Budgie vinyl reissues.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Alan2, Jul 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan2

Alan2 Forum Resident Thread Starter

black sheriff likes this.
  2. Alan2

Budgie Bump

3. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

Haven`t heard of the label but DiverseVinyl are the biggest rip off price-wise to be found anywhere in my experience!

4. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

$56 to $60 per album at Amazon....ugh. I would normally be all over this, but at THAT price, these are definitely going in the "wish list" or "save for later" cart.....that's just ridiculous.

Alan2 likes this.
  5. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

Keep an eye on play.com. They are starting to stock vinyl and their prices are pretty good from what I`ve looked at. KISS reissues for example are about €18 on average with free shipping. Nothing for Budgie there yet but might be worth asking them.

Alan2 likes this.
  6. Alan2

They aren't competitve price wise, but I've found their service to be very good. No problems with returns at all.

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I've never heard of Noteworthy. Anyone have anything from this label?

Alan2 likes this.
  8. old time fan

old time fan Active Member

Budgie remasters from 2004 onward.

9. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

Are they any good? I would be in the market for some classic Budgie if done right.

10. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I just ordered the 2004 remasters from the UK of In For The Kill, and Never Turn Your Back On a Friend...I'll let you know how they sound when I get them.

Gordon Johnson, celticbob and Alan2 like this.
  11. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

They look pretty reasonable via the Budgie website.

http://www.budgie.uk.com/news/

And I don't care if they're cut from digital, as long as they sound good.

Because I don't have to pay 3 figures for a goddamn record.

christopher and jon9091 like this.
  12. I've just ordered "Never Turn Your Back On A Friend" from Juno Records (www.juno.co.uk), which is one of my favorite resources for brand-new vinyl because of their really low shipping costs (to my country, at least). They are mainly aimed at DJs and that's why their vinyl selection isn't as big as the well-known retailers', but great things can be found there at good prices.

http://www.juno.co.uk/search/?q[artist][]="budgie"

Alan2 likes this.
  13. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

An amazon UK Marketplace seller who I've recently dealt with has this description of the Budgie vinyl:

180gr-HEAVY PASTE ON COVER-AKARMA SUB-LABEL

The Budgie website lists the recent CD re-issues as having been made from the original master tapes. If they were transferred to hi-rez digital at that time, this could be the source used for the new LPs. I'm waiting to hear feedback about these.

BTW - By "heavy paste on cover" they would mean the old style of covers from back in the day as opposed to most of today's covers which are digitally printed on card stock.

Cheers,
    Chris

Alan2 likes this.
  14. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

FWIW, Akarma has reissued some of the unobtainium Vertigo Swirls- I had the impression that these were digital copies from Italy and of questionable origin.

15. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I've ordered 3 from Amazon UK, so hopefully I should have these soon.

ChrisM likes this.
  16. ChrisM

ChrisM Reclusive Enabler

That is the general consensus. I'm hoping for the best since they are talking them up at the Budgie website.

http://www.budgie.uk.com/news/

The label is called Noteworthy. These appear to be the initial releases on the label from what I can find.

Cheers,
    Chris

17. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

This is great news as I only own a Best Of disc by Budgie and as soon as I finish the AC/DC book I am reading I have 2 books on Budgie to read that the author Chris Pike sent me to read and review on our site. Might add an album or two to my shopping cart.

18. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Just got a reply from the band Manager and he has no technical information on these LP's.

motorcitydave likes this.
  19. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

£18.99 each on the band site and signed copies if ordered by 10 Oct.

20. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Thanks for the info. As I said, I don't care if they're cut from digital. I just want that first album on vinyl! :D

21. Here's a video of my turntable playing my just-arrived copy of "Never Turn Your Back On A Friend":

22. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Please give us your opinion about the sound. I think many people are interested in these. I have UK's of everything from Never Turn Your Back On A Friend to If I Were Britannia, I'd Waive The Rules, and still very interested in new releases of those titles, but of course even more in first two albums.

23. radiophonic

radiophonic Forum Resident

Oooh. This is taking me back. I had MCA originals of Never Turn Your Back On A Friend and In For The Kill and RCA copies of Nightflight and Deliver Us From Evil (although the less said about that one, the better). Lent them to a friend's husband. They split up. She dumped his record collection in a charity shop. Irritating to say the least.

I never liked In For The Kill much, but if f the masters are decent (and preferably analogue) I'd be up for replacing Never Turn Your Back and maybe getting the first two as well.I haven't heard Breadfan in about 20 years!

24. I like the album's sound a lot. I think it has plenty of detail. "Muddy" is definitely not a word to describe it. My only complaint is that the amount of noise between tracks is big for a brand-new record (in my opinion).

The thing is, this is my first Budgie ever on vinyl and I've never heard an original pressing. I'd like to know the opinions from those of you who can compare.

motorcitydave likes this.
  25. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Signed???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.