Bullwinkle coming on DVD!!!!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by indy mike, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Any Bullwinkle fans out there? Want those wacky toons on DVD? Click on this and read the good news!!!! http://www.dvdtoons.com/news/411

I hope that these use the original soundtrack music (not the cheesy sounding synth stuff used on some of the VHS tapes from the Buena Vista series)...

2. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Cool. How many seasons of Bullwinkle were there?

3. indy mike

I believe it was in production from 1959-1963; General Mills decided they had enough episodes for their needs and had Jay Ward put on the brakes...

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Cool website. Checked around and saw that FIREBALL XL-5 is allegedly out on DVD! Gotta check that out.

Guess I should eBay my Bullwinkle LDs!

5. indy mike

Hmmmm, do those have the original soundtrack music on them? How's the quality of the prints that were used? I'd probably keep them (think about alla those unmonkeyed with early cd's folks wish they'd kept instead of grabbing the new remaster)...

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Not to be a downer, but the Rocky & His Friends camera negs have faded away almost to monochrome (thank you Eastman Color). They are going to have to do some major restoration work if they want these to look good.

7. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

There are two discs due for release on the 2nd of June over here - I've preordered mine :)

All the best - Andrew

8. indy mike

When the Buena Vista Bullwinkle VHS tapes started coming out in the 90's they were restored - the colors were much better than the prints run endlessly on tv had at that point. Some soundtrack re-recording was done (synth music crept in here and there, and some of the voices were redubbed by Keith Scott, the guy who wrote the awesome Jay Ward bio The Moose That Roared - a must read if you wanta get the poop on Bullwinkle and pals). Since there weren't too many VHS tapes released, let's hope that the restoration continued on for the entire series...

9. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

that'll be a rabbit they'll have to pull out of their hat...

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

"And now here's something we hope you'll really like..." MOOSE AND SQUIRREL ON DVD!! :righton: :goodie:

P.S. "Fan mail from some flounder??":confused:

11. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

WHERE IS MOOSE AND SQUIRREL????
    I cant wait for these. I will probably have to buy it for my dad though. He used to hurry home from college classes so he could watch Rocky and Bullwinkle. HEHEHEHEH.
    Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my as... hat!

12. indy mike

I emailed Jerry Beck about those DVD's - no info on them yet from JB, but he sez the restored Bullwinkle material is shown on European TV - guess I need a dish! Any of our friends in a European country watch these great toons? How do they look???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.