Bull Moose......a class act?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MerseyBeatle, Feb 7, 2014.

1. redmetalmoose

redmetalmoose Forum Resident

Not sure how young the little ones are but the Bullmoose store in Salem could keep you entertained for a bit.Every time I go there I end up spending way more time and lolly than I had intended to.Huge selection of cds.Plenty of lps,dvds and assorted media.Nashua is my pitstop so I don't get up there as often as I'd like.
    You could hit Bullmoose,the Apple Store and take the kids to Canobie Lake to end the day and your wife would think your the World's Best ___.:)

johnnypaddock, ARK and Lebowski like this.
  2. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

But no Bull Moose.

3. Jerryb

Jerryb Forum Resident

I just tried to place an order with BM but they don't take Paypal or Amex.

4. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Anyone purchased used CD's from Bullmoose....were the pressings as advertised and in good condition?

5. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Mostly yes. I have received items not in good condition, however, that is rare and their customer service is great, so they'll make it right. I once ordered a used box set for $16 and the CD's were scuffed, the book was missing and the box dented. Contacted the Moose and they refunded my purchase and said not to worry about sending it back.

George P likes this.
  6. MYKE

MYKE God Bless The Allman Brothers

Chris Brown himself responded to my compliment of every used Blu ray has been in excellent condition, with " don't expect that every time, they're still used."

7. eelkiller

eelkiller Untrained ears

They do resurface discs, members here who know their stuff have mentioned this in the past so if you are real picky about getting discs that are not "buffed" stay clear.

Tuna82 likes this.
  8. zen archer

zen archer Well-Known Member

It is now a $30 purchase (was $25) for Free shipping at Bull Moose »

9. MYKE

Yep, been a few weeks now. $5.00 increase not bad at all.

10. thedon0922

thedon0922 Member

Bullmoose remains one of the best retailers out there. I received an album with a smudged corner, not terrible. I emailed them just to let them know it was lose in the shipping box, not complaining or asking for $, and they went ahead and refunded me $5.

MYKE and 4stringking73 like this.
  11. zen archer

What I don't like about online shopping with Bullmoose. They use some kind of software to increase prices on CD's.
    I had a cd in shopping cart for $3.97 and this morning it jumped to $5.97. I know Amazon does this and I usually take advantage of this
    practice, but I don't like a smaller E-tailer doing it.

George P likes this.
  12. MYKE

They have to eat, just like the rest of us.

ARK likes this.
  13. zen archer

Yes, I give them a lot of business. What if I visited one of their stores and carried the cd to the counter with a sticker price of $3.97,
    only to be told the price went up $2 bucks while I walked down the aisle. For me and this includes Amazon, I delete any cd/dvd/blu-ray that goes
    up in price in my cart. So I don't even see why this practice helps them eat. How many people actually pay these random increases?, do they think that was going to motivate me to make a purchase?

George P likes this.
  14. MYKE

There's always someone else to buy it. You can drop dead, and retailers aren't going to know, let alone miss you.
    It's called Life.

15. zen archer

Or,
    There's always somewhere else to buy it. They can drop dead, and we aren't going to care, let alone miss them.
    It's called "Welcome To The Business World".

zongo likes this.
  16. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

Curious if it was a new or used CD.

Though I don't shop on line from them, I go into the store a few times a year plus receive their newsletter. Often times the labels will authorize new copies certain titles to be sold at a low price for a set period of time. I don't know what the term limit of the sale is or what day of the week the pricing changeover occurs, but this could be a factor if the title had been in your cart for a while.

Given the high opinions people have of their customer service, it might be worth a call.

MYKE likes this.
  17. zen archer

It was Used.

18. MYKE

Not likely. There's enough of us that don't whine, or cry about every perceived slight. We contact them directly, before even considering bad-mouthing them on an international forum, like some 21st century Gladys Kravitz.
    Their customer service is second to none, and someone will be glad to assist you. Bull Moose. Contact Us »

Vinyl Addict and JAG like this.
  19. zen archer

Bullmoose made a business decision to use this software. I respect that. Does not mean i have to like it.
    If you want to insult me that is also fine.

20. JAG

JAG Forum Resident

there is never 100% satisfaction because people like to bitch, Bull Moose is the absolute best audio retailer online or in person. the person who owns Bull Moose is the nicest guy you could ever meet and does this out of love not to become a millionaire, he is running a business with free shipping and bonus points and low prices....they aren't going anywhere and if you do its your loss

Vinyl Addict, ARK, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  21. Jack

Jack Forum Resident

I've about a dozen items pre-ordered from them. Been buying from for two years now. Never an issue. And you sometimes run across surprises, like Rod's EPTAS coming out on SACD next month from Japan.

MYKE likes this.
  22. zen archer

^ Your taking my statement out of context. It was in response to this; "There's always someone else to buy it. You can drop dead, and retailers aren't going to know, let alone miss you.
    It's called Life."
    ...Oh yea, they want to lose customers. Will not matter to them, they won't miss ya! NOT.

I will continue to buy from Bullmoose they are a GREAT retailer!!!!....gee, All I said was I hate the software they use on their website. I did not attack the owner who i am sure is
    a very nice guy.
    In the future I will cut & paste what i want from their site and store it on my own software. Then when I am ready to make a purchase (WHICH I DO OFTEN!) I will add all to my cart and
    make an immediate purchase. This happens in a lot of places not just Bullmoose.
    I don't think it is whining or bitching to make people aware of that practice if they are not already aware of it...not trying to say they suck or you shouldn't buy from them ...jeez.

23. zen archer

This has only happened to me on USED items. In fact It has happened 4 times in the last 6 months, all on USED!
    I buy a lot of stuff from them online. So maybe I encounter it more than some people.

24. How long are you keeping the CDs in the shopping cart before buying?

ARK likes this.
  25. MYKE

Why make a Federal project out of it ? They have a Wishlist. All online retailers do.

ARK likes this.