Cart Upgrade Suggestions from Ortofon and Dynavector

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by avanti1960, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright pbthal

You can tell a hell of a lot from needledrops but it is pointless to argue in this forum

2. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident Thread Starter

thanks for the info. i did want a shibata but the reports of the ART9 are through the roof by upwards of a dozen users and it is the flagship model in Japan, more expensive than the AT33SA.
    i have also read that it can take 50 to 150 hrs to lose the excessive top end which could have been the cause for the etched sound in the recordings.
    i did hear one recording of an ART9 and the treble was euphonic and amazing.

Strat-Mangler, Seafinch and HiFi Guy like this.
  3. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Exhilaration is what I'm feeling for Avanit! He's chosen wisely I believe :unhunh:

avanti1960 and HiFi Guy like this.
  4. Congrats! I'm looking forward to reading your review of the ART-9. I have an AT-33ptg and really enjoy it but it's hard not to wonder what would be even better!
    Merry Christmas!

avanti1960 and HiFi Guy like this.
  5. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

Congrats on your new cart and thanks for posting your research here. You've saved me from doing some research as well. Thanks a lot!

avanti1960 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  6. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

It's a p-or form to diss his choice. It accomplishes nothing. Definitely not in the spirit of Christmas.

Next time, try congratulating him. It was a big purchase and obviously, he mulled things over for quite a while. Regardless of the choice, invariably somebody will have a different preference but since we don't all hear the same things, your preference is not universal.

OP, congratulations on your new purchase! Hope you get many hundred hours of listening pleasure with it. :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    avanti1960 likes this.
  7. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright pbthal

So call out the other poster who said he would have gotten a Cartridge Man Music Maker...and BTW I said good luck with the ART...selective reading is a wonderful thing

8. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Said in a dismissive way, sure.

Would've been refreshing to see you apologize but I guess that'd be too much to expect, even on Christmas.

Ego is a wonderful thing.

9. vinyldoneright

vinyldoneright pbthal

Always nice to hear from the holier than thou faction who have nothing better to do than preach from their glass houses

10. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Did you guys make up yet?

:cussing::chill:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.