Camel 'Moonmadness' - Happy 40th anniversary !!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ponkine, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermanenmonja

hermanenmonja Forum Resident

Found a rather good one (Decca ‎– TXS-R 115, Gama (3) ‎– TXS-R 1) not to expensive. Like the sound a lot better than the US version, wow!

izgoblin likes this.
  2. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

However, I have both and they sound great, but I think the US Passport is my favorite. Didn't Robert Ludwig master it?

3. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Hmm, maybe I should give it another try. I didn't A-B the UK vs. the US vinyl but after hearing the UK, I couldn't imagine the US bettering it given that I almost never hear a US version from that era that I like better when an album was recorded in the UK.

I do know that the recent-ish Japanese SACD got some love on this forum and I did A-B that with the UK LP and the UK LP had much fuller bass.

4. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

Just back to my hotel after the Camel show in Newcastle tonight. Fantastic performance by a band in top form and clearly enjoying playing to an enthusiastic crowd. If you are in the UK you might still be able to catch them this month. I heartily recommend it.

formu_la and Sydster like this.
  5. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

For those, who like me, did not have a chance to see them on this tour - Blu-Ray and DVD from Albert Hall are coming...
    Here is "sneak pick"

I like that they are featuring Pete Jones, and I think if they decided to release new record he will be driving force behind it. The guy is awesome.

anduandi, abzach and Pete Puma like this.
  6. Old Zorki II

They will name new DVD/Blu Ray "End of the Line" :cry:. I honestly do not like that name, it spells "it's over". Damn!

7. Nice performance and deep track selection. Not a favorite song, but still nice to see them go deep.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  8. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

You can interpret it as being their last ever or you can see it as I do and realise that the RAH gig was in fact the final gig of this tour. I remember seeing some post by Pete Jones that Andy had not intention of calling it quits yet despite the physical problems he has to endure. I am still hoping for a new Camel album with major involvement by Pete Jones as he is both a great vocalist, keyboardplayer AND songwriter.

Old Zorki II and anduandi like this.
  9. Old Zorki II

I wish you are right... So far Pete Jones was super busy with other projects (Tiger Moth Tales and Red Bazar) and no mention of upcoming work with Camel. But Camel traditionally was fairly tight lipped.

10. Old Zorki II

For those who waited - new Albert Hall DVD finally is available for preorder on camel official website.

Rufus rag likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.