Cancelled TV shows you think could still produce fresh episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Cubby, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conception

conception Forum Resident

That's My Bush was fantastic, but the official story is that the episodes were simply too expensive to produce for some reason.

sunspot42 likes this.
  2. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

Studio 60

DLant likes this.
  3. GullGutt

GullGutt Hei hopp

High Stakes Poker :agree:
    [​IMG]

4. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Just thought of another one: Happy Endings. That show was still hitting on all cylinders in it's final season.

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

INVASION
    THE QUTLAWS
    NOWHERE MAN

6. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

The Invaders. I would like to see Roy Thinnes team up with a younger actor to take on the invaders from another planet. The original show only did 43 episodes. So I think they could start up a new series.

7. Michael

now that would be quite interesting!

wayne66 likes this.
  8. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Blade the Vampire hunter

9. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Thanks. Your post right above mine triggered my memory. The show Invasion is very similarly titled to The Invaders. A nice plot for The Invaders would involve the character David Vincent (played by Roy Thinnes) teaming up with an actor who could play his son. In my story David Vincent ended up getting married and had a couple of children. They end up getting divorced and the children become estranged from their father, due to their perception of him being a conspiracy theorist. In the first episode David's son finally sees the Invaders for himself and contact's his father, etc. That is where the adventure starts. Every week the Vincent's must fight off the Invaders. As time goes by week meet his ex wife and other child. They become closer. So the show would be about fighting off the Invaders but also about the redemption of David Vincent. Similar to Walter Bishop from Fringe. I know the plot has been done to death but with the right writers and actors it could work well.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

that's great! you are making me want to see this! LOL!

wayne66 likes this.
  11. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

Thanks Michael. I have been watching the X-Files and I am almost done with that. Along with Fringe I have become a big fan of these type of shows. Great character moments and writing in a series is always welcome to me. A revived Invaders would work for me.

Michael likes this.
  12. Michael

me too! I wish they would have finished Invasion...we really enjoyed that show...did you see it?

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's what I'd call almost a good show. It had moments, but veered all over the place.

I worked on That '70s Show quite a few times, and I was appalled when in the second season, the cast all went to see Star Wars. I thought, "what? We're 24 episodes in and it's already 1977? What's gonna happen if the show goes more than 3 more years?" And the answer is they had to kind of tread water for awhile and go through the rest of the decade much more slowly.

That '80s Show just had no nostalgia going for it. Dumb show, producers didn't care, audiences cared less.

14. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

No I did not. That is the problem with working nights. I usually missed a lot of good programs. It seems that many good shows get cancelled early while cheaper to make reality programming keeps going on and on.

15. Michael

too bad ...I think you may have enjoyed it.

16. Michael

all in all that show was great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.