Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Dear Bruce,

I wish I could be there.
    I'd settle for a single show, but the truth is, I want to be there the entire eight weeks and write the history of it later.

yours truly,

Richard

2. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Have not been real interested in going to any shows for quite a while now. This may change that.... if I can manage to get tickets and be able to afford them.

ggjjr, MikaelaArsenault and azjvm05 like this.
  3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Grumpy old guy here loves the thought of seeing Bruce in a small venue.

4. G L Tirebiter

G L Tirebiter Forum Resident

Of course , it ain't no sin.....

lightbulb and daveidmarx like this.
  5. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

He should perform the entire Nebraska album then.

Isamet and lightbulb like this.
  6. Richard--W

When was the last time he performed the entire Nebraska album?

Don't be surprised if he ventures into new territory.

MikaelaArsenault and andrewskyDE like this.
  7. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Perhaps this residency will be in support of a Nebraska box set...not that he has to play the album every night, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to be playing 40 shows over a couple of months in order to promote the box.

8. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

He never has...not from start to finish.

MikaelaArsenault, dee and andrewskyDE like this.
  9. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Very excited about this - surprised he has not done this before. How long will we
    have to wait for an official announcement from JLM?

10. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

Supposedly he is charging a fortune for these: from $179 to $650. I'm trying to find the link...

11. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

I'm sure it'll be easier to get tickets for Bruce than Hamilton.

ralphb likes this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

If true, it is no surprise.

13. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

The BOSS or Hamilton......?

those lines for Bruce are going to be :wtf:

14. dee

dee Senior Member

In context $179 is 'concert ticket chumpchange' to hear and see Bruce play in this kind of setting, really. I was fotunate to work at a 'professional' theatre where we sat about 300 people. You hardly even need mics still at that point. The first few rows weren't even the best seats. Not surprised average price is close to $500. Concerned about audience disruptions and interruptions at Bruce concerts in this kind of setting. I hope they can create a creative way to get tix to the hardcore fans at the $200 and the $600 pricepoints.

lightbulb likes this.
  15. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Important question: Will E Street Band be there? (as already asked above, and the first thing I thought of when I heard last night)

Semi-important question: Did they say what theater and, if so, does anyone know how the theater will work out?

Unimportant question: better or the same as a run in Vegas?

16. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

The only apprehension I have about these rumoured shows: with expensive ticket prices
    and alcohol these audiences are going to be very rowdy instead of respectful. The Allman
    shows at the Beacon were bad enough but at least the music drowned them out for the
    most part. If the Springsteen run is acoustic.....some clown will be screaming for `Born
    To Run' as soon as the man walks on-stage.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  17. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I just read a report from an Italian post on social media that this is fake news.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  18. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

I'd fly across the pond if this happens and I can get a ticket!

19. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

His house has a recording facility that he's used for over a decade on many things.

Some wonder if this is an intro for a musical built around his book.

20. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I'm worried about Bruce - he seems very skinny lately - that and his depression - I hope there isn't something he isn't telling us for his sake...

21. Afaninfull

Afaninfull Forum Resident

We know Springsteen is sitting on a solo album. The River box set took priority late last year and he is waiting on the right time. This sounds like it.

A run on Broadway will generate the right kind of publicity to generate interest leading up to the holiday season. I would expect songs from this album making up the framework of these shows.

Depending on the mood of this new album, that will dictate what other songs he builds around the new material. His solo work (and much of his band work) up to this point has been unmelodic, painfully repetitive and lacking in lyrical sophistication.
    Here's hoping he revisits songs with the flair and finesse of "Happy" or "Loose End" over "Pilgrim In The Temple Of Love" or "Working On A Dream."

The depression is an interesting point as to the quality of his writing. I find myself enjoying his writing about his songs much more thoughtful and composed than the songs themselves in recent years. Anyway, I really like Bruce and am hopeful he rediscovers his muse with this album. I agree there will be some idiot who shouts and interrupts the mood Bruce will try to create but Springsteen will likely make announcements prior to the start what his intent is and to please be respectful. Although I'm sure he will let loose his usual string of profanities and f-bombs as he makes it. Sigh.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  22. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

January 3rd, 1982 ?

23. Richard--W

Is that a fact? I don't know, but I'll take your word for it.

Fiercely creative people -- artists -- have their emotional highs and lows. It's not an easy road to take in life. One pays for the artistic life internally. I've always "got" where Bruce Springsteen is coming from. I understand why people want that Born to Run / Born in the USA energy and spirit all the time, but it's not humanly possible to sustain all the time, and it's not humanly people to remain in the same place all your life. Sometimes Springsteen has to explore other states of being in order to create. Sometimes he has to be his age. He's not a kid anymore. He's been harshly judged by the fans for not entertaining them when he was pulled in another creative direction and unable to do what they wanted. Personally, I like everything he's done, some of it more than others, but it's all good, it's all straight from the heart and authentic, and it's all Springsteen.

Whatever he attempts those eight weeks on Broadway is okay with me. I just wish I could be there to witness.

lightbulb and keyXVII like this.
  24. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

That's the day he recorded the demos (or most of them).

25. Richard--W

Okay I get it.

My point was that since he's never performed Nebraska live, solo in its entirety there's no reason to think he'll do so on Broadway, as someone here suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.