Bull Moose......a class act?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MerseyBeatle, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Jerryb

Jerryb Forum Resident

They had several cds that I've been looking for years. Really hard to find stuff. No Amex. No Paypal. They won't even accept a MC or Visa pre paid gift card!

2. ggergm

ggergm Forum Resident

Back in my retailer days, AMEX charged me an extra couple of points over MasterCard's and VISA's fees. I accepted AMEX but hated each transaction. If I was to have a store now, I'd only take MasterCard and VISA. A retailer can find relatively cheap transaction rates for them.

I understand your problem with Bullmoose, Jerryb, and agree to a point. I kept repeating to my salespeople that they needed to make it easy for the customer to buy. Another catch phrase I used was, "Get out of the way and let the customer buy." But at the end of the year, my net profit was always less than 2% of gross sales. AMEX ate those 2 points up. A sale using AMEX could end up costing me money.

Have you called Bullmoose to see if they will take a check? Get them to hold the CDs you want and send them a check. It might be a work-around.

Jerryb likes this.
  3. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I really like bull moose they got me some cool records sent from Maine down to Salem NH that were very limited in the past. Like Iron Maiden BNW RSD.
    One complaint is they do not get any EU/UK pressings or next to none. Newbury Comics often has superior EU/UK pressings in their bins a lot of times you won't ever see them at BM.
    Another complaint is particularly the Salem store, these people are clueless about vinyl care. The records in their bins are hacked and stuffed to together so tight it's pretty bad.

4. Jerryb

Jerryb Forum Resident

OK here's what I did. For $1 at a local dollar store I bought a pre paid Visa debit card. I loaded some money on it and then went home and registered the card online. I used it for my BM order and it worked! Normally I wouldn't go this crazy over a few used cds but the 5 used cds I ordered are selling for hundreds of dollars on Ebay and Amazon.I got all 5 for $55.

ggergm and tmtomh like this.
  5. Lorraine

Lorraine Active Member

wow, congrats! that was completely worth the effort!

tmtomh likes this.
  6. JAG

JAG Forum Resident

what are the cd's? don't leave us hanging

tmtomh likes this.
  7. Jerryb

Jerryb Forum Resident

Big Country several of the Rarities cds they put out.

ggergm and tmtomh like this.
  8. MYKE

MYKE Get Off My Lawn

Just finished corresponding with Chris, Kiley, and Sebastian, over their malfunctioning Free Priority Shipping for orders over $50.00, and I either re-learned something I forgot, or learned it for the first time.

I was told that since my order was made up of upcoming new releases, they'd be sent Priority as SOP anyway, in order to get them all to me by release day.

There's your " Class Act." :agree: