CC Music

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Blair G., Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone have any experience with this companies ability to supply and deliver DCC's ?
    Tried a search and couldn't come up with much info.

Thx

2. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Haven't heard of them. Can you post a URL?

3. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

Is it Collector's Choice Music?

4. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

MattB and myself have both got orders outstanding from them - Matt has been waiting a little longer than I have - we seem to both be inclined to cross our fingers and wait and give them the benefit of doubt. Check out the end of the Ringo DCC thread to catch the chat.

I received a note from them a couple of days ago telling me Aqualung was unavailable and they would ship Ringo in the next 3 weeks :D

So far then - nothing delivered - some of what I ordered they tell me they can't deliver and a wait in hope for the rest. On the up-side they do post some of the lowest prices ;)

That all is if we are talking about www.ccmusic.com

Hope you get what you want and at the right price - Andrew

5. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Well, I just ordered the Ringo and two Nat King Coles from here, so it'll be interesting to see if ANY of them ship. The Ringo claimed to be available for shipment in 2 to 3 days, so we'll see...

6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member Thread Starter

Yes, I meant Collectors Choice Music. The Ringo thread prompted the question.

I recently tried DeepDiscountCD.com too, in mid June.

They have delivered 1 out of 7 so far (Jimmy Smith). Many of the titles I ordered mysteriously disappeared from their DCC list not long after I placed my order, including Ringo. They told me they had filled an order for Ringo only three days before I called . Maybe that person got the last copy.

I got a discontinued note about Aqualung this week but they still claim they will ship the remainder on July 8. I have already definitely sourced Hotel California and Elton's Greatest somewhere else. Will see if DD CD can supply Eagles Greatest, Ringo and Original Masters. I have my doubts.

Many of the jazz titles aren't too hard to find.

I've learned to leave no stone unturned and don't believe the seller can actually supply anything until it shows up at your door.

7. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I ordered DCC's from both www.collectorschoicemusic.com (Ringo & Hotel California) and www.deepdiscountcd.com (24 Kt Hits & Roy Orbison) at the end of May. A few weeks later I was emailed saying they were on backorder then about a week ago I emails from both saying that they were discontinued and my order was regretfully being cancelled. I just wihed that they would have said they ere not in stock when I ordered. :rolleyes:

BTW CCM does have Steve's Razor & Tie Beach Boys set.

8. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Deep Discount looks like they have a lot of great titles at great prices but my experiencehas been that they can't deliver them. I guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

9. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Why "backorder," not "unavailable"

Working retail most of my life, I can tell you that most dealers will keep something on their database (and therefore their website, which is linked to their database) rather than delete it.

Keeping an item in the database costs nothing, and can provide important data when the item, or a like-item, becomes available again. If DCC were suddenly resurrected (i.e., one of us hits Lotto), the dealer would like to know how many copies of RINGO they could have sold in the past eighteen months before restocking. A company like Collector's Choice might even use such data to determine what to reissue themselves.

Deleting items cost money: you have to pay someone to go through your data, deleting, say, "all items with sales less than or equal to zero and last inventory date before last twelve months." Even then, you risk removing slow-moving items that happened to be unavailable from the label when you last reordered them. In other words, there's no guarantee you won't accidentally remove readily-available items you could re-order, or receive in returns. Better to err on the side of "available." I once ordered and received a copy of WHO'S NEXT long after MFSL succumbed; probably a store return.

Of course, eventually you risk annoying customers, at which point someone who really knows the stock situation should alter the database. MFSL product is removed from most music websites. In several months, I'm sure the same various delete parameters will remove DCC product.

10. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

I had a look at Deep Discount. Most of the DCC gold cds are listed as "usually ships within 10 days" which I have learned from recent experience means backorder.

However DCC Elton John was "in stock", so I immediately ordered it!

Then I checked the order status page and guess what........."backorder"!!

Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.