CD Burning Software Question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by audiodrome, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone know of a cheap or free CD burning program that allows you to:

1. Work with a continuous program and insert track markers (as in a "live" CD)
    2. Perform crossfades between tracks and audition before burning

I use Adaptec/Roxio software at my studio (Mac) but I'm not that familiar with programs for Windows. I currently use Nero at home for making CDRs, and although it works great, it doesn't do much beyond your basic copies and compilations.

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

CD Architect is great for making CDs, and once you learn how to use it, you can make some really good CDs with it. It's not the cheapest thing around, but IMHO it's worth it if you make a lot of CDs.

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I use Adobe Audition, but it costs almost $300. But, it's the best and easiest, IMHO.

4. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I use WavMerge to merge tracks and CD Wav to divide tracks. You might be able to use CD Wav to perform crossfades, I've never tried. They are free and I have never had any problems with either program.

CD Wav here: http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave/
    WavMerger here: http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/files/files.htm

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It just depends on what your priorities are. Any program I use MUST be able to crunch 32-bit or 24-bit files.

6. Paul G

Paul G Senior Member

I second Rudy's recommendation.

It's currently made by Sony, which is now folding its new version, 5.2, into the SoundForge 8.0 audio editing software (itself a new version).

Paul

7. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. It's hard because I don't have any pro recording software on my home PC (other than Cakewalk Sonar), and I hate having to go to the studio everytime I want to make a more complicated CDR. You get spoiled because most, if not all of the high end programs feature built-in pro burning applications. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra money to "burn" right now... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.