CBS "Madam Secretary" - What's Your Opinion?*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by gotityet0, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, I noticed that too, especially last week. The character seems to be ill defined.

This week's episode was pretty good, but I really wish they'd stretch out some of these stories over two or three weeks to do them justice. Currently, it's just a case/crisis of the week which feels a little perfunctory.

However, the biggest problem with the show is the high-school grade office romance between the two staff members. Seriously, the nerdy guy with the glasses is totally miscast - he looks like he belongs on the set of a Porky's reboot!

2. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

With the pro football games on CBS, it frequently is on at the same time as The Walking Dead due to the games running late!

There is no way I'm gonna miss the Dead, so guess I'll have to check it out after the current Dead episodes end.....

3. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

In the second episode they added a 'secret' teenage daughter. I guess the show needed sexing up a little.
    Their conspiracy theory obsessed son is no Michael J Fox.

4. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wow, best episode ("So It Goes") of the season so far. Things are getting really juicy!

Atmospheric and gotityet0 like this.
  5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The episode about India was falsely advertised here. They made it look like it was all about the missing daughter but in the actual episode they found her in about 30 seconds. The previous week they led us to believe it was about Ebola but it was not.

6. gotityet0

gotityet0 vinyl nut Thread Starter

:agree:

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

tea leoni is just so..........blah (for lack of a better word)

8. gotityet0

Good episode last night:)

9. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I hope we've seen the end of Tim Daly, Superspy.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I thought it was okay, not great by a long shot. Things that dragged: family/kids plotline; office staffers that think they're in a high school comedy. The spy stuff was okay and the best bit was the smackdown of the Texas politician, but that was all of 2-3 mins of screen time.

Just get on with the investigation of the killing - that's where most of the best drama lies.

11. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

(Thread title updated.)

12. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

In this show, yes, she is really boring. I stopped watching because I lost interest...

13. gotityet0

Great episode last night. Kinda put me in mind of what happened in Paris.:cry::mad:

14. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It was a good episode, though I don't really see a connection with the Paris incident. Also, it was a bit weird seeing Aasif Mandvi play the role that he did after seeing him regularly on The Daily Show.

15. gotityet0

loosely connected the zealots in the world that will kill somebody for not agreeing and or poking fun at their beliefs

16. gotityet0

New season started last night. I thought it was a good episode. Anybody else watch?

17. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, I did and it was a good episode.

<...spoiler...> I knew from the start that the staff firing was a fakeout as we weren't shown any scenes that took place behind the closed door, but I was a little surprised that everything was wrapped up in just a few scenes.

That's been my main bugbear for this show - everything is almost always wrapped up in a nice bow in one episode. Many of these plot points really deserve more time to play out, while the overarching series assassination premise seems to drag on in fits and starts.

Nevertheless, a very enjoyable show.

18. joefont

joefont Senior Member

I've watched several episodes. Decent show. But I watch television for escapism..... I don't need fictional politics; I get too much real-life politics already!

19. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

simply cannot get into it

ky658 likes this.
  20. gotityet0

I thought last nights episode was very thoughtful. Although I believe their somewhat copying Hillary Clintons career.

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

How so?

I though it was pretty good, if not anything special.

22. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I wonder if such programming even plays into actually advocating on current issues - negotiating with Iran for example.

23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, they do draw on current events, but at least on this show, the context is quite different.

24. gotityet0

Well it certainly makes one think about all the crap we put are kids through around the world.

25. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

This week, Madam Secretary does The Hunt For Red October. Instead of caterpillar drive, they had deflector technology! :D

gotityet0 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.