CANCELED TV SHOWS as of December 2017.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by pblmow, Feb 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

CBS not Fox - and it should have been cancelled twice, just to make certain it was really dead.

2. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Blacklist has gotten much better without the heavy handed melodramatic relationship between Elizabeth & Tom Keen and the soapy who's got the baby dilemma. Also, I don't believe most viewers watch Blacklist for "the bad guy of the week" premise. I suspect most folks tune in for the snarky malevolence of James Spader's Raymond Reddington delivering crisp, well written dialog. Megan Boone's character has certainly gotten stronger this season in keeping with the growth of her character as originally developed. Diego Klattenhoff (FBI agent Donald Ressler), while under-utilized as the second male lead during most of the series run, seems to have been given more opportunity to stretch this season.

:cheers:
    Cat

marmalade166 likes this.
  3. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I loved it. I realise that's not a popular opinion.

:hide:

4. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Sleepy Hollow got terrible towards the end, even the lead actors didn't want to be in it by the third season.

Penny Dreadful ended properly even though it left a few plots in the wind (maybe in case they decided to come back).

My other half will be sad about Grimm but it looks like it got a 13 episode send off season at least.

5. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

I will miss Hater's Back Off!!

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  6. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Zoo was absolutely bonkers, but fun

Blunt Talk was a great show, but I guess it didn't get enough viewers

Same with Dark Matter, and another decent Sci-Fi show bites the bullet :cry:

7. marmalade166

Just saw that Roadies was cancelled, I don't know if anyone saw it here but I really enjoyed it

Annoyed about Quarry being cancelled, other than being an interesting and entertaining show it had an awesome Memphis based soundtrack

GodShifter likes this.
  8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I really liked both of those. There are threads here about both shows.

9. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I liked 'Salem'(WGN) a lot as great tv show about Witches that had some disturbing, creepy scenes. I thought in the first season that the Witch, Mary Sibley(Janet Montgomery) was hot, but then seeing what she could do with her powers had effectively killed off that crush I had on her soon after(I am a sucker fora 'Hot' Witch-haha). The Show Scenery on 'Salem' made me feel like I was living back in that time period(like Deadwood-HBO TV Series).

I liked 'Aquarius' with David Duchovny, as was interested in the backstory of Charles Manson and his followers/cult, but was not surprised it got cancelled, since it came on the same night as 'Hannibal' that I rank in my Top 5 TV Dramas of all time, and when 'Hannibal' got cancelled by NBC(wrong network to place that Dark Show on in the first place, as was not much action, but a character dialogue driven series that rewarded patience), I figured that 'Aquarius' that also was getting low ratings, as it was also heavier on dialogue compared to action. Despite how Season #3 of 'Hannibal' ended, hoping that Showrunner, Fuller can get another network(FX, AMC, etc.) or Streaming Services(Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, etc.) to pick up the series, so Fuller can complete the planned 7 Seasons, including the story line from 'The Silence of the Lambs' that he was still trying to secure rights from the book to include in his version of 'Hannibal'(which he was going to work around, if necessary buy just changing a few character names).

'Tyrant'(FX) was one of the best shows I had seen the years it was running, but FX, which used to not let low ratings keep them from sticking with a Quality TV Drama and grow an audience, decided to end it(like they also did for 'The Bridge' that was another great TV Show). At least 'Damages' found a new Home to complete their series, so was hoping the same for 'Tyrant' and 'The Bridge', but does not seem to be in the (House of) Cards.

American Crime was a good show, but I lost track keeping up with it after the first season, so my own fault that I missed future seasons, but just did not have time to watch every TV Show, which I like.

At least FX let 'The Strain' complete its series, although not a Great TV Show, it was a lot fun and a great :-popcorn: show for mindless fun to escape and the Vampir/Strigois were much scarier than Walkers(The Walking Dead)-IMO

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. Well....Turn just ended. It concluded it's saga. I don't know if they were given time to close off the series but it was pretty close to being finished if not anyway.

11. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

It's so bad it needed to be cancelled twice, just to make sure it stayed dead.

12. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Halt and Catch Fire was cancelled? I thought it had run its course through a finale. It was a great show with a classic ending. I wouldn't have called it cancelled. More like the show ended because the story was over.

Disappointed about 12 Monkeys. I think they messed up the last season releasing it all at one time as a download. It lost its mojo when you couldn't talk about it weekly and was quickly forgotten by the viewers. The story did start to meander a la WD. Wish they would have concluded it instead of dragging it out.

I don't really recognize most of the rest of the list.

13. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

Many of those are hardly breaking news. Both Aquarius and Vinyl stopped being broadcast in 2016.

14. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

15. MikaelaArsenault

16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Roadies was an enjoyable show. I liked the cast and thought they had good chemistry.

BNell, amoergosum and marmalade166 like this.
  17. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident

...love Vinyl.

...love Roadies.

...love 12 Monkeys.

18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Quarry grieves me the most. That was a good series with a lot of potential. It had some problems, but I liked it, overall.

19. marmalade166

Remembered today that Black Matter was cancelled, but realising Killjoys was still running has lessened the blow somewhat...

20. MikaelaArsenault

21. marmalade166

I'm miffed about The Crossing, I'e been enjoying it and the show has an interesting premise. Valor was fun, as is Deception. I've pretty much given up on Lucifer as it's just repeating itself now. The Expanse isn't on this list, I'm really hoping it gets picked up as it's the one show that's been cancelled that I really look forward to, and Brooklyn Nine Nine has been picked up by another network already

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  22. MikaelaArsenault

The reason these shows didn’t do well is all because of low ratings.

23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

alex inc was a really good show and funny every promo I saw for it called it "ABCs new hit comedy" yet it was just canceled

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

Glad that NBC quickly saved Brooklyn 9-9 and seemed to be a result of a big social media reaction.
    Disappointed that The Mick was cancelled though, as it was he funniest sitcom currently on tv-IMO. Guess most of the public does not share my outside the mainstream sense of humor though, as to me The Mick was the funniest show since The League that was on FX/FXX(not counting the animated show, Family Guy).

eddiel and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. TheSeldomSeenKid

Crossing over on topic slightly, but seeing the low ratings for these cancelled tv shows makes me wonder if a great Music Artist like David Bowie would have potentially not have been kept signed by his Music Label due to low sales of his debut album, or more currently a band like Tame Impala when also considering Streaming Numbers along with sales(Downloaf, CD & Vinyl) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.