"Buckingham Nicks"--When, If Ever?....*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jsrstereo, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

With luck we can continue to keep it suppressed.

2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

As for the sound quality, found the second press '75 a few months locally for a buck, finally got around to recording it this morning, It may be my ears only, but I think this sounds pretty darn good
    Stephanie sample
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/twdhbc

3. There isn't anything bigger. There is nothing new and unreleased on CD that Lindsey or Stevie have done either individually or together that can begin to compare with their initial album.
    The only thing better is Rumours.

4. Now that would be a great way to celebrate a 40th anniversary.

5. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

The "bigger" thing he wants it to be part of is, e.g., a reunion Buckingham/Nicks tour or something like that. That is, he wants it to be part of something that would generate lots of PR and notice for the reissue. Something more than just dumping it into the catalog racks.

Pendulous Threads likes this.
  6. Gene

Gene Active Member

Might as well throw in Neil's Journey Through the Past too!

7. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Actually, I think Stevie is the one open to the idea of a tour while Lindsey thinks it's impractical.

8. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

People who are interested in BN should know that on the current FM tour they are playing "Without You". I think that may bode well.

I just saw them tonight in Pittsburgh and was thrilled that they broke that one out.

9. Well, one of the tracks from the Buckingham Nicks album has been re-recorded as a Fleetwood Mac song for their new 2013 4-track EP called Extended Play. The track is Without You, and the EP is available through iTunes only (no physical release). I prefer the original version of Without You myself.

10. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

Interesting except that Without You is not on the Buckingham Nicks LP. I've only heard it as a demo.

JulesDassin, Grant and MikeVielhaber like this.
  11. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Yep, one of the Coffee Plant demos. Nice work Doug;) Ron

12. DLedin

DLedin Forum Resident

Actually, nice work Markshan. He made those demos shine.

13. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

Lol

14. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

You know, after the concert I went to Youtube to hear what was out there for them. After listening to a few clips, I was more impressed than ever with my efforts. I don't remember exactly what I did, but I did it right!

15. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

When Stevie was introducing the song, she said that her and Lindsey had a disagreement over when the song was written. Stevie said before BN, and Lindsey said after. I think Stevie is correct. Stevie also said that "Mick told me to tell you" (seemingly wanting to distance herself from an erroneous statement) "that this song (Without You) was the song he heard when he decided to invite us into the band".

In all likelihood that song would have been "Frozen Love".

16. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

"Frozen Love" is the song it's always been in the story...

Grant likes this.
  17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

And, I can see how. It somehow sounds closer to the sound of the earlier Fleetwood Mac. Too bad it's my least favorite song from the album.

18. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

THAT you did. The perfect word... "shine". Well done! Ron

19. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

I think they should record a Buckingham Nicks II album. That would generate anew interest in the original B-N album so it could then be released too.

For now I'll continue to play my needledrop I made a while back. Great album.

20. At this point, ANY new Fleetwood Mac music essentially IS a new Buckingham Nicks album.

21. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Well that's true I guess, but being released as Fleetwood Mac won't throw any spotlight on the original Buckingham Nicks album. And I was thinking of a more acoustic album, similar to the first BN album. That's hard to do with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie involved - they're the very definition of a rock rhythm section.

22. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

And it makes sense. "Without You" does not make sense. It's only recorded as a demo so I'm not sure why Keith Olsen would've been showing it to Mick. Mick was taken by Lindsey's guitar playing. He wanted Lindsey and not Stevie because he was only looking for a guitar player. This song is just acoustic strumming. Does not show off what Lindsey can do while "Frozen Love" has a really nice guitar solo.

zebop likes this.
  23. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

That's the way I've always heard it--until "Without You" showed up. I don't need the new narrative, I mean it's been nearly 40 years, why rewrite history.

24. onionmaster

onionmaster Tropical new waver from the future

I would be interested to know what programs you use - i have some vinyl recordings where the crackle is pretty much consistent throughout the whole song, and in some cases is as loud as the music. These are records so rare that no better alternative is available, so I would appreciate if you have any advice.

25. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The only thing I can imagine is that when Mick heard Lindsey was part of a duo, somebody played that demo to show Mick what Stevie sounded like. Though why he would hear that instead of the completed Buckingham Nicks album I couldn't guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.