Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

Yup, that's a date associated to the recording of the album. It's hard to say if those recordings were all done on that one day (including songs that didn't make the album). One of the potential names for the album was January 3, 1982 though.

He'd never performed The River in full until 2009, and even then Bruce declared it would be a one-time only event ("it's too long to do it again"). Come 2016 he toured behind the box set re-release and played it every night for 3 months. So who knows.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Rent Free.

Why is it that the guys with the money get things for free :D

Question: does a Springsteen musical while he's still alive and performing make sense? I can understand why people are willing to throw money at the project, the potential is staggering. I won't go as far as calling it selling out, but something about it seems a little too eager.

3. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I will get tickets for this
    I will get tickets for this
    I will get tickets for this...

Fullbug and pghmusiclover like this.
  4. JAuz

JAuz Forum Resident

I think this was tried once already ("Drive All Night" was the name) 10 or 15 years ago but Bruce didn't give the OK in the end.

5. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

Reports are that he has been showing up at New Jersey shore resort,Wildwood("Oh,those Wildwood days...and then those party nights Wildwood nights"),walking the boardwalk(maybe a slice at Mack's ,crab fies at Chickie & Pete's-watch the tip jar-or some salt watter taffy)and attending a car show weeks later-jeans,white tee,baseball cap with no logo and just being the most normal looking guy. The closest I came to this is that I was reading the Vanity Fair Bruce article last Sept. on that very same boardwalk. As we say:"It happened down de shore."Sigh.

6. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Regarding Nebraska --

So you're suggesting that if he performed The River in its entirety thirty years after the album's release that he might do the same for Nebraska? Well, maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breadth.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  7. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Email regarding registering through Ticketmaster Verified Fan received 20 minutes ago.... obviously signed up but snowball's chance and flying pigs can't help but crowd my thoughts. Praying like heck though as I'll be in NYC in mid-November anyway!!

Announced show dates (as I don't think they've been posted):

October
    3-7, 10-11 & 13-14, 17-21, 24-28, 31

November
    1-4, 7-11, 14-18, 21-22 & 24-26

Oh, and most importantly:

What are ticket prices?
    Tickets range from $75 to $850.

Info at Springsteen on Broadway

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    lightbulb and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  8. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I'm in NY / LA that week - I bet tickets will be difficult- but if things fall in place I am in NY on one of the performance nights.....

9. ralphb

850 bucks for the good seats? Makes Hamilton seem like a bargain. Complete joke and all the registering and pre registering and novenas needed to perhaps maybe secure a seat once you go through a dozen checkpoints and verifications sounds a hell of a lot like work. Pass.

10. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Oh no,
    this is terrible news, he's really doing it.
    Oh well.
    $75 - they should all be no more than $75 and not higher....this is so messed up....Mike Appel, where are you when Bruce needs GOOD advice?!! :shake:

11. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Seems like the plan is to play music in an intimate setting on guitar and piano. Can't have that.

Tix start at $75 which is less than many artists of thst level charge for the cheapest seats in a stadium.

No ESB. Just Bruce solo.

This is not a musical it is a solo performance.

$75 for the cheap seats and the worst cheap seat here would be an amazing seat selling for hundreds of dollars in the arena or stadium shows of most artists of his stature.

Folks just love to complain. If he wanted to rake in the cash or take it easy this is the last thing he would be doing. This is for the fans.

12. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Macks Pizza - YES!!:righton:

13. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I've seen him solo acoustic 13 times. I have no interest in this. Had he brought the band though :wiggle:
    Is he going to read from the book btw? That sounds like a real snooze
    And the ticket prices? Come on Bruce :disgust:

MikaelaArsenault and Jimmy B. like this.
  14. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I *think* I'll be going to this.

MikaelaArsenault and dee like this.
  15. ConnieGuitar

I actually agree with you on most of your points - $850, however, is a ton even for a Broadway performance of any kind, nevermind a solo performance without all the production costs normally involved.

Will be amazed if the $75 seats aren't limited to Balcony row B (and probably sides at that) - first row balcony will most likely be in the $100s (or close to $200). Feel confident guessing that cheapest mezzanine seats will be in the high 100s-low 200s going up to $400+ for front mezz, and *anything* in the orchestra will be $400 up, with the $850s obviously being with the first 5 (10?) rows.

This will be a "fun" guessing game until the actual breakdown is announced: seating chart here if anyone else wants to play.... ouch. I will happily, gladly! eat my metaphorical hat if prices throughout are lower bar the front orchestra being outrageous.

MikaelaArsenault, ralphb and Jimmy B. like this.
  16. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Sure $850 is a ton. I will be glad to get any seat I can get for $200 or less even if it is in the back corner of the balcony.

Surprised they would even bother building a 2 row balcony.

17. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Call me crazy, but I see this ending up as a PBS pledge-drive program in 2018.

"And for that (and 850 other reasons) — I'm out!"

Jimmy B. and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  18. ConnieGuitar

For sure re the bold - I've no qualms being in at that price range if available and TM allows.

Oh and ditto re the 2-row balcony - why bother indeed...

19. ralphb

Here's the seating chart for the Walter Kerr, built in 1921. I've only sat in the orchestra for shows so I don't know what that 2 row balcony is all about.
    Walter Kerr Theater

20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

For $850 I'd rather see the Dodgers and the Yankees in the World Series. Pass-a-mundo!

21. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

Nah it's in NYC. Not a big market for Bruce. :p

dee, lightbulb and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  22. ralphb

Exactly.

23. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

I sure hope so !!!
    ;):p:laugh:

24. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I watched the Tom Hanks - Springsteen interview last night.
    I am imagining the broadway show would be similar with the Hanks replaced by Springsteen solo song performances.

I like Hanks as much as the next guy, but IMO not the best interviewer.

25. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

What prompted you to see show #13 that would not prompt you to buy a $75 seat to this? I have only seen him solo acoustic once which was a truly amazing performance for about 15k people and woukd love to see a similar show in a much smaller room. I've seen ESB about a dozen times and Seeger Sessions Band twice.

JoeRockhead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.