Car 54 - Original series coming to DVD early 2011

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by DJ WILBUR, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

My set should arrive tomorrow. Very excited. Amazon reviewers complaining about the packaging and episode order. That episode order thing was kinda dumb. You gonna remaster these shows and all that then not put them in order? And to rank them by popularity....Who's popularity? Because one of my favorite episodes, "Get Well, Officer Schnauzer" (where Toody goes undercover as "Way-Out Williams") is apparently ranked 27th out of the 30 episodes. Oh well. I can always jump around from disk to disk if I want to relive the Car 54 experience in it's original order. I'm just happy to have them on DVD finally. I hope Season 2 isn't that far behind.

2. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid Thread Starter

was told it will be out in early 2012...

3. Daniel Plainview

My set arrived today, actually. I'm glad I read the Amazon review that warned me that the discs would come flying out when I opened it, because they did. No damage done, though. I was prepared. Interesting packaging to say the least. But it's the show itself that counts and I watched half of "Put It In The Bank" on my lunchbreak and was cracking up. Such a great show, it never gets old. And it's never looked better.

4. Daniel Plainview

I've been watching episodes every night since I got the set. Episode order really isn't an issue when you get down to it. These shows are so damn funny. And they look pretty good, overall. I noticed some shakiness during a couple of episodes but mostly the picture is clean and clear.

5. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

Has anybody else had a problem with their player reading disc 2? I returned the first set and got a second one, but my reader stops in the same spot on disc 2. There must be a burning error. I'm not sure if ti occcurs with all players. I analysed it with file recovery software on my computer DVD drive, and it identifies file integrity errors as well.

6. Daniel Plainview

My disc played fine, at least during the episodes I've watched. Is there a particular spot I should check?

7. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Surprised. Mine were not only very secure, but I almost searched youtube for a video showing how to get them out.

('Push down' does have two meanings. I took it as pushing down towards the case, not pushing down towards the floor {if held perpendicular to the floor}.)

Watched the first episode by broadcast order last night ('I Love Lucile') but having done that, I'm not going to bother continuing the hassle. You're right: there's no reason to watch them in order. I still wish they had put it in either broadcast or production order, or at least included a list of a 'proper' order, but whatever.

8. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Alas, my disc one is defective and needs to be replaced. Wonder if it's the packaging...

9. brtcmfn

brtcmfn New Member

Anyone hear of a confirmed release date yet for Season 2?

10. DJ WILBUR

Season 2 is coming out in the Spring....:D

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

excellent! can't wait! thanks for the heads up!:wave:

also, I also like the DVD holders! great idea...

12. Daniel Plainview

I'm eager....just kinda hope they keep the episodes in order this time.

13. Michael

indeed! I have to say that was a crazy idea that still bugs me, but I'm thrilled to have the shows on DVD.:)

14. Groove_Drummer

Groove_Drummer Forum Resident

Great news!!!

15. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

Jumpin' Jehosaphat!

16. Michael

Ouu, Ouu, Ouu...:laugh:

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

18. Michael

...up for pre-order at Amazon!

19. Daniel Plainview

20. DJ WILBUR

21. Michael

22. Groove_Drummer

Groove_Drummer Forum Resident

Dropped down to $20.99 from $35.99 at Amazon today. My order is in...

23. syogusr

syogusr New Member

$19.86 at Wal Mart + $1.97 s/h:)

24. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Ooh-ooh!

25. Michael

done! it may even go lower.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.