can I find a good sacd player for 400-500?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Beatlelennon65, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

Mine is indeed an XA777ES. Some other folks have had similar problems with theirs with CD's if not CD-R's, that I've chatted with here and at other forums. I maybe didn't get one of the best ones off the line, possibily, but since Mr. Oade worked on it, it's only hick-up's have been to not like one Dylan hybrid and the short while that the Brazilian CD-R was in it. I stille almost feel like he modd'ed my player, if only to adjust it better than factory did. He improved the SACD sound, I'm so sure... I play CD-R's in my LD player. That's my drive of choice for them.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Malc, I have the SCD-777ES (stereo-only SACD player). Sorry if I caused confusion.

The SCD-777ES and SCD-1 were not advertised as being CD-R/RW-compatible, but as I recall, the 'XA777ES was.

I was really surprised that my '777ES choked on that CD-R five years ago. I don't think there is anything wrong with the player since it has never hicupped on store-bought discs.

3. KeithH

If you go that route, I'd be curious to hear how the Sony changer works for you.

4. KeithH

I have to ask how upsampled CDs on the Philips compare to CDs played back at 16/44.1 on the Rotel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.