw him on some PBS Special where he reminded me of Gene Kelly (in a good way) so why not Broadway? It really is more special than playing some random theater the same size in Pittsburgh or someplace.

19. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

I absolutely agree with you , if I can get 2 shows during the same week I am flying out to see this. I think I have a better chance of getting seats if the price range is this wide.

20. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

For EVERY Bruce tour since 1999 there lots of expensive seats and only a handful of cheap seats.

Plus the general consesus seems to say that getting in for under $400 a ticket on the secondary market will be a challenge.

21. SoundAdvice

FAQ for the show recommends an audience 16+ and no one 5 or under allowed.

22. SoundAdvice

He could have made sure fans get tickets or cut out resale, but it would take a small amount of effort from Bruce/Landau.

Instead most of his fans can't afford to go and the only fans he sees up close and the rich/elite of NYC. Make of that what you will.

23. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Which would be starting with a $200 loss...

24. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Waiting on a Sunny Day is his second worse song after The Rising. Either way, he over plays these two songs in concert.

25. Jimmy B.

Yeah I hate that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.