Buying Electronics on e-bay

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Blair G., Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member Thread Starter

The power amp I covet is on e-bay, brand new, for almost $500 cheaper than what I can get it for on the street. Is this too good to be true?

Seller is "hifitrader". I'm assuming he's not sanctioned by ASL Group, the US distributor.
    Should I risk It?

2. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

Did you take a look at that feedback for the seller? Some pretty negative things were said.

Personally, I would be afraid to chance it with this seller.

Be careful out there!
    Tony

3. Blair G.

I did read some of the feedback. Some good, some bad.
    Not sure at what point the alarm flags should go up. Thanks for your input, I'm leaning towards buying from a B&M.

4. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I had my suspicions and sure enough, saw the familiar name "Nathanial". I dealt with them a while ago under a different company name. At the time, they actually had no stock-would try to get the item after the buyer ordered it. Reading the feedback, it looks like they still operate this way. I wound up doing a chargeback to my credit card after many broken promises to ship.

You can do a search on audiogon to see if any reputable sellers have the item you're looking for. If you have a good, service oriented B&M store in your area, that's probably the way to go.

5. Blair G.

OK, I've heard enough.
    Won't be buying from this seller. I'm glad I asked. Thanks for your feedback, you probably saved me money in the long run and helped me avoid quite the headache.

6. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

Isn't it ebay's policy that sellers have product on hand and ready to ship unless stated otherwise in ad?

This seller is one I want to stay away from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.