Cameo Parkway

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RetroSmith, Jan 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Too familiar!:)

2. mikenyc

mikenyc New Member

If it wasn't for Cam-Park and the needle drop guys...we wouldn't have ANYTHING out there...and something is better than nothin' !

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i have 2 ? and the mysterians comps.

1 - the campark with 30 songs made in germany - catalog # - qmath 01

2- 96 tears +4 - it has 16 songs, from italy (probably makes it more "grey" than the campark). catalog # - ant 30.11

both are mono.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

How's the sound quality on both? The 12 track Merlin Cee Dee has mixed S/M and sounds very good. I guess they were not partially sourced from the Merlin Cee Dee...Hmmm

5. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member

No, you're not missing anything with regards to the CamPark issue. I just dug it out while reading this thread--most of it seems like it was sourced from nth generation tapes while some of the singles were dubbed from vinyl. Overall the sound is both processed and very "boxy." And it's all mono.

6. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

Mike,

That's pretty much true, but don't forget that the 1980s CD of Moonlighting (on MCA) had Limbo Rock by Chubby Checker (the original version!) as one of the tracks!

And talk about sound...well, maybe we SHOULDN"T talk about sound. The song sounds okay...but nothing to go too crazy trying to find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.