Captain Beefheart Safe As Milk from the MONO master on Sundazed!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Laservampire, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

Yes indeed there will. I'm pretty happy with the packaging on that, too!!

Mr. H likes this.
  2. RocketUSA

RocketUSA Forum Resident

What was the issue with the VU box? I've read some gripes about the packaging, but what about the pressing?

3. RocketUSA

RocketUSA Forum Resident

Thanks for the reply, but I think you might have misunderstood me. I'd read elsewhere that the stereo version of Safe as Milk was enhanced stereo, not true stereo, etc.

4. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

If you have any Safe as Milk CD that is not the 1999 Buddha or the event more recent Rev-Ola issue than you have fake stereo or in some cases collapsed stereo. The Sundazed will be the first reissue of the true mono mix. I can't wait.

Jon Busey-Hunt likes this.
  5. Jon Busey-Hunt

I think a few folks got non-flat records. We've switched plants AFAIK. Everything I've worked on lately has been at QRP, who do a smashing job. That project was a case of several things going wrong at once...coincidence, basically, but we've changed the way we do several things and the last bunch of stuff we've done has looked terrific and sounded good, too.

I don't wanna give too much away, but I will say I took a lot of time "remastering" the cover art. I don't think any of the reissues of this have gotten it right in terms of the colors and the photos and such. Lots of nuances got lost over the years!

floweringtoilet likes this.
  6. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

As quicksrt stated earlier, the stereo version of Safe As Milk is true stereo.

7. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the heads up!
    ----------- Chris

8. danner

danner Forum Resident

I bought the VU box back in January, and my copy is fantastic. No problems at all.

9. Jon Busey-Hunt

You probably got the second pressing! We're the albums individually wrapped?

10. danner

danner Forum Resident

Actually, I don't think so. It did come with the foam filler though.

11. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

Ya know, if the LP does come with the bumper sticker I'll probably buy TWO copies just so I can put one on my car! Maybe three so I can keep one sealed.........
    ---------- Chris

floweringtoilet likes this.
  12. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Amazon has it up for pre-order with a release date of July 30th.

13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Great! My most anticipated summer purchase.

14. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Amazon only has the vinyl listed. I'm waiting for the CD. Is the CD still going to come out or was there a change of plans?:confused:

15. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

The Amazon listing I'm seeing has almost no information. No record label, no mention of mono. How do you know this is the one we're anticipating and not some grey market release? For a release only a week away, you'd think there would be more information in the listing.

16. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm not sure. Amazon tends to jump the gun on pre-orders. I went ahead since I had a gift card credit. If it turns out to be a boot, I'll cancel it.

17. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I chatted with Amazon today and the sales rep had no idea who was providing this record to them. I cancelled my pre-order. I'll wait til Sundazed has it up on their Amazon store.

18. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

So does anybody in the know, know if the mono CD is still in the works?

19. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

I second this. Please, someone in-the-know, respond here.

Platterpus likes this.
  20. Jon Busey-Hunt

Oh yes, it's coming. I believe September is the date for this. Expect an official announcement soon. The CD and the LP are a-coming.

21. Jon Busey-Hunt

...dunno what that Amazon deal is. Gun-jumping. I'd wait and pre order from Sundazed.

22. Chris180g

Chris180g Forum Resident

Sweet news, thanks Jon :righton:

23. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Yeah, thanks Jon for the heads up. May I add that you do a real nice job for Sundazed's graphic design on their various releases.:thumbsup:

Mr. H likes this.
  24. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident

I have to say that if Sundazed uses the same process as it did for those two RSD 45's (or limited release or whatever), then this new mono remaster will be a revelation in sound for the mono mix. Just based on those mp3 clips on Sundazed of those four songs I can clearly hear more than on a rip of an original mono U.S. lp, which sounds muddy by comparison. I eagerly await this one. Hoooray for Sundazed for doing exactly what they are doing!

25. Allan

Allan Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Just saw this on facebook...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.