Can you list songs where a mistake was intentionally left in?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rgrainger

rgrainger Well-Known Member

Not strictly a mistake, but in REM's cover of King of the Road, which I believe they recorded on the spur of the moment when drunk, you can hear bassist Mike Mills calling out the chords to guitarist Peter Buck. Stipe, meanwhile, apparently only knows about 10 of the words. Arguably, the whole thing is one glorious, joyous mistake.

2. rgrainger

rgrainger Well-Known Member

At the end of the vocals in REM's So. Central Rain, you can hear a clatter. Michael Stipe recorded the vocals on a staircase, and he apparently got so into the song at the end that he fell down the stairs...

3. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Dylan starts to laugh during an otherwise epic performance on the studio version of "A Hard Rain...", after making a mistake with the lyric.

4. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

ZZ Top "Waitin' On the Bus"/"Jesus Just Left Chicago" weren't meant to be conjoined but somebody bumped into the mixing console and messed the tape up, making the two songs inadvertently segue into each other.

5. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

The ****ed up edit of Lennon's 'downnn' during 'Happiness Is A Warm Gun'

6. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

"She's A Woman" (again) ... John forgets to go to the IV chord ... more than once, if my memory serves! I think I read somewhere that there were jazz cigarettes during that session.

Hey, A7 is a satisfying chord to keep bangin' out on the off beat. Trust me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.