Bruce Springsteen on Broadway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Squealy, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Official announcement of extension of show through June 2018. Maybe I have a shot at getting tickets to see this show!

‘Springsteen On Broadway’ extended through June 2018

Springsteen on Broadway

"Springsteen on Broadway" announced that its 16-week sold-out series of performances at Jujamcyn's Walter Kerr Theatre will be extended, with additional shows now set for February 28th through June 30th, 2018.

Due to overwhelming participation in the original Onsale powered by Ticketmaster Verified Fan®, there will be no additional registration for this extension. Fans who previously registered and were verified but placed on Standby and did not receive a code, and fans who received a code but were unsuccessful in purchasing tickets will be contacted by Ticketmaster with further information about the added shows.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  2. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Ughhhhhh. This is great for people who live within easy access of NYC (or just people with tons of money to burn) but...man. Kind of sucks for everyone else. I wish we were getting that new album instead of six more months of this. (I suppose he could theoretically release it anytime, but Landau would never let him do it without the ability to do full-on promotion)

Jimmy B. likes this.
  3. INSW

INSW Senior Member

Inc. might be old school but even they know the era of promotion is gone. No amount of Rolling Stone covers late night TV appearances will sell product. Best thing they could do is put it out now.

enro99, Adam Schellin and budwhite like this.
  4. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

yea, now what we MAY get is a short period after the end of the run to avoid overexposure, then an lp in time for Xmas 2018, and a tour in spring/summer 2019

5. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Simple economics tells me they are staggering these codes so that we snap up any date we can get our hands on - i.e a cold Monday in Winter.....

Else they'd have us all fighting for the limited run which would only inflate the prices even more....

The fact that the tickets aren't even ID linked to the purchaser tells you all you need to know about Team Bruce / Ticketmaster's motivations...

blueslover99 likes this.
  6. dee

dee Senior Member

Looks like most all of Jan. and Feb. are'open' from actual performances - I wonder could something new be released during that time...

7. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

I was hoping to get the long rumored new album...guess it's easier to do the show. There is heavy expectation, that once the NY run is done, he'll do London. That will get extended too, must likely going till the end of 2018. He must not have anything to say in new music, makes sense that the Broadway show is the last hurrah.

8. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

He's going to tour/play live until he can't.
    If he's healthy, you'll get another ten years at least.

New records/music? Now that's another thing. Even Bruce must know/feel that he don't have it anymore. Except for rollingstone and the die hards, who really is looking forward to a new record? I know that I don't.
    There's the occasional good or even great song, but a stellar record? That ship has sailed.
    The Rising is way too long and has too many weak songs. Magic was good but sounds like crap. So Tracks CD 1&2 and parts of 3 is pretty much what I'm listening too post Tunnel of Love

Ted Bell likes this.
  9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

By law, all NYC tickets have to be transferable. Scalpers there can afford good lobbyists.

A residency in a nice New Jersey could have been non-transferable.

10. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

I'm sure the latest decision to be in a basic holding pattern is due to his Mom is not healthy and he needs to be near.

I also think that it must be fun to do the show every night.

let him run... likes this.
  11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Got an email for tomorrow's "extended run" onsale... and I'm "on standby" again. :sigh:

Given that this onsale was open only to people who'd been "standby" in the past, I'm surprised. Maybe I've naive, but I thought that those of us also-rans would at least be allowed to try to buy tickets this time.

Nope.

I like the idea of the "Verified Fan" thing but not the exclusionary nature of putting so many people on "standby". "Verify" buyers if you like, but let everyone you "verify" try to buy tickets.

This lottery thing sucks!

hardknox likes this.
  12. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Also on standby.....again

13. helter

helter Forum Resident

Me too

14. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

It's been made clear the new album is in the can and will be released when Bruce is ready. Pretty sure Bruce doesn't look at Broadway as his last hurrah. I don't think he even has the idea of a last hurrah in his head.

905, JoeRockhead and Ted Bell like this.
  15. let him run...

let him run... Senior Member

Now, this makes way more sense than then last hurrah idea.

Stone Turntable likes this.
  16. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

edit - answered my own question

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  17. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Anybody have a spare code they don't plan on using?? ;)

18. helter

helter Forum Resident

I’m waiting for my text message :rolleyes:

19. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

I got the text saying I was in, but when I looked up the FAQ, I couldn't believe the ticket prices - seriously I'd rather go to a full blown E Street show and get a spot next to the stage. It would be hundreds of dollars cheaper than an orchestra seat to one of these shows.

But I gave it a shot because there were cheap seats and $75 sounded reasonable if they were available....

...and I got one! Last night of the whole run (assuming there are no more extensions). Nice way to kick off a 4th of July weekend!

daveidmarx, Mr. D, raphph and 2 others like this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Spoiler alert: it's not coming! :sigh:

HenryH likes this.
  21. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Congrats on scoring a "cheap" ticket. If you get a chance, please post your thoughts after seeing the show. I get what you're saying about seeing a full E-Street show, but I found the Broadway performance a singular experience that was powerful in a different way. Would be interested in your views. Enjoy! :)

22. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Thanks man! Will definitely post my thoughts!

forthlin likes this.
  23. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

24. Chris S.

Chris S. Forum Resident

I got the code and the 10am window. $400 tickets came up but I can’t do it. The prices are nuts and the app only lets you pick 1 price or a range. Ugh. I’d go 200 tops personally. 800 bucks for me and the wife is just insane.

25. helter

helter Forum Resident

Rub it in ! :cussing::mudscrying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.